All the best to Lee, he has been a good servant.

As much as I back the current owner's I must criticise the lack of effort in getting players to sign a contract and therefore get a fee!

We have always been a selling club and that is understandable but far too many are getting away without a fee now and that sort of thing doesn't happen at Crewe Alexander!

A new contract should have been signed more than 12 months ago, and to do that may mean you have to increase the current one but even if they had offered a young fella an extra £100 per week it is worth it!!!

Pity we don't get anything because we have turned him from an average midfielder going nowhere into the best fullback in the football league.

Hey Ho and on we go !!!!!!!!!

I don't think we really did anything. I thought his ability and understanding of the game was pretty obvious even in his first season where we only saw him twice. Couldn't understand at all why none of our managers would give him a proper chance, he'd still stand out in centre midfield. His football brain is well beyond Furman or Wes as much as I like them.

What we got was his performances for us. Unless you want to go back to something like the retain and transfer system, not sure how else it could be. It's very annoying that the deadline means we lose out, but the club can't claim to have been caught out by the regulations.

I don't think we really did anything. I thought his ability and understanding of the game was pretty obvious even in his first season where we only saw him twice. Couldn't understand at all why none of our managers would give him a proper chance, he'd still stand out in centre midfield. His football brain is well beyond Furman or Wes as much as I like them.

absolutely agree,but we will never see it now unfortunately,he was forced into rb through injuries and thats where he had to stay so didn't really get chance in cm

It's a strange feeling. On a personal level, as a supporter, i'd be gutted to see him go. I think he's our most talented player, and has been by far and away our most consistent performer for 2 seasons now. But on the other hand, I wouldn't begrudge him leaving, as I think he deserves a shot at a higher level, and want to see him succeed there. If he does leave, i'd like it to be Watford ,as have been mentioned. I like what Sean Dyche is doing down there.

All the best to Lee, he has been a good servant.

As much as I back the current owner's I must criticise the lack of effort in getting players to sign a contract and therefore get a fee!

We have always been a selling club and that is understandable but far too many are getting away without a fee now and that sort of thing doesn't happen at Crewe Alexander!

A new contract should have been signed more than 12 months ago, and to do that may mean you have to increase the current one but even if they had offered a young fella an extra £100 per week it is worth it!!!

Maybe they did. It's not in the player's interests to sign a contract if he's planning on trying to make the step up the following year as clubs who may sign him on a free could be dissuaded by having to pay a fee.