25 points needed from 25 games

from today and up to Forest, 6 crucial games.

18 points to claim, 3 down.

Testing time after MD leaves until he/another comes in, but for me its all in the midfield anyway - Smith and Simpson up top with JB can work if people are around then when they need it so...........

i'm expecting

Swindon W

Yeovil W

Donny D

Crewe may just D

Scunny W

14/18 points gives us 37 - bang in there likely around 7-10th with just less than half to go

i am of the same view as Phil Brown said today - aim for 6th until impossible - otherwise what are we playing towards, just doing enough?? That's not trying to challenge yourself as a player, manager or club by any means at all.

6th is ours!!

Yeovil and Donny will give us a good idea of how much we need Derbyshire. Until then I think it's hard to predict how many points we'll get before Forest.

Smith deserves his chance over Simpson imo but at the same time our attacking style would change a lot by bringing in Smith for Derbyshire.

Seven points from relegation, ten from the play-offs. It's about right simply because we're so inconsistant. We're capable of beating anyone, but the lack of consistancy and the size of the squad, not to mention the usual uncertainty about who is coming and going through the revolving door that is BP, and i think mid-table will be about right.

We're in a mini fixtures situtation. Six games. One down, get enough points from the others and we enter the new year on the brink of the play-offs. However, this is Oldham. We could easily lose them and be back on the brink of relegation.....you just learn to expect nothing.......

Rather than thinkng about where we are at the end of the season why don't we just look at the next few games and break it down.

In the league we should have 2 aims A- Win the next game B- try and catch the team in front of us who knows, if we do that and if we achieve those things enough times we will probably end up in the top 6 anyway.

Swindon on saturday won't be easy they're up there challenging at the top we play like we can do we will probably beat them thats the belief we have to show.

Id go

Swindon (D)

Yeovil (W)

Donny (L)

Crewe (W)

Scunny (W)

That would mean just 2 defeats in 10 in all competitions and 20 points from 9 league games which is good form. I would say a draw v Donny as well but we will lose at least 1 of those games id expect.

A lot of it is momentum, if we can get on a run then we have a chance but it we finish 12th or higher its a good season imo

Swindon and Yeovil will be a good test of both sides of the team. Swindon will test whether we can outplay one of the better sides in the league whereas Yeovil will test our ability to scrap and win the battle, in an ugly manner if necessary.

I think we can do both and we've proven that we can this season, but as we haven't been able to keep up our good form over a sustained period so far this year I doubt we will.