Trawling through clubs websites this week I noticed that Crawley had built a new stand holding 2,154 seats in just 1 week. It cost £1 million to build with the club and the football foundation funding it 50-50. Interesting that something like this can be created in just a week. But how long will it last

1 week

Trawling through clubs websites this week I noticed that Crawley had built a new stand holding 2,154 seats in just 1 week. It cost £1 million to build with the club and the football foundation funding it 50-50. Interesting that something like this can be created in just a week. But how long will it last

1 week

Looks like Blackpool's temporary one. Would definitely be worth looking at doing something similar where the lookers was if we ever get a plum home cup tie. Only problem is to put that up in January might take more than a week with the weather at that time of year.

Looks like Blackpool's temporary one. Would definitely be worth looking at doing something similar where the lookers was if we ever get a plum home cup tie. Only problem is to put that up in January might take more than a week with the weather at that time of year.

For £1 million??

Nah, if we're going to do it, we need to do it properly with facilities for us to make money through means outside of football.

Edited by JoeP

For £1 million??

Nah, if we're going to do it, we need to do it properly with facilities for us to make money through means outside of football.

The football foundation payed for half of it, £500k could be made up by filling it for a plum cup tie. I would guess however that we might not get £500k from the football foundation for it. I would hope the club might have looked into putting a stand up quickly if we ever got a plum home cup tie- but knowing the club they won't have.

The football foundation payed for half of it, £500k could be made up by filling it for a plum cup tie. I would guess however that we might not get £500k from the football foundation for it. I would hope the club might have looked into putting a stand up quickly if we ever got a plum home cup tie- but knowing the club they won't have.

A 3,000 capacity stand filled for a cup game will gross £60,000 so as a one-off it's not viable.

The Football Founation grant is 50% of the stand cost, capped at £750k. there is no reason why Latics wouldn't get the maximum allowed.

A stand such as Crawley's might replace the current main stand one day. The Broadway stand needs to be far more significant as a development to sustain the football club.

A 3,000 capacity stand filled for a cup game will gross £60,000 so as a one-off it's not viable.

The Football Founation grant is 50% of the stand cost, capped at £750k. there is no reason why Latics wouldn't get the maximum allowed.

A stand such as Crawley's might replace the current main stand one day. The Broadway stand needs to be far more significant as a development to sustain the football club.

Oops got my sums wrong- in my defense I did them last night without a calculator having had some booze.

Thats exactly what I was thinking as I read the article.

The current main stand really is in a poor poor state and seriously needs to come down sooner rather than later (and certainly before the CRE)

The main stand has a capacity of around 2600 (Upper 1700 and the paddock 900) so a stand of this size would have better facilities than the current stand - and you could stick the away fans in there with the small section of the rre for overflow on bigger games