If he goes after his 24th birthday, which is 22nd June, no.

If the deal concludes before then, he's still under contract so Latics should get a fee. Won't be much though.

We paid a fee for Furman in similar circumstances.

No fee, he's under contract until end of June...think they sign a pre-contract agreement or something.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all the best kieran youll do well in there team

Goes with my blessing and best wishes for the future...deserves his chance ...been a loyal and consistant servant....another 11 like him will do me .

Best wishes from me too. IIRC he wasn't an instant hit with the fans but he kept at it and made a success of himself, hope he carries on, and maybe inspires a few who don't make it at the very top to carry on and become successful pros.

I don't rate Lee as highly as most but I wish him the best. It amazes me sometimes the opinions that form of players: Lee as our best player, the best right-back in League One, etc., whilst Neal Eardley before him was apparently :censored:.

I don't rate Lee as highly as most but I wish him the best. It amazes me sometimes the opinions that form of players: Lee as our best player, the best right-back in League One, etc., whilst Neal Eardley before him was apparently :censored:.

Eardley was better than Lee, and was rated highly by many, but had been here long enough to attract the special levels of derision reserved for those considered homegrown.

If its true all the best k.l different class for us on top of pay cuts and the fact dangerous dave tried to force him out of the club . Onwards

Think you will find that Shez tried to break his career, Penney played him and gave him a chance,

Think you will find that Shez tried to break his career, Penney played him and gave him a chance,

how did shez try and break his career and I think you will find it was penney who told him he had no future at us and to find a new club . Lee refused and injuries forced penney to involve him.

Ah yes, the opinion famously held by every single Oldham fan.

And Lee has been our most consistent player by a mile for the last 2 seasons at least now. If you don't rate him, I don't know what calibre of player you expect at Latics.

Good luck to KL if he is going up a division; he deserves his chance. If he has team mates who will drop back and cover when he goes raiding forwards, he'll be a good acquisition. How about Jon Otsemoboor coming our way now the Wendies have released him. I reckon he'd do OK for us.

Ah yes, the opinion famously held by every single Oldham fan.

And Lee has been our most consistent player by a mile for the last 2 seasons at least now. If you don't rate him, I don't know what calibre of player you expect at Latics.

Read it again.

Did I say that view was held by every single fan?

And did I say I don't rate Lee or that he's not the calibre of player I want to see at Latics?

how did shez try and break his career and I think you will find it was penney who told him he had no future at us and to find a new club . Lee refused and injuries forced penney to involve him.

Shez never put him in the squad, how do I know . easy, KL told me that he was looking to go out on loan and he had only been at the club for 2 months,

Plus, it was Penney who played him at right back in an emergency and volia, it worked.

Edited by Lukers1

Shez never put him in the squad, how do I know . easy, KL told me that he was looking to go out on loan and he had only been at the club for 2 months,

Plus, it was Penney who played him at right back in an emergency and volia, it worked.

Think Shez was pissed off with the fact, he was told by the Chairman that they'd signed Lee without consulting him!

I'll start this by saying good luck to the lad. I think he's been a very decent player for us for the last 2 1/2 seasons; and though I've never even spoken to him; he does strike me from what I've seen spoken about him as a very nice young man; who is more than entitled to move on and try his luck with a bigger club at a now higher level.

What I do think strange though is the mini love-in that has happened here. KL looks to be turning us down and moving on; and pretty much every man & his dog is wishing him well and some are sending him on his way with a 'best right back in league one' and the like compliments.

Chris Taylor also looks to be moving on this summer; turning us down and looking to move on to a higher level. His reception is far more hostile; less glowing and plenty are seeing him off with a 'feck off' rather than a good luck.

Why I ask? What's the difference and why the different attitude to 2 players who are both turning us down to move to a higher team??

Yes Kieran Lee has won the player of season ward for 2 years running. But, winning that for a Latics side that finished 17th & 16th in League 1; and contained some average & below average players in it; is a bit like being crowned the best signer in One Direction. Yep you're the best; but you're the best from a very; very average group.

On the other hand, CT has played 286 times for this club; scored some vital goals in amongst his 30 odd and has been at the club, a club he supports, for 10+ years.

One is bid a very warm farewell, the other not so much - and for me; it's just very; very strange.

I happen to think that Kieran Lee can make a decent fist of playing in the Championship - and I really do wish him well for it. He will though have to work very hard indeed at certain aspects of his game; aspects that a lot on here breeze over. In the Championship; he'll have to really work on the defensive side of his game; specifically his positioning, as otherwise, he'll be exposed even more than he was at times here. Dave Jones is a very good manager & coach, and I'm sure with plenty of hard work (which by all accounts KL is more than prepared to do) he can make a success for himself at a higher level.

That won't be good enough for some on here :)

I'll start this by saying good luck to the lad. I think he's been a very decent player for us for the last 2 1/2 seasons; and though I've never even spoken to him; he does strike me from what I've seen spoken about him as a very nice young man; who is more than entitled to move on and try his luck with a bigger club at a now higher level.

What I do think strange though is the mini love-in that has happened here. KL looks to be turning us down and moving on; and pretty much every man & his dog is wishing him well and some are sending him on his way with a 'best right back in league one' and the like compliments.

Chris Taylor also looks to be moving on this summer; turning us down and looking to move on to a higher level. His reception is far more hostile; less glowing and plenty are seeing him off with a 'feck off' rather than a good luck.

Why I ask? What's the difference and why the different attitude to 2 players who are both turning us down to move to a higher team??

Yes Kieran Lee has won the player of season ward for 2 years running. But, winning that for a Latics side that finished 17th & 16th in League 1; and contained some average & below average players in it; is a bit like being crowned the best signer in One Direction. Yep you're the best; but you're the best from a very; very average group.

On the other hand, CT has played 286 times for this club; scored some vital goals in amongst his 30 odd and has been at the club, a club he supports, for 10+ years.

One is bid a very warm farewell, the other not so much - and for me; it's just very; very strange.

I happen to think that Kieran Lee can make a decent fist of playing in the Championship - and I really do wish him well for it. He will though have to work very hard indeed at certain aspects of his game; aspects that a lot on here breeze over. In the Championship; he'll have to really work on the defensive side of his game; specifically his positioning, as otherwise, he'll be exposed even more than he was at times here. Dave Jones is a very good manager & coach, and I'm sure with plenty of hard work (which by all accounts KL is more than prepared to do) he can make a success for himself at a higher level.

perhaps this is the reason