IF Dickov does go...

@EarlDBarrett: Ex Man City, Oldham, Aston Villa, Everton, Sheffield Wednesday & England player currently coaching at Stoke City FC Academy preparing for Management!

possibility?

He's only 45!

Wow, i honestly thought he was older than that - this just shows how much you missed when you wern't born until '94

Anyway, it'd be a risk and one that i wouldn't want us to take at this stage - we need experience.

Let me just clear up that I neither think Dickov will go or want Dickov will go, it was a suggestion of who to follow and Barrett came up.

He's only 45!

Wow, i honestly thought he was older than that - this just shows how much you missed when you wern't born until '94

Anyway, it'd be a risk and one that i wouldn't want us to take at this stage - we need experience.

He's got more managerial experience than Dickov had when he came to BP but who would be your choice IF dickov was to go?

He's not the type of manager I would throw in to manage a struggling team that isn't his!

IF we are to sack Dickov, it has to be a good man manager who can motivate players and get the best out of them, we would need somebody with experience who can handle the pressure of taking over a team!

Edited by dec666

Dowie all the way for me IF Dickov were to go. He'd lower his demands and will definitely have unfinished business with the club he started his managerial career with. Depends if him and SC have kissed and made up though but time heals as they say.

Only concern is that he would need funds to strengthen and is more influential with Harbin alongside him to do training and motivation. He would get these players playing though and none of this rubbish that players are doing what the manager wants from them.

Frustrates me though that it's evident that we're weak and even more so with Wes injured yet we don't seem to be doing anything to resolve situation. Get some prem kids on loan & for free by using connections at City, Utd, Blackburn, Leicester, Arsenal - basically clubs that Dickov and SC have dealt with in the past who have bloated squads who won't kick a ball in anger.

If there's no flurry of activity by 11pm tomorrow night then I fear the worst. Well struggle on pitch and the fans will vote off the pitch with dwindling attendances. No paying visitors and even the £10 ST holders won't turn up and spend money at the club because the ST price is throwaway regarding incentive to carry on regardless.

Dowie did well - but he had funds.

He did well without them too whilst he was applying for every job under the sun.

I do feel that once talk starts of this nature then the manager's cards are marked. It's hard to counter the groundswell of opinion once the tide starts to turn. It happened to Sheridan and unfortunately, although in different circumstances, I think the same will happen to Dickov. Which is a nonsense, because we're three games into the season and we've been missing our best player in all of them.

I really don't get this idea of bringing former managers back.........Dowie spent a lot of money in this division and failed in the playoffs, jumped ship when he lost all his top players and had to get a team together with no resources which makes me doubt whether he could do it with the team we have, also he wouldn't have John Harbin as he has returned to Australia and is now a motel manager; as for Ritchie, his return would be as short-lived as BFJ.....he was even voted Huddersfield's worst ever manager.

One question......if these two choices are the answer, why is Dowie working as a Sky pundit and Ritchie doing similar stuff at MUTV......speaks volumes if either can't get a job as a manager anywhere else.

No thankyou to both.