Well into pre-season, some interesting battles across the leagues for starting positions. I'm Game Pass-ed up this year so my Sunday evenings are sorted for a few months.

Stafford and Megatron picked up where they left off last season against the Ravens, can't really read much into pre-season games but watching CJ act as though he isn't being double covered is still fun.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Packers, Pats, Niners all look strong.

Out of the NFC South; I'd pick Carolina ahead of everybody else - with their strong draft and Tolbert being snapped up, who's a decent RB if he stays fit.

Saints will struggle.

EDIT:

I'm Game Pass-ed up this year so my Sunday evenings are sorted for a few months.

I'm a Redzone kinda guy on Sundays; the wife goes nuts and watches X Factor upstairs.

Redskins are going to be big this year. RGIII looking good, drafted some good picks for their OL and Pierre Garcon has linked well with RGIII.

There could be a few wild cards for in the NFC East. Superbowl champs. Big spending Eagles (my team), Cowboys are always in contention and Redskins looking good.

Division to watch this year.

Redskins are going to be big this year. RGIII looking good, drafted some good picks for their OL and Pierre Garcon has linked well with RGIII.

There could be a few wild cards for in the NFC East. Superbowl champs. Big spending Eagles (my team), Cowboys are always in contention and Redskins looking good.

Division to watch this year.

Rookie QB, I'd be shocked if they make they playoffs.

I listened to the Inside the Huddle podcast today, and the guy they had on there was saying that Griffin hasn't really been looking all that good. I've not seen him though so I can't say for myself. He might improve them, but I think it might be a bit too much to ask for him to take them from a 5 win team to the playoffs in his first year.

The Eagles - you just never know. But I don't like Vick. Apart from the fact that he is a nasty piece of work, I just think he is massively over rated. He can run, but if you get pressure on him he struggles badly. Their receivers are top notch though and they have pace to burn which always makes them dangerous.

The Cowboys will tell the whole world how good they are, pummel some below average sides, do average against the rest, before bottling it in December as usual.

I'd expect the defending Superbowl champions, with the best QB in that division by some distance to be challenging for the division again, and I'd be disappointed if we didn't win it. Good options with the receivers. Be interesting to see how we do at TE, and what the running game is like. Jacobs could be a beast on his day, but they were too few and far between. Injuries in the secondary might cause a few problems though.

Rookie QB, I'd be shocked if they make they playoffs.

I listened to the Inside the Huddle podcast today, and the guy they had on there was saying that Griffin hasn't really been looking all that good. I've not seen him though so I can't say for myself. He might improve them, but I think it might be a bit too much to ask for him to take them from a 5 win team to the playoffs in his first year.

The Eagles - you just never know. But I don't like Vick. Apart from the fact that he is a nasty piece of work, I just think he is massively over rated. He can run, but if you get pressure on him he struggles badly. Their receivers are top notch though and they have pace to burn which always makes them dangerous.

The Cowboys will tell the whole world how good they are, pummel some below average sides, do average against the rest, before bottling it in December as usual.

I'd expect the defending Superbowl champions, with the best QB in that division by some distance to be challenging for the division again, and I'd be disappointed if we didn't win it. Good options with the receivers. Be interesting to see how we do at TE, and what the running game is like. Jacobs could be a beast on his day, but they were too few and far between. Injuries in the secondary might cause a few problems though.

I was in America a few weeks ago and got the opportunity to watch the Redskins on US tele and RGIII and Pierre Garcon combined for around 70 yards. Even though he is a rookie he's got both rushing and passing and a developing team around him. I can see them scraping through or very close.

Eagles. Its more hope than anything for me to be honest. Last year was disappointing until the last 5 games or so but if Vick can stay fit and play all 16 games (which is unlikely) then there are players around him that can create opportunities. Maclin, Jackson, McCoy etc. so if all is harmonious in the camp...which I think will be more likely after Andy Reid son died this year then we can challenge seriously.

Of course, Giants are favourites and rightly so with Eli at the helm and Cruz and that brilliant defence with Tuck, Umenyiora, Pierre-Paul and others.

As for Cowboys, Romo has flattered to decieve for a while now and they are the least likely to get through but a few terrible errors last season stopped them from getting in the play offs...icing the kicker v the Giants and I seem to remember a crucial fumble that Romo made to lose them a match. If DeMarco Murray stays healthy he has the potential to be one of the best in the league and like every year, DeMarcus Ware sacks ridiculous amounts. Cowboys are closer to being a play-off team than most people think.

Edited by NewBlue

If they can keep Miles Austin fit and Dez Bryant from going mental, Romo could put up some big, big numbers this year.

I'm in the RG3 = good camp too.

If Griffin can take them from 5-11 to 8-8 then they will have done well.

I see no reason why the Cowboys won't bottle it in December, again.

Mmm, as far as draft players Chandler Jones at New England could be onto a winner.

Skins will be :censored:e this year. Eagles will step up now their defensive line has been solidified, and them and the Giants to compete for that division. Denver with Manning if fit, will do well.

But realistically, if we take the Cardinals out and have a runners up competition, I'd say New England and Green Bay look jolly spiffing. Especially when the continuation of this game becoming almost a non-contact sport kicks in.

Green Bay to piss it for me.

I always quesion New England's running game but Brady compensates with his accuracy.

Andy Dalton and Green are probably the wide reciever - QB partnership to watch this season. Both had solid rookie seasons and will look to progress further this year.

My second year player to watch though is Julio Jones. Athletically, he's a freak, and with a better QB than Matt Ryan at the Falcons he would be racking up ridiculous numbers. If Ryan can give him throws to catch then he will be extremely successful, no doubts about that.

Football's back!

Working from home today, just watching last night's game on Game Pass. I love the pomp, the stadia, the pride in the game, the big fat bastard D-linemen celebrating sacks, everything. I also love the last minute decision to make Romo our (mine and Ackey's) fantasy QB1 this week. :grin:

Football's back!

Working from home today, just watching last night's game on Game Pass. I love the pomp, the stadia, the pride in the game, the big fat bastard D-linemen celebrating sacks, everything. I also love the last minute decision to make Romo our (mine and Ackey's) fantasy QB1 this week. :grin:

Tip Top Coaching!

Excited to watch Andrew Luck for the first time on Sunday. Sky Sports showing Colts v Bears. Everybody will be watching him closely and if he reaches half of what is expected of him he'll be a top player.

Also, shocked that Cowboys beat Giants. Game of many dropped passes but as I said in a previous post, the Cowboys are unpredictable and with Ware (2 sacks) and Romo, who is undoubtabley a good quaterback they can achieve. DeMarco Murray back looking good. They look like a very good side.

I was surprised with how many dropped catches there were in that match though. Cruz dropped about 3 simple throws, Witten dropped a couple too. Hope thats not a trend throughout the season.

Not the best start to a season, in terms of quality of the match, but as always, the atmosphere was electric, the hits were big and the shocks were plentyful.

Excited for this season, will be one of the most tense ones yet, so many contenders!

I've seen their strength of schedule, I'd have the Niners better that 9-7, Jets waaaaay down on this predicted 9-7, and I'd take the 10-6 for the Saints right now. Anyways, that's what these things are all about I s'pose...

Regular season final record prediction: http://bit.ly/PaSYnK

Panthers to win 10 matches seems a bit ambitious; Newton is good but he's not good enough to carry that team to that record.

Just so you know for this season. Cam Newton is a million miles better than Luck. I quite like Luck, and he is more of an NFL player than a college player stylewise (unlike Newton). Buutttt.... he is a poor man's Kurt Warner. Newton is awesome and surely to god the rest of that team will have improved.

The QB I'd love to see take part due to freak circumstances and then keep his place is Kellen Moore (at Detroit). As a short-arse (at six feet tall) his whole record as one of the best college QBs ever was just ignored. He just won't get a chance ahead of Stafford at the moment.