He's getting paid a wage he's supposed to be part of the team and today was an important game.

I can see what you are saying, but what about Cisak and Black? Judging by their twitter feeds neither were at the game. Should they be any different? I'd leave that decision with the manager and whilst it is good for the non-playing players being at all the games it might be counter productive at times and exacerbate any injury. Plus, we stayed overnight, having the non playing players watch away games where we have stayed over night costs money (it's slightly different if the team haven't stayed over night) and we aren't exactly flush with cash.

He's getting paid a wage he's supposed to be part of the team and today was an important game.

He's been injured for months. He evidently doesn't go to every game as he's not told he has to. As such, he has the weekend to do what he likes. I haven't seen the Twitter thing, but is he not allowed to go to London because his mates are playing a game down the road?

I despair at times.

If he's travelling with the squad he should be there.

If not, he shouldn't.

I don't see the point in Latics paying to put crocks up in a hotel.

Assuming that they stayed over in the first place, which in all honesty considering they didn't stay over at either Saints or Yeovil in 2009/2010 season, I very much doubt they did

Assuming that they stayed over in the first place, which in all honesty considering they didn't stay over at either Saints or Yeovil in 2009/2010 season, I very much doubt they did

They arrived at the hotel at around 6pm last night, if Twitter is to be believed.

ffs! and this is one of the many problems wrong with this club

i have it on good authority that Roger Palmer didnt attend a game in 1987 due to a hamstring injury and he was probably hetting high somwhere (allegedly)

we won that game 4-0 so i dont give a :censored: because i didnt read it on twatter or facetube

the current players get critisised even if they are injured and dont play!

my boss worked today but i went into the office and stood in front of his desk and blasted out all my songs in support for the accounts he sorted! and my knees :censored:ed

hows that for committment?

If he was injured for a year, would it be OK for him to go shopping in London every weekend in season?

Think it's fair enough being peeved about this - he has a role to play, even if he is injured....

If he was injured for a year, would it be OK for him to go shopping in London every weekend in season?

But that hasn't happened. He's been today. He probably wasn't even invited to be with the squad.

It's ridiculous we're even having this discussion.

I'm paid to do a job that involves a computer. If my computer doesn't work on Monday, it isn't OK for me to go shopping instead - I'd be expected to do something which doesn't involve a computer....

Edited by JoeP

I'm paid to do a job that involves a computer. If my computer doesn't work on Monday, it isn't OK for me to go shopping instead - I'd be expected to do something which doesn't involve a computer....

Even if you were physically unable to do so, and they'd just be making you come into work just for the sake of coming into work? And having to pay for you to do so?

Bad analogy.

Edited by JonesyOAFC

Even if you were physically unable to do so, and they'd just be making you come into work just for the sake of coming into work? And having to pay for you to do so?

Bad analogy.

Not really. Using a computer = playing football.

Analogies aside, he's paid a wage to do a job. If he's not playing, he should be making some effort to support the team or at least show an interest. IMO, going shopping in London doesn't do this.