Simon Corney Interview

To be successful at any sport a little bit of luck is an absolute must, I think we are well overdue our little bit!

Also, as mentioned by other posters a few of the younger lads really could step up to the plate, when the inevitable injuries / suspensions occur. I think Mellor could really surprise this year, he looks a lot stronger!

SC has looked and sounded so much more upbeat and and positive in his last few interviews than for many a year. almost as if he knows something we don't!

Really good to hear him speak so highly of the club and people of our Town even using the L word!

mellor looked like he had piled on a shed load of weight to me unless he has bulked up in a good way.

Didnt he say he was expecting to announce some new board members August/September. I am sure I recall something in a previous interview a while ago, maybe we have some investment coming which may help the burden he has been shouldering.

But I agree he does sound a lot more positive, I also agree the first eleven appears to be the best we have for some time especially given that we have 2-3 to come in yet that should strengthen us further.

Could well be a good season lets hope we have ironed out those defensive errors, for me though the problem has always appeared to be lack of height/strength at the back.

Too many times we have had docking centre backs and lightweight full backs, which is why I think we conceded a lot from set pieces. Grounds and Byrne are both at least six footers which should help.

Steveoafc have you seen any Sheiks entering BP?

Not Bad - pulled us out of the fire - almost 10 years at a club - must be losing money - honest and upfront - will never win with the fans until he delivers the treble.

All Respect to Simon - couldn't hope for a better chairman (unless of course is that Arab Sheikh YourMoneyMaker).

Deserves the credit.

Sorry mate. Meant to green arrow you then and misclicked! Mods?

Public consultation on the new stand including designs in Sponsors Lounge on 8th August.

No Lee Hughes.

There you go, horse's mouth.

Whilst I applaud the entirety of this particular video, we've been to public consultations before and hope against hope this one bears fruit (indeed I was one of the letter posters the last time!) Whilst the no lee Hughes statement only says no Lee Hughes signing, not we didn't enquire!

• 4 weeks later...