DICKOV OUT

I'm still in the dickov out camp (one of only 2 voting on here last time) the wins we had have only plastered overt the cracks we are still in a bad state. I think Tranmere is a must win game wih bournemouth and doncaster away coming up we can see ourselves being dragged down there if we have performances like that again from last night.

I'm still in the dickov out camp (one of only 2 voting on here last time) the wins we had have only plastered overt the cracks we are still in a bad state. I think Tranmere is a must win game wih bournemouth and doncaster away coming up we can see ourselves being dragged down there if we have performances like that again from last night.

You missed our away game in 13 days at bottom of the league Hartlepool

I was of the Dickov out opinion before the 3 wins and a draw. Then i started to doubt myself and was happy he seemed to have turned a corner and the players appeared to be playing for him. 3 games later and we are back to the similar form and performances as before.

My worry is we sack him and the likes of baxter and derbyshire will be off, maybe they will go anyway but i think with Dickov in charge we have a small chance of keeping them. Take these two players out and we really are heading for relegation...

I dont think there is much chance of Corney sacking him at the moment but he needs to start asking some serious questions of him.

I don't get how tranmere is "must win." They're one of the top teams, it'd be like Villa fans saying their game against Man Utd is a must win on Saturday.

Away to bottom of the league Hartlepool and home to Shrewsbury are MUST win games. I think its more, "don't lose the next two" rather than "we have to win one." A couple of points against the top end teams with a hard working, battling performance will do for me.

Having said that I was in the Dickov Out camp earlier in the season, thought he'd turned it around but it does, unfortunately, look like we're taking a few backwards steps again. I want to be proved wrong but I'm still not convinced Dickov can do that.

Next 5 games: Tranmere (h), Bournemouth (a), Hartlepool (a), Shrewsbury (h), Doncaster (a). Realistically I'd expect 6 points there, 7 at the most!

Enough's enough....

Owen Coyle In!!!

Not sure what makes me laugh more the fact that you didnt show your face for 5 weeks and prayed for a loss or the fact that on our budget we could sack Dickov, pay up his contract and then appoint a boss who would want more money again and wouldnt come here.

Real shame you arent the chairman of a club of wankers like Mk Dons and could bankrupt them with that kind of logic.

Not sure what makes me laugh more the fact that you didnt show your face for 5 weeks and prayed for a loss or the fact that on our budget we could sack Dickov, pay up his contract and then appoint a boss who would want more money again and wouldnt come here.

Real shame you arent the chairman of a club of wankers like Mk Dons and could bankrupt them with that kind of logic.

Been busy...

Oldham Athletic coming to a League 2 near you....

Been busy...

Oldham Athletic coming to a League 2 near you....

Funny how you're only busy when we're doing OK, but crawl out of the woodwork when we have a bad 'un. Christ on a bicycle, man, lighten up. Every club, irrespective of what division they are in, or their position in it, will have bad days at the office. It was a defeat and a poor performance. It happens. Live with it.

I honestly don't know whether to laugh at, or feel sorry for, someone who is in such desperate need for folk to take notice of him.

look-at-me-tshirt-470.jpg

Maybe you're going for the all time record downboating award.

Where did you get to when we played Crewe, Preston, Sheff Utd etc? Oh, sorry, you were busy!

Now, run along and play with whatever toys are at your disposal. You'll find them infinitely more rewarding than popping in here to be ridiculed every time we have a dip. Because we know that we sure as hell won't see you otherwise.

Owen Coyle!! :laught16:

Away to bottom of the league Hartlepool and home to Shrewsbury are MUST win games. I think its more, "don't lose the next two" rather than "we have to win one." A couple of points against the top end teams with a hard working, battling performance will do for me.

Thats fine in theory except we dont pick up 3 points from our MUST win games do we, hence we heap pressure on ourselves to beat the 'better' teams in the league!

I wanted him out after the losing to a pisspoor Coventry outfit, since then he has far from won me over but prior to last night we had lost 1 in 7 and we looked to be heading in the right direction. My worry is that we have increasingly 'reverted to type' over the last fortnight or so. Ok we beat Orient but it was a typical home performance until we nicked the two late goals. Carlisle we were poor, Crawley was backs to the wall and at times we did take the game to them but in the end once they scored we shut up shop, same at Kiddy, we called it professional when in truth if Kiddy had scored it would have seriously been squeaky bum time.

As for last night, it was as poor as Stevenage and Coventry for me, we offered nothing. We're 15 games in and he is two wins short both on last season and the season before, despite imho having a much better matchday 14 or 15. So how does he regain the momentum?

Drop the awful Simpson (who seriously needs a kick up the arse), put Furman back in with the explicit instruction to play like he did v Crewe and PNE namely nice and sharp, forward runs and every ball going forward, get Wabara bombing on and tell Montano to stop pissing about and shoot or cross first time EVERY time. The last two games we've been second to every ball, first half at Kiddy before a marginal improvement and then all night last night. Saturday, get out there and be on it from minute one. Do that i'll be happy, if not the outcome is inevitable. This is the best starting line-up we've had in 5 or 6 years and we are badly underachieving in a pisspoor league.

Give him until Christmas, if we're still bottom 8 by full-time of the Crewe game AND out of the FA Cup, then he gets thrown out with the Turkey and Tinsel….

Edited by oafcprozac

Funny how you're only busy when we're doing OK, but crawl out of the woodwork when we have a bad 'un. Christ on a bicycle, man, lighten up. Every club, irrespective of what division they are in, or their position in it, will have bad days at the office. It was a defeat and a poor performance. It happens. Live with it.

I honestly don't know whether to laugh at, or feel sorry for, someone who is in such desperate need for folk to take notice of him.

look-at-me-tshirt-470.jpg

Maybe you're going for the all time record downboating award.

Where did you get to when we played Crewe, Preston, Sheff Utd etc? Oh, sorry, you were busy!

Now, run along and play with whatever toys are at your disposal. You'll find them infinitely more rewarding than popping in here to be ridiculed every time we have a dip. Because we know that we sure as hell won't see you otherwise.

Owen Coyle!! :laught16:

i like that t-shirt. can it be purchased through playershare?

Every home game is a must win game especially this tranmere me one with two hard away games coming up at bournemouth and doncaster. I have missed Hartlepool for a reason due to judging that they may have a new manager in place so they will get confidence which means the game might swing in their favour

Trannies (H)

Bournemouth (A)

Hartlepool (A)

Shrewsbury (H)

Donny (A)

Donny (H) FAC

Col U (A)

Swindon (H)

Yeovil (A)

Donny (H)

Crewe (H)

After that little lot we've played 25 in the League

After 25 Games 2010/11 39 points

After 25 Games 2011/12 31 Points

If we do not pick up a minimum of 14 points in the next 10 (4 wins, 2 draws etc..), time to for him to go….if not there's proof that despite improving the squad we are indeed going backwards….and going into the New Year without Baxter and Derbyshire on less points than last season, really will be a recipe for disaster given how poor we've been in both his full seasons so far.

Edited by oafcprozac

And his win ratio is still under 30% (28.97%) now 31 League Wins in 107 games

Having said that we are now a 1/3 of the way through the season, and on target to get around 51 points, which would probably be enough to stay up. Especially given that Pompey still have to take their 10 point hit, is survival enough? Pre-season, yes, but again we've assembled a team with decent loanees and short-termers that should be further up the league.

This could change due to form and injuries etc over 10 games so I have just done the next 4

Trannies (H) Draw

Bournemouth (A) Loss

Hartlepool (A) Win

Shrewsbury (H) Win

Thats 7 points from next 4 for me

I may got this wrong, might be a typo but is Shrews not at home?

Edited by laticdickovarmy

This could change due to form and injuries etc over 10 games so I have just done the next 4

Trannies (H) Draw

Bournemouth (A) Loss

Hartlepool (A) Win

Shrewsbury (H) Win

Thats 7 points from next 4 for me

I may got this wrong, might be a typo but is Shrews not at home?

Edited