Latics english internationals?

Jack Hacking was England Goalkeeper during the early 20th Century

Earl Barrett made his full debut v New Zealand in the Summer of '91

Richard Jobson and Andy Barlow both received England 'B' Call ups

For a time Paul Gerrard was England's record cap holder at U21 level

Craig Dudley was an England U-20 International

Eddie Hopkinson another England Goalkeeper of the 50s started his career at Latics (Made his debut in the 11-2 win over Chester)

Edited by oafcprozac

You know I thought that too about Goram? Apparently he was selected for the squad but didn't play, thus still eligible for Scotland.

Think he was actually sat on the bench for one match but didn't get on. I always remember his his broad Bury accent when getting his autograph at Latics matches and during the training sessions I used to go and watch during school holidays. A couple of years after leaving for Hibs, it shifted completely over to Rab C Nesbitt territory.

Wasn't graham bell part of an england squad ?.......not sure he actually played though.

Don Revie , when England manager, watched him but wasn't called up.

If we're extending to non-full England internationals who got recognition whilst still on the books at Latics (and that was the OP point), then Ian Buckley got an England youth cap in 1972,Keith Hicks in 1973, and Mike Flynn was with the U-20s in 1988 ( I believe).

Edited by LaticsPete

Think he was actually sat on the bench for one match but didn't get on. I always remember his his broad Bury accent when getting his autograph at Latics matches and during the training sessions I used to go and watch during school holidays. A couple of years after leaving for Hibs, it shifted completely over to Rab C Nesbitt territory.

Hardly, Rab is a Celtic fan!