The Wycombe game

This really is shaping up to be a massive game. can we really see us getting anything from charlton and sheff weds? if (some would say when) we lose these two games we will have lost 9 in 11, and potentially be sitting within touching distance of the drop zone. if things get to that stage, with the form we are in it really is squeeky bum time.

at the minute it is a must not lose. by then could it be a must win?

How many teams are below us... Are they all really going to have better form over the next few weeks?

I think we will stay up even if we don't win another game

Completely agree. We could (and very possibly will) lose every game from now till the Carlisle game and I still don't think we would drop.

Dickov (obviously under scrutiny in another thread) has to now motivate the squad in a way which doesn't make them crap themselves when they go out and play but at the same time instil in their mentality that they are still fighting and not to think that relegation is totally out of the question.

48 points probably does mean we're safe and was the amount of points 20th had last season. However the management and squad cannot afford to be complacent in this regard if there's even a small risk that it won't be enough.

We're 7 points clear of the relegation zone with 18 left to play for.

I reckon two wins would see us more than safe. Probably get away with one win.

6 points, Wycombe drew yesterday. Very similar goal differences. They go to chesterfield on Monday, we go to Hillsborough. Wycombe are also unbeaten in 7…..

If we lose at wycombe and wednesday that be is is 7 defeats in a row and we are in :censored: street im usually one of the most positive people and try see a solution rather than a problem but I think this time we are in real danger i dont buy into this other teams in between us tripe, our squad is good enough not to be in this mess

our lack of goal threat is a real worry. 1 nil yet again today and bar one break we never looked like scoring. we need some luck and soon!

its not luck we need its a good goal scorer we need,and as far as i can see the way we are playing we wont win another game this season and thats not me being a gloom and doom merchant its me being a realist,what i see on the pitch is a team stuggling to to score or defend,but with the finances we have theres not a lot of avenues to go down

So 9 in 11 it is. Regardless of the points difference Sat is a must win game. The confidence boost they will get, along with the effect it will have on us in unthinkable.

if wycombe beat us it leaves us 3 points clear, with 3 to play, and in probably the worst form i care to remember. if we do end up 3 points clear by 5 o clock on sat i must say i think we are in very grave danger, and reality will start biting.

WE CAN NOT LOSE ON SAT!!!

Edited by philliggi

So 9 in 11 it is. Regardless of the points difference Sat is a must win game. The confidence boost they will get, along with the effect it will have on us in unthinkable.

if wycombe beat us it leaves us 3 points clear, with 3 to play, and in probably the worst form i care to remember. if we do end up 3 points clear by 5 o clock on sat i must say i think we are in very grave danger, and reality will start biting.

We will escape the drop even when we lose the last 4 games 1-0 .

Wycombe will only get max 1 point from their last 3 games so even if they win Saturday

(Probably a 90 + 4 min goal on Saturday just in keeping with the rest of the season) they will only finish with 46 pts.

So chill and anything Latics get last 4 games is a BONUS :wink:

Relax. I know our position isn't great, but look at Wycombes fixtures. Us at home and we need the points to secure League 1 football. Charlton away, they want the title. Notts C. at home, they want the playoffs, and Sheff Wed. away, they want promotion.

I think we are safe.

Wycombe away - now has a bit more resting on it - which will add to the atmosphere and hopefully see a larger following form Oldham which is always good given the acoustics in the away end. B)

This is one of my local games so I will be there - I'm up for it - let's hope the team is too :unsure: