Was in a bookies in Manchester last night when SC nipped in to use the toilet. Congratulated him and had a brief chat. He said the world and his wife are after Baxter. He said Baxter came here for not a lot of money to put himself in the shop window. Said he very much doubted he would be staying and his only hope was we get a 4th round tie that makes him stay longer.

Oh and we were paying 2k (just under 20%) towards Derbyshire's wages, and that Derbyshire watched the game with him and was cheering Latics on yesterday.

At least this will not be dragged out long. By the time we play Coventry a week on Saturday we will have the answer.

He has been a superstar for us , but where was his career going before the manager spotted him and signed him ?

Good luck to him for the future if he goes ,doesn't look to me like he is stopping.

Couldn't really blame him if he leaves for a bigger club though I'd be pretty gutted if he went to another L1 side or wasn't playing every week.

But, hopefully he'll be tempted by the 4th round to stay till the end of the season.

If he leaves now, or in May, he'll go with my blessing. Just a shame we can't keep hold of him - he's the kind of player to build a team around.

I've no idea how these things work, but would he be able to sign an extension with us until immediately after the Liverpool game (or play on non-contract terms), and then move to another club before the window shuts?

Edited by bossrocks