Our number 6

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Simpson may be "taking one for the team" on Twitter.

We had four men near post with nobody near them and Tarky wandering around in the middle of the penalty area with two men near him.

Now I've now idea if we're meant to be zonal or man to man at the back. And neither have the players. It's :censored:e.

As for the second, if Tarky hadn't got involved in something in their box he may have been able to get back and plug the gap M'Changama had to cover. Not sure though. It was a bloody fast break.

Edited by opinions4u

Still doesnt deserve the dogs abuse on twitter some of the tweets are ridiculous to a 19 year old, offensive and will do nothing to help him be a better player despite his responses. The team as a whole are not defending set pieces as they should and for me thats down to Taggart as its been going on for months. I accept the players have to remember and deliver but we appear fragile every time.

Highlighted the key bit. Five of our players got it dreadfully wrong for their first goal.

Still doesnt deserve the dogs abuse on twitter some of the tweets are ridiculous to a 19 year old, offensive and will do nothing to help him be a better player despite his responses. The team as a whole are not defending set pieces as they should and for me thats down to Taggart as its been going on for months. I accept the players have to remember and deliver but we appear fragile every time.

Highlighted the key bit

Some utter bollocks here. Tarky was man-marking and stuck with his man. Simpson was marking the next lad and inexplicably drifted two yards forward, allowing his man space for a free header. His fault. He admitted it. Tarky bollocked him afterwards. I fail to see how he was to blame for seconded goal either. It was M'Changama that was skinned.

People really are stretching the boundaries of fact to slag off a 19-year-old who is supposed to be one of our own. Sad times

Some utter bollocks here. Tarky was man-marking and stuck with his man. Simpson was marking the next lad and inexplicably drifted two yards forward, allowing his man space for a free header. His fault. He admitted it. Tarky bollocked him afterwards. I fail to see how he was to blame for seconded goal either. It was M'Changama that was skinned.

People really are stretching the boundaries of fact to slag off a 19-year-old who is supposed to be one of our own. Sad times

Hang on......Tarky goes up for a dead ball situation, decides to have a stupid dumbass argument with a Dons player whilst the ball is still in play and they are charging down the field to score. Tarky should have bust a gut, as a DEFENDER, to get back to DEFEND. To say it's M'Changama's fault when Tarky showed his indiscipline is out of order and totally wrong.

And I don't get this "slagging off one of our own"........is M'Changama whilst he wears a Latics shirt not one of our own?

Or does it only matter when it's someone who has come through the ranks? I've read enough on this subject to understand that a few people on here "cherry-pick" who can and cannot be criticised. A classic example was Eardley who could do no wrong and Lomax who could do no right.

Edited by mikejh45

Hang on......Tarky goes up for a dead ball situation, decides to have a stupid dumbass argument with a Dons player whilst the ball is still in play and they are charging down the field to score. Tarky should have bust a gut, as a DEFENDER, to get back to DEFEND. To say it's M'Changama's fault when Tarky showed his indiscipline is out of order and totally wrong.

And I don't get this "slagging off one of our own"........is M'Changama whilst he wears a Latics shirt not one of our own?

Or does it only matter when it's someone who has come through the ranks? I've read enough on this subject to understand that a few people on here "cherry-pick" who can and cannot be criticised. A classic example was Eardley who could do no wrong and Lomax who could do no right.

He was pushed out of the club because of the abuse he got from our support!!!

As for their 2nd goal, I said to my mate when MK got the ball "look at Tarky arguing with their player, get back and :censored:ing defend!!!!!!" and they go and score. Needless to say I was fuming.

It is not just our own fans who say Tarky is not good enough its others as well. Plenty of fans against sheff wed were saying how he is a footballer because he can't defend. He always wants to play a long ball and he does stupid stuff. The guy needs to be dropped and Byrne to go into centre back and brown to go into right back giving Croft a runner. Another point is that players who come from the youth should not have a higher status of "our own" while everyone is wearing an Oldham badge they all are our own players.

Was slagging off M'Changama, just pointing out the fact he got done for skill by Powell for the second goal - maybe should have tried to bring him down on the edge of the box and taken the booking?

Surely Tarky would have had to have emulated Usain Bolt to get back and DEFEND. Wasn't M'Voto was in the box too - he didn't get in an argument and he didn't get back in time.

just seen the goals and the first is clearly Simpsons man, he drifts forward watching the ball and Tarkowski is left with 2 to mark, he is pushed by the man he is supposed to ne marking and then Simpson man gets up in front of both of them, Tarkowski clearly goes off on Simpson for not doing his job.

Its no suprise to me now that he is getting hammered for goals we concede, that typical latics fans reactions every season,someone has to be at fault

he is by no means the finished article but to lay blame at his door for goals in games that are not his fault and ignore other players faults is bull :censored:! and is :censored:in typical of a lot latics fans

Edited by palmer1

It is not just our own fans who say Tarky is not good enough its others as well. Plenty of fans against sheff wed were saying how he is a footballer because he can't defend. He always wants to play a long ball and he does stupid stuff. The guy needs to be dropped and Byrne to go into centre back and brown to go into right back giving Croft a runner. Another point is that players who come from the youth should not have a higher status of "our own" while everyone is wearing an Oldham badge they all are our own players.

I have to agree now the red mist has gone, he is not ready as a league 1 defender .

just seen the goals and the first is clearly Simpsons man, he drifts forward watching the ball and Tarkowski is left with 2 to mark, he is pushed by the man he is supposed to ne marking and then Simpson man gets up in front of both of them, Tarkowski clearly goes off on Simpson for not doing his job.

Its no suprise to me now that he is getting hammered for goals we concede, that typical latics fans reactions every season,someone has to be at fault

he is by no means the finished article but to lay blame at his door for goals in games that are not his fault and ignore other players faults is bull :censored:! and is :censored:in typical of a lot latics fans

And your opinion of Tarky after the second goal is.......................???

And your opinion of Tarky after the second goal is.......................???

i didnt comment on it, because i didnt see him on my tv pictures , so i cant say he is at fault or not - I will have to take others word for that one

but tbf they broke from their own area and if the other 10 cant stop them breaking the length of the pitch then it must be his fault right?

i didnt comment on it, because i didnt see him on my tv pictures , so i cant say he is at fault or not - I will have to take others word for that one

but tbf they broke from their own area and if the other 10 cant stop them breaking the length of the pitch then it must be his fault right?

I was right behind the goal........he stopped to argue in open play.........he is a defender and he did not defend.......he started to trot back once the Dons had crossed over the half way line. HE WAS MISSING FROM HIS POST!!! Irrespective of the other players.......Tarky did not do his job. If he had chased back like Mvoto and put an extra body in defence instead of being a dickhead, the second goal may have been prevented.

He cannot be defended for his stupidity over the second goal and fully deserves the arse-kicking.

Or does it only matter when it's someone who has come through the ranks? I've read enough on this subject to understand that a few people on here "cherry-pick" who can and cannot be criticised.A classic example was Eardley who could do no wrong and Lomax who could do no right.

I was fully in agrement until I you made this point. Eardley used to always get the blame for other peoples mistakes, a classic example being Hereford all their goals came from down our LEFT hand side and yet Eardley playing on the RIGHT. Anyways it's clearly evident that Eardley is a better player by the fact that he's playinng in the Championship and Lomax is playing in the Conference. But ultimately we're all entitled to an opinion, I just don't agree with yours about Eardley but I do about people cherry picking who they blame

I was right behind the goal........he stopped to argue in open play.........he is a defender and he did not defend.......he started to trot back once the Dons had crossed over the half way line. HE WAS MISSING FROM HIS POST!!! Irrespective of the other players.......Tarky did not do his job. If he had chased back like Mvoto and put an extra body in defence instead of being a dickhead, the second goal may have been prevented.

He cannot be defended for his stupidity over the second goal and fully deserves the arse-kicking.

fine, as i say i didnt see him do that, but 10 players should/could have stopped it like the midfielder who ball watched and chased out wide leaving the middle of the pitch open

why are people blaming him for the first when it clearly wasn't his fault????

fine, as i say i didnt see him do that, but 10 players should/could have stopped it like the midfielder who ball watched and chased out wide leaving the middle of the pitch open

why are people blaming him for the first when it clearly wasn't his fault????

What does "fine" mean?

Read my posts and my arguments are about the second goal only.......I've not mentioned the first. Where I have criticised is that I firmly believe he is not ready physically, mentally or tactically for the first team. Move Byrne in and bring Brown in at RB.