Well that went well

In the second half smith was winning the headers and for some reason the midfield was at the other end of the pitch

Dickov's never going to be the master tactician, but the idea of people challenging to collect Smith's headers was obvious in pre-season friendlies 15 months ago.

Sounds like a very disappointing evening.

#putitrightonSaturday

I was there (left with 10 mins to go so didn't see our goal). Its the last time I'm going to bloody Carlisle!

It was a poor performance all round. Carlisle had a game plan to stop us playing football and it worked. They were sharper than us and gave us no time on the ball whatsoever, pressured us into making mistakes and ultimately made us play long ball.

It also included consistent and multiple fouls everytime we did try and play but the ref was happy to let it go. Typically he books 4 of our players yet his cards stay in his pocket for them. Their number 6 consistently jumped at Matt Smith in the second half with his arms up and got away with it every time, despite the ref booking M'Voto for less in the first half.

Can't blame the ref for any of the goals though. The first was a shocking mistake by Byrne fannying around with it in the box when he should have booted it clear and our heads dropped after that though to be honest, we'd been second best all night (without Carlisle offering much in the final third). The other two goals were also gifted by poor defending.

We really didn't have a plan B and didn't look to have much in the way of fight tonight. Too many players didn't turn up - Montano had another quiet game (though why on earth don't we give him the bloody ball?!) and Furman was poor. The game seemed to pass him by and he sat so deep that in the second half (after Derbyshire had gone off), Baxter and Smith had no support from midfield.

Baxter, Wes and Croft probably the only to come out of the game with any credit, mainly due to their continued effort. Even Wabara looked dodgy tonight.

I hope the second half wasn't an indication of life without Derbyshire as the future's grim if it was.

Hopefully just an off day, coupled with a negative (but clever) Carlisle display.

Sounds like back to the much maligned 2 deep lying midfielders system again which hands the opposition (no matter how poor they are) the initiative...I thought the manager said he was learning ?

Furman doesn't deserve to be in the team and as a captain he doesn't inspire.

Why doesn't he? Last two games before yesterday for us he played quite good according to reports. Away with South Africa its been reported he's played very well.

He's been playing well recently but doesn't deserve to be in the team? Alright then.

As one of the 249, the person who had the greatest impact on the game was the Ref and after that their striker - I could describe him with the language used by the Oldham 'fan' behind me but it's time people stopped behaving in that way. The few times we played we were better than them but we were lethargic and their constant niggling, obviously all short of fouls, stopped us. Although I am a Furman fan I think it was a mistake dropping Simpson. I also hope we are not starting another streak of giving away stupid goals. The game was over when Jose hit the post and Dickov went three at the back. On the bright side found a good pub (Linton Holme) with Yates beer (£2) and free pool!

Why doesn't he? Last two games before yesterday for us he played quite good according to reports. Away with South Africa its been reported he's played very well.

He's been playing well recently but doesn't deserve to be in the team? Alright then.

I'm a furman Fan but only when he plays like I know he can. Pressing the ball high up the pitch should be something he does more than every now and again. This may be a management decision of course.

I'm a furman Fan but only when he plays like I know he can. Pressing the ball high up the pitch should be something he does more than every now and again. This may be a management decision of course.

After all the past criticism it surely can't be a management decision for both central midfielders to play so deep ?

Sounds like back to the much maligned 2 deep lying midfielders system again which hands the opposition (no matter how poor they are) the initiative...I thought the manager said he was learning ?

As someone who was there let me say this - Furman was by no means the only culprit and it'd be unfair to blame him any more than the other players for the performance.

I thought the team as a whole (and PD too) couldn't cope with Carlisle's tactics to stop us playing football.

First half nothing really in it, two poor performances from both sides. Maybe they shaded it with Their lad from Watford (Garner) being the only reason. Small lad but crafty how he backs his arse in, falls over and wins the free kick from an all to willing ref to give it.

I said prior to the match I hope PD sticks to his word that if a team performs and individuals in it then they stay in on merit. The dropping of Simpson for that very reason was wholely wrong in my book and unfortunately Furman contributed sideway or back.

Second half we got what we deserved again with a willing ref. Never at the races.