Letter Re: New Stand and Nimby reaction

Just out of curiosity, is there any current league club that have completely gutted and renovated a stand, instead of demolishing and building new? i dont just mean a lick of paint, or a new roof, i mean completely gutting? cant think of any offhand

Just out of curiosity, is there any current league club that have completely gutted and renovated a stand, instead of demolishing and building new? i dont just mean a lick of paint, or a new roof, i mean completely gutting? cant think of any offhand

Not exactly what you're suggesting, but Fulham are stripping down their existing Riverside Stand and building on it to create a shiny new stand. Good architecture is that.

http://www.fulhamfcstadium.com/design-concept/architecture/

Aston Villa did with their main stand as that is a listed buidling so could not be demolished.

To answer an earlier point in this thread, neither the main standnor or it's facade at BP are listed nor subject to preservation orders nor is it in a conservation area and their is/was outline planning permission in place to demolish and re-build with a new 3,000 seat stand as part of the last planning consent. That hopefully should put to bed the latest myth.

Latics with the redeveloped Rochdale Road end stand and the Chaddy end renovated to seating ?

On a serious note, i work with 1 of the nimby's from the street backing onto our carpark (carlton way?) and she says the residents are happy with the plans in principal but want some issues clearing 1st such as will it be open 24 hours and so on. I have also been told the main stand is a listed building which is why the changing rooms and shop etc aren't moving to the broadway stand

Why on earth would it be open for 24 hrs?? Unless that's for getting off the car park after a big game....

Aston Villa did with their main stand as that is a listed buidling so could not be demolished.

To answer an earlier point in this thread, neither the main standnor or it's facade at BP are listed nor subject to preservation orders nor is it in a conservation area and their is/was outline planning permission in place to demolish and re-build with a new 3,000 seat stand as part of the last planning consent. That hopefully should put to bed the latest myth.

Nothing about the sign

so there is a bit of doubt then.... :grin: .

Jsut kidding thanks for clearing it up.

To be fair, I think it was a worry rather than a cast iron rumour,.