Bramhall Lane Car Parking

Me and the boy are looking to perform a late mad-dash to Sheffield United a week on Saturday, setting off from around 1pm (after his under 7s match has finished) which is too late to grab seats on the supporters coaches. Can anyone recall what the parking there is like? Do they have a car park adjoined to the ground itself that away supporters can use?

No parking for away fans around the ground, there's two large car parks on Eyre Street/Arundel Gate (it's the same street but the names change either side of the roundabout) about 5-10 minutes walk from the ground

For any Latics fans looking for a pre-match boozer, the same as last season you can't drink in any pubs around the ground. The nearest ones are the Graduate, Howard and Globe near the University. I'd personally recommend the Graduate

Edited by Tommy_Fent

No parking for away fans around the ground, there's two large car parks on Eyre Street/Arundel Gate (it's the same street but the names change either side of the roundabout) about 5-10 minutes walk from the ground

For any Latics fans looking for a pre-match boozer, the same as last season you can't drink in any pubs around the ground. The nearest ones are the Graduate, Howard and Globe near the University. I'd personally recommend the Graduate

myself and around 6 tics went in the sportsman as my mate knew the landlord. I wouldn't recommend it any other time though. The best pub we went in that day was the Yorkshire tap at the station, the beer was tremendous. Oh and the Devonshire cat, that was a great pub only ten mins. from the ground. I remember The graduate from my days at Hallam. Never really been a fan.

myself and around 6 tics went in the sportsman as my mate knew the landlord. I wouldn't recommend it any other time though. The best pub we went in that day was the Yorkshire tap at the station, the beer was tremendous. Oh and the Devonshire cat, that was a great pub only ten mins. from the ground. I remember The graduate from my days at Hallam. Never really been a fan.

The Dev Cat for me is the best pub in the City Centre, but they can be a bit iffy about a Football crowd from what I've been told

Never been to Sheffield, is the ground within walking distance of the trainstation?

http://maps.google.c...ed=0CK0BEPwSMAc

15-20 mins walk according to google maps.

Walked from just past the Sheff Uni last season and took about 20 minutes.

Pub-wise, from my time at Sheff Uni the Dev Cat is a must (no football shirts though) - aside from that not much else towards the stadium as its right on the edge of the city as opposed to the tram accessed Hilsborough.

Getting the coach this time myself, but the walk aint too bad - a lot quicker on the way back after we'd won!!

Edited by shefflatic

What you lot on???? The train station is no more than 8-10 mins from ground if you walk slowly. Turn left onto Shoreham Street walk in a straight line on same road towards the big footy stadium with 4 sides

I was going to say the same thing, my last house was on Shoreham Street about 30 seconds from the ground and I'd of said the station was 10 minutes walk at the very maximum

I was going to say the same thing, my last house was on Shoreham Street about 30 seconds from the ground and I'd of said the station was 10 minutes walk at the very maximum

Depends way you walk. Only been here for a week so from station to Sheff Utd it'd take me about 15 minutes the way I'd walk it.. Saying that all I know is that the stadium is close to Decathlon as can kind of see it from there. Any advice on how to get to the stadium from Aldi? I know it's proper close from there but not sure exactly where haha

Depends way you walk. Only been here for a week so from station to Sheff Utd it'd take me about 15 minutes the way I'd walk it.. Saying that all I know is that the stadium is close to Decathlon as can kind of see it from there. Any advice on how to get to the stadium from Aldi? I know it's proper close from there but not sure exactly where haha

nah Decathlon takes you in the opposite direction from the station, as has been mantioned from the Kop walk down Shoreham Street which takes you right outside the station

You another exile in Sheffield Rob? Plenty of them.... as for route your going the wrong way mate. Natives dont use underpass at any time.

Aldi walk to end of street turn left hit ground 443ft!!!!!! Guide dogs in main stand ;-)

I've never had a problem during the day, but I wouldn't go down at night, nor would I go anywhere near Norfolk Road at night. I dread to think what it was like around there on a match day 30 years ago

You another exile in Sheffield Rob? Plenty of them.... as for route your going the wrong way mate. Natives dont use underpass at any time.

Aldi walk to end of street turn left hit ground 443ft!!!!!! Guide dogs in main stand ;-)

Yeah, just moved down last saturday so don't have a clue where I'm going. Ahright do they not? Only seen the ground from there because it's way I walk to Uni..

Cheers! Passed it on saturday when was moving in but we was bit lost so didn't know where it is from where i'm staying

went in the howard last year. A pub I used to frequent a lot when I used a lot when I used to go out in sheffield. It was dead. Cheap booze, a reasonably fit barmaid and we won..

I'll be straight off the train and in there again this season!

nah Decathlon takes you in the opposite direction from the station, as has been mantioned from the Kop walk down Shoreham Street which takes you right outside the station

I've never had a problem during the day, but I wouldn't go down at night, nor would I go anywhere near Norfolk Road at night. I dread to think what it was like around there on a match day 30 years ago

Ahright, it was just that I've seen the stadium from there. Been through the Underpass couple of times so far at night and never had any trouble.. Yet.

went in the howard last year. A pub I used to frequent a lot when I used a lot when I used to go out in sheffield. It was dead. Cheap booze, a reasonably fit barmaid and we won..

I'll be straight off the train and in there again this season!

Quite a few of us up the road in the globe decent pub remember drinking in the Howard before we played Rotherham a few years back.