Whats happened to D Mellor

Still think i prefer Mellor at LB than LM, not shown anything attacking wise - (nor has he really shown much defensivley)

We need a new LW before Saturday, sorry M'Changama, as much as i like you, you're not the man for the job - great player in the centre...

Agreed....the practice of square pegs in round holes has to stop!

Still think i prefer Mellor at LB than LM, not shown anything attacking wise - (nor has he really shown much defensivley)

We need a new LW before Saturday, sorry M'Changama, as much as i like you, you're not the man for the job - great player in the centre...

I've said it already, but I think we look decent with M'Changama on the left. Granted he isn't a left winger. But - he is a very competient midfield player who adds to our side, by being in the side. If he doesn't play on the left, he doesn't play at the moment. And, with him in the side, it adds a dimension to our play that we didn't have last season. He takes the set plays. He takes them very well IMO; with pace & whip and quality (I'll give him the one he over-hit last night). That means Robbie Simpson doesn't have to take them, meaning one of our best headers of the ball & most natural finisher at the club isn't 40 yards away takeing the set pieces; he's exactly where he should be - in the box. Changy not playing on the left means he's not playing, and we look a better team with him starting than we do without IMO at present.

Changy adds what Ritchie Jones & Lewi added when they were LM & RM at the start of PD's 1st season - solidity, workrate and shape.

We bring in a Left winger and we might loose that. I thought Grounds and Changy looked very solid last night - so much so that Antonio was switched wings.

I think M'Changama does a very similar job to Taylor in the way that he cuts in field - unfortunately seems to be the same result of 9 times out of 10 nothing comes of it

Last night was the first time I've properly seen M'changama and, on that performance, he's a long way short of very similar to Chris Taylor.

Last night was the first time I've properly seen M'changama and, on that performance, he's a long way short of very similar to Chris Taylor.

I think he looked more promising in pre-season than last night.

I still think we need an out and out left winger though, someone similar to Croft who likes to hug the line and get crosses in.

I think he looked more promising in pre-season than last night.

I still think we need an out and out left winger though, someone similar to Croft who likes to hug the line and get crosses in.

The same Croft who is apparently too fat and too slow according to some????

Going back to the original topic - what has happened to D Mellor and C Winchester for that matter? Thought they were supposed to be the bees knees and just needed full time training to get the best out of them!

Lack of raw talent?

Not promising anything in training?

They are simply not good enough to make it into our first 11 IMO, wern't they both on the bench last night though?

Sly, there is no getting away from the fact that Croft is at least a stone overweight : saw him at the gym this morning and he has an embarrassing frame for a pro!

However, there is also no getting away from the fact that he is the best player on our books, and by some distance!

I'm more than willing to take a fat lad who whips crosses in like he did last night!

Sly, there is no getting away from the fact that Croft is at least a stone overweight : saw him at the gym this morning and he has an embarrassing frame for a pro!

However, there is also no getting away from the fact that he is the best player on our books, and by some distance!

I'm more than willing to take a fat lad who whips crosses in like he did last night!

I'm agreeing with you pal - I think he's carrying timber *. But that's different to some saying he's too fat & too slow.

Until he tired - which was always going to happen in the 1st competitive game of the season and after the shift he'd put in - he really wasn't looking too shabby in the speed department to me. He really wasn't. If he sheds a few more pounds, he'll be even quicker I'd have thought.

He has quick feet and a quick footballing brain, and fitness doesn't effect those too much - he was still head & shoulders our best player last night at what, let's be honest 70-80% fitness. Imagine how he'll be if / when we get him fully fit?

.* That said - he's 27 now, not the 18 year old we had on loan. He was always going to be bigger than we remembered him as he would have filled out. It's just he's maybe filled out a bit too much......I'm sure he'll trim down soon enough

I've said it already, but I think we look decent with M'Changama on the left. Granted he isn't a left winger. But - he is a very competient midfield player who adds to our side, by being in the side. If he doesn't play on the left, he doesn't play at the moment. And, with him in the side, it adds a dimension to our play that we didn't have last season. He takes the set plays. He takes them very well IMO; with pace & whip and quality (I'll give him the one he over-hit last night). That means Robbie Simpson doesn't have to take them, meaning one of our best headers of the ball & most natural finisher at the club isn't 40 yards away takeing the set pieces; he's exactly where he should be - in the box. Changy not playing on the left means he's not playing, and we look a better team with him starting than we do without IMO at present.

Changy adds what Ritchie Jones & Lewi added when they were LM & RM at the start of PD's 1st season - solidity, workrate and shape.

We bring in a Left winger and we might loose that. I thought Grounds and Changy looked very solid last night - so much so that Antonio was switched wings.

Why is PD obsessed with the same player taking set plays throughout a game...whats wrong with varying it and making the opposition think ?

Makes me think the manager is too rigid in his outlook.