No surprise. Got to focus on next season now - think Brown makes a tidy right back, based on today. His crosses were excellent.

Winchester Man of the Match. Was impressed my Hughes too.

Millar, I'm afraid might not make it. I also hope us playing Bunn isn't an indication we're going to sign him next season. Also have concerns about left back - is Diallo really a better option than Black?

Oumare - fantastic. Everything Kuqi is not. Young, has desire and the right attitude. Get him in.

Bouzanis/Cisak, Brown, Tarkowski, M'voto, AN Other Left Back, Hughes, Winchester/Wes, Furman, Morais; AN Other Striker, Tounkara - Not a bad basic line-up for next year?

Edited by JoeP

No surprise. Got to focus on next season now - think Brown makes a tidy right back, based on today. His crosses were excellent.

Winchester Man of the Match. Was impressed my Hughes too.

Millar, I'm afraid might not make it. I also hope us playing Bunn isn't an indication we're going to sign him next season. Also have concerns about left back - is Diallo really a better option than Black?

Oumare - fantastic. Everything Kuqi is not. Young, has desire and the right attitude. Get him in.

Bouzanis, Brown, Tarkowski, M'voto, AN Other Left Back, Hughes, Winchester/Wes, Furman, Morais; AN Other Striker, Tounkara - Not a basic line-up for next year?

Keep em both and we have an option to change things around when needed.

Sorry but Bunn should not be our 'currant' striker. He has to go.

Nothing wrong with signing Tonk and playing him and Shef alternately with someone small and fast alongside. In successive season Kuqi and Tonk have started very well and then faded, evidently through tiredness through too much and too little experience respectively. If PD can get the balance right and have some conviction in dropping one of them for the other when things aren't going well then, if affordable, go for it. I wouldn't break the bank for them though.

Nothing wrong with signing Tonk and playing him and Shef alternately with someone small and fast alongside. In successive season Kuqi and Tonk have started very well and then faded, evidently through tiredness through too much and too little experience respectively. If PD can get the balance right and have some conviction in dropping one of them for the other when things aren't going well then, if affordable, go for it. I wouldn't break the bank for them though.

Newcastle have shown in recent seasons that playing 2 big men up front in the right way can be a lethal strikeforce. If both are on our books next season, I'd be looking to play them together more frequently than alternate games, especially at home.

Indeed.

Have said before, I'd like to see Shefki played in the Kevin Phillips sort of role - bought on in the last 15 minutes to sneak that late winner.

If it came to the crunch, I'd take Oumare ahead of Shefki, though - especially if he insists on this rumoured "has to start every game" clause in his contract...

i'd be a bit dubious of that,we woukd have..

shef..was very good at first,terrible last few months but as others have said he may have burnt out and resting him every now and again may help, i would keep him providing he could stay upfront as he hasn't got the legs to play so deep

smith..seems like a nice lad and not heard a bad thing about him but he's not ready to lead the line

tonk...everyone loved him last season but again his form blamed on burnout,maybe it was,not sure how many he scored but i don't remember that many and have heard tales of him being lazy etc in training since he came back,if true could be a factor in why he hasn't figured much since coming back

Newcastle have shown in recent seasons that playing 2 big men up front in the right way can be a lethal strikeforce. If both are on our books next season, I'd be looking to play them together more frequently than alternate games, especially at home.

Whichever way, Shef ain't playing as many games as this season. Yes the service has been poor but he's looked knackered the last few months, a year older and I'm sure the creaking bones can't take another full season.

The fact that Lee is going seems to have been convininetly dropped from this discussion.

I'd say thats pretty disasterous news if i were to be honest.

I don't think many expect him to stay. He will have more footballing and financial success elsewhere, and good luck to him.

The fact that Lee is going seems to have been convininetly dropped from this discussion.

I don't know.

The goal didn't come from down his side yesterday. First time we've been able to say that in a while.

[dons helmet]

I thik its nota huge shock to everyone is the reason.

Its kinda b een writenin alreay

Good player but Right backs are ten-a-penny.

They are but with defensive ability? A very rare trait for this level. We concede most of our goals by teams aiming for our left-backs who haven't got positioning sense. That's one reason why losing Paul Black isn't a problem.

It's a shame about Lee. He's probably one of the best - if not the best - right-backs in this division. He's been moulded by the bets coaches in the country, he's intelligent, composed, as well as a work ethic and all-round technical ability. We've lost thousands by not acting sooner. Sadly, Corney's biggest weakness is handling contracts. He was bound to leave - that's not an issue for me - but the fact he's leaving on a free is a major disappointment.

Still - good luck to him. He has nothing to prove, unlike Simpson and Wesolowski who should return the loyalty and belief PD and the club has shown in the pair.

They are but with defensive ability? A very rare trait for this level. We concede most of our goals by teams aiming for our left-backs who haven't got positioning sense. That's one reason why losing Paul Black isn't a problem.

It's a shame about Lee. He's probably one of the best - if not the best - right-backs in this division. He's been moulded by the bets coaches in the country, he's intelligent, composed, as well as a work ethic and all-round technical ability. We've lost thousands by not acting sooner. Sadly, Corney's biggest weakness is handling contracts. He was bound to leave - that's not an issue for me - but the fact he's leaving on a free is a major disappointment.

Still - good luck to him. He has nothing to prove, unlike Simpson and Wesolowski who should return the loyalty and belief PD and the club has shown in the pair.

He's only 23. Rules is for 24 and under isn't it? Due some compensation if he is to leave.

Good point. I completely overlooked that.

He's only 23. Rules is for 24 and under isn't it? Due some compensation if he is to leave.

24 on 22nd June...won't he be under contract until June 30th - thus 24 if he moves on from that date ?