Simpson

Dickov yet again is determined to play a guy through an awful run of form come what may. Same as he did with Kuqi and Tonk, thus ruining their seasons and ours. Yet again he has options to leave said player out but his own stubborness allows the player to crash and burn. No goal in 11 games for Simpson and like his two predecessors you have to feel a bit sorry for him. He needs a month on the bench, and in the stiffs. Let him re-focus and work his arse off to get back into the team. Dropping him for what was in effect 70 minutes, was never going to work, like it didn't resting Kuqi for an hour last season.

Edited by oafcprozac

Dickov yet again is determined to play a guy through an awful run of form come what may. Same as he did with Kuqi and Tonk, thus ruining their seasons and ours. Yet again he has options to leave said player out but his own stubborness allows the player to crash and burn. No goal in 11 games for Simpson and like his two predecessors you have to feel a bit sorry for him. He needs a month on the bench, and in the stiffs. Let him re-focus and work his arse off to get back into the team. Dropping him for what was in effect 70 minutes, was never going to work, like it didn't resting Kuqi for an hour last season.

I'm not sure I'm all that bothered about Simpson going a few games without scoring, that isn't the main reason why he is in the team. The fact he is yet to provide an assist in a competitive game this season when combined with his prolonged poor scoring record is much more telling. With a couple of adequate options to replace him on the bench I'm certainly not going to question Dickov if he drops him for Saturday.

Looked like he was about to burst into tears towards the end yesterday.

Wtf is up with him?

Could it have been hay fever? He took a pay-cut to play for us as he had enjoyed his time here in the previous 9 months. Due to his poor form, the team's poor form and a replacement waiting on the bench he isn't enjoying his time here that much at the moment. He enjoyed his time at Brentford for the most part too I think and it wouldnt have surprised me if they were a team who were sniffing around him during the summer and he might be regretting not taking their (or others) deal. He also is probably getting a bit of abuse on twitter. Combine the lot and he is going to be a bit teary-eyed.

Maybe he pulled his socks up in training and has had a blinder all week. What other message is the manager supposed to send out? I'm dropping you and no matter how hard you work I'm not playing you until a token amount of time has passed for me to appease the people who only see you once or twice a week?

Maybe he pulled his socks up in training and has had a blinder all week. What other message is the manager supposed to send out? I'm dropping you and no matter how hard you work I'm not playing you until a token amount of time has passed for me to appease the people who only see you once or twice a week?

The point about overplaying Kuqi and Tonk is valid though.

And Simpson does appear to be seen as a lynchpin by Dickov.

You mean like Matt Smith? Give his all in training (Manager's words, not mine) , looks effective when given a rare chance but binned again right away?

Simpson deserved to be dropped, I want to see him busting a gut over a period of time to get back into the team, not a 70 minute sabbatical...

You mean like Matt Smith? Give his all in training (Manager's words, not mine) , looks effective when given a rare chance but binned again right away?

Simpson deserved to be dropped, I want to see him busting a gut over a period of time to get back into the team, not a 70 minute sabbatical...

Especially when the game plan was to punt 50 yard balls up to him all game, if hes not going to use Smith in this type of Game plan hes never going to get the chance

maybe they are not the tactics/plan though.........but dumb league 1 footballers who are on a bad run feel under pressure and lack confidence are just playing it long and just hoofing it up front 50 yards because that is the easiest option and it gives them less of a chance of :censored:ing up a 5 yard ball to feet

maybe they are not the tactics/plan though.........but dumb league 1 footballers who are on a bad run feel under pressure and lack confidence are just playing it long and just hoofing it up front 50 yards because that is the easiest option and it gives them less of a chance of :censored:ing up a 5 yard ball to feet

Bluddy hell...........that must be the first box to be ticked when picking out a player to sign because we must have a busload!!!