Dickov could not fault the team's effort...

I know it was a dead end of season rubber, but many of those players were playing for their futures and Simpson's attitude in particular has stunk recently. As for Dickov, that was as bad as Chesterfield in '05 (Facey and Johnson) and Donny in '06.

What is said in after match interviews will occasionally differ to what is said in the changing room.

Also, when it was stated that some kids would be thrown in, it probably wouldn't to be advised to then rock up to the papers and say, "Well, weren't they sh*t??!"

He's starting to sound a bit like Shez, same old excuses! Any fool could see that the majority of the team couldn't be arsed yesterday! If he's happy with the effort I'm a bit worried about him & starting to think he is really struggling to motivate the team!!

He obviously doesn't think that. He's not a mentalist. Everyone saw yesterday for what it was.

I would personally prefer he gives them a ticking off behind closed doors and avoids giving the Chron a headline.

Anyway, clean sheet and three unbeaten. What's the problem? :wink:

Accept what you say but it wont convince stay aways to give it a go. Think he would get more support for "Well the young lads tried hard and gives them a taste of reality of how much is expected from them in future. We will come back fitter, and hungry to give it 100% every week as today we misfired. The fans have backed us superbly away from home and want to thank them for that support."

How many 'stay aways' will have gone to Bury away for a game that meant absolutely nothing? Few, if any.

How many times have you heard Fergie criticise his team in public. I bet he gives them a grilling afterwards though.

Same with Wenger. Every time one of his players does something bad he tells the media 'I didn't see it'. But I bet they get a going over in the dressing room.

Don't buy into any post match interviews. Always just spin and mind games.

How many times have you heard Fergie criticise his team in public. I bet he gives them a grilling afterwards though.

Same with Wenger. Every time one of his players does something bad he tells the media 'I didn't see it'. But I bet they get a going over in the dressing room.

Don't buy into any post match interviews. Always just spin and mind games.

Talking of post match interviews, i wouldn't want to be the one to interview dalglish after one of liverpools games. He makes my blood boil, always got to be a clever obstinate :censored:. I don't think i could trust myself not to throttle the prat ! :ranting: