Played in a behind closed doors friendly against Hull today and will sign. This news will be bolstered with the signing of the winger from Herne Bay and Tom Eaves will be returning on loan.

Ed.

Obvious question..source?

The bit about Eaves doesn't make much sense as others have pointed out (unless Smith is about to be loaned out) and the guy from Herne Bay...well, let's see.

Blacky's brother has just been having a convo on twitter something like

black : Good luck lad

Tse : Cheers pal cant wait to play football in hong kong for the next 10 months cheers for sorting stuff for me

(incase you didnt know paul blacks bro is an agent)

Jesus. Talk about setting your sights low. I lived in HK for 4 years and watched a lot of local footy. The best side over there at the time would have made Latics look like Barcelona.........

EDIT: As a place to live, awesome, but as a career move for a footballer, a very odd move. It's normally the lads at the end of their career who go there, not the yoof. I know he has a Chinese Dad, but still........

Edited by Snookmeister

The very unreliable Football Rumours website has been put on that these following deals will be concluded;

"winger Chris Sedgwick to join Oldham on a one year deal."

"Oldham join the race to sign Scott Vernon from Abderdeen. MK Dons, Colchester and Notts County also interested."

"oldham athleic are in talks with bayern munichs for tranmere player dale jennings abt a 6 month loan"

"Oldham Athletic are set to sign Manchester United striker Joshua King on a six month loan deal."

"Oldham Athletic are set to sign young Manchester City player Alex Henshall on loan till the end of the season."

"Oldham look set to sign former forward luigi glombard from Championnat National side Chamois Niortais."

I can see the Joshua King deal happening and possibly Sedgwick as there were two wingers who played parts in the trial match v Hull City yesterday, we shall see what happens?

The very unreliable Football Rumours website has been put on that these following deals will be concluded;

"Oldham join the race to sign Scott Vernon from Abderdeen. MK Dons, Colchester and Notts County also interested."

"oldham athleic are in talks with bayern munichs for tranmere player dale jennings abt a 6 month loan"

"Oldham Athletic are set to sign Manchester United striker Joshua King on a six month loan deal."

"Oldham Athletic are set to sign young Manchester City player Alex Henshall on loan till the end of the season."

"Oldham look set to sign former forward luigi glombard from Championnat National side Chamois Niortais."

I can see the Joshua King deal happening and possibly Sedgwick as there were two wingers who played parts in the trial match v Hull City yesterday, we shall see what happens?

Yeah - the yearly Scott Vernon link. Whoopy!

How ironic that Ridiculous Rumours website listed practically every striker of the 221st Century, except the one we signed!