Deadline Day Thread

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Portsmouth sign Johnny Ertl and Darell Russell.

And 6' 4" centre back Josh Thompson.

And apparently they can play against Latics as I understand it's a 5pm deadline for loans, noon otherwise.

Edited by BP1960

Bet shefflatic can't wait!

i know it is only banter and that's how i took it, but can i just state for the record that i do not have a problem with Taylor at all - i just do not (and did not) get the hype surrounding him beyond the season where he showed true ability and potential ala Shez's playoff season - since then he had been average to very poor; yet because he was and still is viewed as 'an Oldham lad and an Oldham fan' it meant that for many on here he was beyond reproach and the mere utterance of a bad word said against him was shot down and vilified.

I always say it as i see it in simple terms in respect of how i view players doing their jobs and Chris failed to produce and fulfill his role, certainly in the last 12 months he was poor and deserved to be dropped as others will agree.

Granted he would not make the team we have now any worse, but i highly doubt from what we had seen in the preceeding 12 months he would improve us - Montano looks promising in the flashes he has shown and he has a left foot which likes to cross a ball from time to time, you know, to assist our strikers like.

The fact he never made that BIG move when he was in his pomp tells you something does it not? £750k we wanted and Leeds et al never paid it - huffs and puffs but when brutally honest never provides end product be it a cross or a shot - crossing is a wingers JOB in case you weren't aware.

David Eyres tricked and danced all day long against fullbacks, but you knew what he was doing it for - to get half a yard to allow him to whip a ball in - a striker's dream knowing what their winger will look to do when getting the ball - no wonder we don't score more than 1 a game.

12 months at a :censored:hole like Milwall and sat on the bench (3 wingers for KJ to pick in the first game and 'Chris just didn't make the squad' suggests he already thinks along similar lines.

He will be back up north in 6 or 12 months and sadly because he is from Oldham our fans and club will probably be sad enough to bow done to his request and welcome him back for another stint of coasting having gotten to big for his boots BECAUSE he knew he was in a comfort zone being a Latics 'own' thereby undroppable - he NEVER was, even when form merited it (as is and should be the case for all players).

Hope he proves me wrong but being honest have we TRULY missed him? on what he produced these last 18 months certainly not.

Edited by shefflatic