Closing Threads

Fans don't appear to know the difference between personal abuse and discussion.

Not half as bad as what the players have had and they are the ones that matter to the club.

The abuse dished out in the thread with the huntley comment wasn't enough to close a thread?

I believe the mod's enjoy a bit of power.

I felt it was the appropriate action. It's not like we do it all the time. Our approach to moderation has decreased to the point of letting most things fly; on this occasion, I felt the subject matter and subsequent 'discussion' was completely unnecessary and closed the thread.

Some people would prefer a free-for-all, whilst most wouldn't. There has to be some sort of structure, even if it is a bit inconsistent.

Not half as bad as what the players have had and they are the ones that matter to the club.

The abuse dished out in the thread with the huntley comment wasn't enough to close a thread?

I believe the mod's enjoy a bit of power.

No actually the support staff who do a lot for the club outside of their normal working hours also matter. Most of them have been at the club at lot longer than most of the players in the last few years.

And actually as the mods run the site, if they want to take their ball home they can, don't like it move on and keyboard warrior somewhere else

I felt it was the appropriate action. It's not like we do it all the time. Our approach to moderation has decreased to the point of letting most things fly; on this occasion, I felt the subject matter and subsequent 'discussion' was completely unnecessary and closed the thread.

Some people would prefer a free-for-all, whilst most wouldn't. There has to be some sort of structure, even if it is a bit inconsistent.

Fair point well made. We do appreciate what you guys do, even if i was looking forward to a 10 page anti-billy thread to read after work!

No actually the support staff who do a lot for the club outside of their normal working hours also matter. Most of them have been at the club at lot longer than most of the players in the last few years.

And actually as the mods run the site, if they want to take their ball home they can, don't like it move on and keyboard warrior somewhere else

Keyboard warrior? Have I abused or threatened anybody on this website? I suggest you get back under your rock.

If kids can't all get along & play nice, their toys are usually taken away from them until they learn to play properly.

I think in this case, Zorrro is/was absolutely correct in removing that thread. I had a quick look on here last night to see what score the Charity game finished and all I saw was people making posts that IMO crossed the line about a club employee who quite conceivably is a member on here and would have access to that thread. Poor form really I'd say.

Keyboard warrior? Have I abused or threatened anybody on this website? I suggest you get back under your rock.

Nice intelligent repost, from your initial comment it sounds like its ok to throw abuse around, and now by your response you confirm it.

As for your advice about getting back under my metaphorical rock, I'll choose to ignore it from you, if its all the same

Nice intelligent repost, from your initial comment it sounds like its ok to throw abuse around, and now by your response you confirm it.

As for your advice about getting back under my metaphorical rock, I'll choose to ignore it from you, if its all the same

I won't carry on this argument as it's clear from the tone of your posts that you are in fact, female.

Edited by oafc_lover