Would we come back from relagation?

That's why I think dickov needs to go now,we can't afford to go down and his record post Xmas speaks for itself

A change of leadership won't change anything and what you are witnessing now is not something that can't be put right in six months with a new manager. This season's finale has been in the making for some years, don't tell me you couldn't see it coming.

We scrape 3000 most games, we rely on kids to bring it up to that figure too, they wouldn't be back if we were relegated. A new stand would be pointless because crowds would decrease so much. We'd struggle in League 2 were we to be relegated there.

This is partially why we are so obsessed with getting Dickov out, because we know the consequences of being relegated are so devastating and its unlikely we would recover.

there is the thought process that this season could be the oppisite to his last 2

bad start to the season with a strong unbeaten run after xmas with a push for the play offs and an excellent cup run..................No? me neither!

I think if Corney was to stay and the stand was still to be built we could come back, it may not be right away but we could do it and come back stronger for it

do I want to find out? do I f*** - Corney must make the decision now before we are put in the a situation where we will find out if we can or not

Would we survive relegation, we might but we've got to be in the play-offs minimum the year after. Some of our big names will go but we have a few players that look like they have quite a bit of quality for this league on a contract that will see them play in League 2, where they ought to be able to shine, or we get money for them.

The problem starts if we are outside the play-offs in the first season. Then we might be in serious trouble. I suppose. It depends on the finances, League 2 is easier to spend your way out of than League 1. Corney is not that rich and if the other two called in their loans then we really are fecked. That could happen in this league though.

It might depend on the make-up of the league, last year aside League 2 has had more local clubs in it. If Bury and Hartlepool go down with us and the teams we swap with are mainly Southern then we might be able to sustain it.

I'm not saying we won't be worse off, more we might not be as bad as quite a few people have suggested in this thread.

With the wages cap and the likely further reduction in attendance and income you can't buy your way out of league 2. We are already a league 2 side in a town large enough to support a Championship team.

I can't understand why anyone would want to build a new stand when the team is failing. The staff reductions and willingness to give PD more time all suggest that money is the problem. Can't afford to make a change and can't, as we see it, afford not to. Who would want to run a football club?

I can't understand why anyone would want to build a new stand when the team is failing. The staff reductions and willingness to give PD more time all suggest that money is the problem. Can't afford to make a change and can't, as we see it, afford not to. Who would want to run a football club?

This, why anyone would build a new stand when the club is in the position it currently is is beyond me. Will a new stand improve attendances in league2? You've gotta figure the fans we lose from relegation probably won't be recouped by the number the new stand brings in, the new stand could cost us more in terms of policing, staffing etc than it brings in with low attendances. As for sponsoring boxes, who would do that in a league2 club in decline? We HAVE to stay in this division or we really are :censored:ed

I think the new stand is a way to get money back into the club on non-match days as it has office space to rent.

The new stand might also reduce our police bill, as with it I can see us going back to the RRE being completely away only.

Bang on the head there. Reverting back to being RRE away only and Chaddy end everyone totter creating a atmosphere could bring they more fans through the turnstiles.

Bang on the head there. Reverting back to being RRE away only and Chaddy end everyone totter creating a atmosphere could bring they more fans through the turnstiles.

Having the home fans in the RRE would make the atmosphere and viewing quality better for the home fans. Ludicrous to give away fans the better stand than home fans but lets not get into that argument at the moment, more important things to worry about.

Having the home fans in the RRE would make the atmosphere and viewing quality better for thehome fans. Ludicrous to give away fans the better stand than home fans but lets not get into that argument at the moment, more important things to worry about.

Atmosphere has always been better in the chaddy. People seem to enjoy it more being in the spiritual home end. Anyway DICKOV OUT

Atmosphere has always been better in the chaddy. People seem to enjoy it more being in the spiritual home end. Anyway DICKOV OUT

I can't really appreciate the spiritual home tag considering I'm not old enough to have seen the "glory days" when there was terracing and a lively atmosphere. This is my first season sitting in the Chaddy and I've realised how your view is hampered significantly in so many seats. Also, I hear the acoustics are better in the RRE too though I've never really noticed because I've never been in the RRE when the Chaddy has made any noise.

However, yes, Dickov Out. Cotterill/Davies in.

Edited by NewBlue

Having the home fans in the RRE would make the atmosphere and viewing quality better for the home fans. Ludicrous to give away fans the better stand than home fans but lets not get into that argument at the moment, more important things to worry about.

Let me guess you have a seat in the RRE? I merely said the RRE as on occasions it was used to let fans in cheaply when we had 4 stands and the opposition wasn't going to bring many.

There are positives and negatives to having either end as home only. The last time it was mooted when we had 4 stands IIRC, the Chaddy won the poll convincingly. I'm not sure I care as I like watching from the side and think my Dad does too.

If people genuinely think we cannot survive relegation to the bottom tier I thin we need to all just admit the club is :censored:ed and on its way down and out anyway. All we are basically doing is prolonging the agony scrapping along at this level.

Most decent professional clubs have and can survive at league 2 level. Clubs of all different shapes and sizes have and continue to do so! Some even manage to bounce back from the conference.

The way people are talking, I feel we are too happy to just throw in the towel!