The best performance of the season by far. Every part of the game was excellent but Dickov made some tactical changes that made us absolutely dominant in my opinion:

We controlled the centre of midfield. Furman and Wesolowski pushed forwards, instead of lingering in front of the defence they were 10-20 yards further forward; linking up the defence and attack. They were both brilliant, winning every second ball and passing calmly, quickly and accurately with Baxter.

Then a marginally in front of these 2 was Baxter, who was at the heart of almost every attacking move (of which there was many), he combined excellently with Wes and Furman and made numerous through balls to Derbyshire and spreaded it wide to Croft and Montano and occasionally Wabara who got forward quite often. He has excellent feet, with vision and composure. He's such a good player.

Derbyshire ran the channels and was superb all game, he was a pest to Crewe's defenders, chasing down every ball, making good runs, connecting with Baxter and finishing well when he got his chance. Crucuially though, he was genuinely supported by his fellow attackers, Montano and Croft assisted him by pursuing him whenever he had a sniff around the area.

Either Dickov told them simply to attack more or he has learnt from his mistakes in the previous matches, whatever he did, it made a for quality performance. Constantly pressuring, no spells this time of good play. Consistent attack and enthusiasm. The only downside being M'voto's injury.

Can we play like that every week?

The best performance of the season by far. Every part of the game was excellent but Dickov made some tactical changes that made us absolutely dominant in my opinion:

We controlled the centre of midfield. Furman and Wesolowski pushed forwards, instead of lingering in front of the defence they were 10-20 yards further forward; linking up the defence and attack. They were both brilliant, winning every second ball and passing calmly, quickly and accurately with Baxter.

Then a marginally in front of these 2 was Baxter, who was at the heart of almost every attacking move (of which there was many), he combined excellently with Wes and Furman and made numerous through balls to Derbyshire and spreaded it wide to Croft and Montano and occasionally Wabara who got forward quite often. He has excellent feet, with vision and composure. He's such a good player.

Derbyshire ran the channels and was superb all game, he was a pest to Crewe's defenders, chasing down every ball, making good runs, connecting with Baxter and finishing well when he got his chance. Crucuially though, he was genuinely supported by his fellow attackers, Montano and Croft assisted him by pursuing him whenever he had a sniff around the area.

Either Dickov told them simply to attack more or he has learnt from his mistakes in the previous matches, whatever he did, it made a for quality performance. Constantly pressuring, no spells this time of good play. Consistent attack and enthusiasm. The only downside being M'voto's injury.

Can we play like that every week?

couldn't of put it better myself. We were absolutely excellent. I said at half time we won't keep this tempo up but we did. Montano is the new rick Holden.

couldn't of put it better myself. We were absolutely excellent. I said at half time we won't keep this tempo up but we did. Montano is the new rick Holden.

Montano has been impressive over the last few games.Like his ability to go past players and quality of crosses.Yet on Saturday I heard some joker saying he was :censored:,get him off,he's worse than Joe Colbeck!?!Clearly couldn't see the lad was knackered.

Pleased for Tarky who rightly was dropped after struggling early season. It was good for him to be taken out the firing line. But well done on the goal and solid enough performance one slip aside to which he recovered himself.

Furman and Weso demonstrated the art of the Yard Dog. Grounds had a great game, making some crucial tackles and winning the ball before setting up attacks.The passing from the back to the front was outstanding, and the quick closing down of Crewe had them resorting to long balls. It was reminiscent of the perfomances against Citeh pre-season and Sheff Wed (first half).

The players have proved they can do it and set the standard by which to be judged.

The game reminded me of Forest away under shez. Early season away from home. Desparate for a win. Not that many made the trip + 2-0 win with a dominating performance from the off.

Won about 5 on the bounce after that if memory serves me right.... Was in an internet cafe in SE Asia, 2006 I think..

Montano has been impressive over the last few games.Like his ability to go past players and quality of crosses.Yet on Saturday I heard some joker saying he was :censored:,get him off,he's worse than Joe Colbeck!?!Clearly couldn't see the lad was knackered.

I think he's class, always seems able to get a decent ball in. He started so well on Saturday that Coventry ended up with Baker dropping back and double marking him for the rest of the game

The writeup on Crewe's site is surprisingly gracious. This bit on the first disallowed goal made me laugh:

"The ball spun off the Crewe goalkeeper and Derbyshire tucked it away but had been ruled to have been in an offside position when the ball was struck. The Oldham boss Paul Dickov felt that Davis had being playing his striker on and protested for at least a couple of minutes. He had a point too."

Full write up here - http://www.crewealex.net/news/article/crewe-0-2-oldham-403883.aspx?pageView=full#anchored