Latics to Play Man City 31st July

http://www.mcfc.co.u...ures/first-team

City are playing in China/KL then, with their first team, including any players who were at Euro 2012- as they will have finished their 3 weeks off.

We are going to get their reserves, and possibly not even that as I'd expect some of their reserves will be in China/KL.

The rarely-wrong Chron says Balotelli, Silva, Clichy, Nasri, Hart, Lescott and Milner have been given leave from tour duties and are set to grace BP.

http://www.oldham-ch...t-boundary-park

I hope the club cash in here, we should charge at a minimum £12-15 per adult i think just think how much we could make we could sign a player and pay his wages, plus sales of shirts, programmes, game to be shown on city internet channel and the chance that if we play well enough Citeh fans might be tempted to come and watch us a day they are away thus lining our pockets

Also some players who were undecided wether to sign for us might consider it more now we are playing the scummy champions half ex :censored:ing arsenal anyway the bastards

I make it if euro players

Hart

Clichy

Nasri

Silva

Lescott

Milner

Have i missed anyone? Not as many as I thought when trying to list them

Milner was at the Euros???

I wonder if it would be an idea for the club to do a BOGOF offer for this game - get your ticket for City and get a free ticket for Huddersfield.

Can't imagine the home gate will be very many against Huddersfield so perhaps it would be a chance to get people in for the City game, get a load of them to come along the week after and get leaflets/flyers to everyone (especially u16s) who come in with the tenner ST offer on it. If we play well in just one of those games it may be enough to get people to pass over their note (and maybe bring dad along with them (yes...or mum)).

Sure it's a risk but I can't imagine the income from home fans on the Huddersfield gate is going to be particularly large.

I'm presuming Birmingham would have sent their first team? I think we should have stuck with that over a friendly against City reserves, would have been a better test for us.

Nowt to do with "a better test".

Bills need to be paid, thats why the City game is right for us!

Ticket details announced - no free admission with voucher.

*grabs popcorn*

They can shove it. I wont be going, or to the cup game vs wednesday. They can do one. I hope no-one goes and city announce they will play just the kids

Ticket details announced - no free admission with voucher.

*grabs popcorn*

I'll be on holidays anyway so I'm finding it hard to question the moral integrity of the club on this one but the obvious to take, in order to head this one off, is to announce that the match is actually competitive and present a trophy to the winners at the end of the match. Call it the Birmingham City Challenge Cup where the vanquished have to try and get out of playing the Brummies next year.