Should He Stay or Should He Go?

Fair comments, but, the likes of Moore ,Talbot and Sharp only got one season or so, Dickov is now well in to his third.

In my mind he's had enopugh time to make some progress but apart from having what looks to be a quality side on paper on match days these days we never deliver.

He's beginning to say the same things week after week and although I hope he turns it round I honestly can't see it!

Tonight was good, very good - but Crewe were dire, when we finally scored we did revert to type for 20 mins before grabbing the 2nd once that went in it was game over. Proof in the pudding is Saturday as PNE will be a VERY stiff test. It's three points, I want to see a run the target was around 20 points by the end of October from the Notts game, we're well short of that so far...

-

Were Crewe dire or did we make them look dire ?

They had absolutely no time on the ball thus couldnt play their normal passing game.

You dress it up as you like but I know what I saw.

Everything Dickov preaches from his sides was executed tonight from 1-11. Not often you get the whole team on it but they did

Personally think we have the best potential front 4 (or 5) from the past few seasons, the key is getting consistency.

Thats why most of these players are in league 1 and not above !!

I've seen us play dire teams in the last few months and fail to beat, or even lose to them. It's nice to see we've won, but also won with real conviction. Hopefully that's improved the players' confidence, because they genuinely are a talented set of lads playing at nowhere near the standard they should be.

smileyvault-bop.gif

"I've seen us play dire teams in the last few months and fail to beat, or even lose to them. It's nice to see we've won, but also won with real conviction. Hopefully that's improved the players' confidence, because they genuinely are a talented set of lads playing at nowhere near the standard they should be."

smileyvault-bop.gif

This. Cov were are as dire a side as I've seen in years, but we struggled to get anything going and obviously lost, so the fact that Alex were dire is immaterial to me. It sounds as though we bossed it for the majority of the game and should have had a lot more goals, but two will do.

We played the right way, and got the result. I just hope we don't revert to type against PNE and get all nervy.

Edited by Snookmeister

Saturday will be a real test, back at home where Dickov needs his men to perform. Only (roughly) 10% of our home gate attended last night (and hats off to them for going, cracking effort) so in front of a much larger support he's going to need them to repeat what the 300 odd saw last night to really start winning people back round. Coupled with the fact the game is one which, on paper at least, should be more challenging and it really will be a test of the squads ability against a better team and Dickov's ability to start a run of wins and really get our season going.

I was in the "his record is :censored:, he really should go BUT I hope he turns it around" camp and I still am. 1 win doesn't make his record much better, a run of wins will. no doubt a :censored: performance and result Saturday will mean we're back at square one.

Having said that it feels amazing to wake up after a Latics win! Bring on PNE!

Great performance for me last night.

Dickov has struggled with tactics for a good while admittedly, but last night we actually went for it from the off and that is what we need to do more of.

I would rather see us go for it week in week out even if we end up losing, than sitting back doing nowt and still losing as we have done recently.

Credit where credit is due in my book, we were unlucky not to be 3 or 4 up by half time and apart from the first 10 minutes of the second half we controlled it again.

I think we also need a bit of luck sometimes, but it is true that you make your own luck so as long as we go out with the same mentality every game we will be ok.

Bring on Saturday!