How Much Do You Think Cup Tickets Should Have Cost?

How Much Do You Think Cup Tickets Should Have Cost?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Adult Tickets?

• £20
    • £22
    • £25
    • £27
  2. 2. Concession Tickets?

• £12
    • £15
    • £18
    • £20

If you charge less money then people complain when the club hasn't got any money

If you charge more money then people complain that the club is money grabbing

Can't win!

£25 for adults and £20 for youths seems fair. If any young people (or their parents...) complain about paying £30 for a season ticket and a R4 FA cup tie against one of the (so-they-believe) biggest clubs in the world then they are taking the piss!

I dont mind paying an extra fiver but I think the kids tickets should be a bit lower really taking the nephew and he has a season ticket so will have to pay for him (which I dont mind) but only £5 cheaper than an adults ticket is a bit on the steep side,

But saying that it all goes in the coffers and helps Latics out!

Janet

My mate text today and had a moan about the price for kids even though hes in his 20's and 6ft 7 you know who you are lol.

I would rather pay 46P a game in the league and the extra few quid for big cup games myself if I was taking kids but you cant please everybody!

I think the price is fair especially taking into account what kids have paid this year and all the factors we had to take into account with regards both clubs in agreement and comp tickets!

WELL PLAYED MR C!!

I thought it should have been a tenner for u16s.

Stick £5 on all the matchday prices would have been fair.

I totally disagree at £10 for 23 matches in the league that is unbelievable value even for under 16 so £20 for a game that occurs once in a number of years is nothing.

They effectively paid £10(+£20) for

• 23 League games
  • Guaranteed Liverpool ticket
  • Discounts in club shop
  • Other little perks (like bring a friend for a 5)

and people still complain!

I totally disagree at £10 for 23 matches in the league that is unbelievable value even for under 16 so £20 for a game that occurs once in a number of years is nothing.

They effectively paid £10(+£20) for

• 23 League games
  • Guaranteed Liverpool ticket
  • Discounts in club shop
  • Other little perks (like bring a friend for a 5)

and people still complain!

They paid £10 for 23 league games at the start of the season. The Liverpool ticket cost and the season ticket cost have absolutely nothing to do with each other. I'm guessing the other perks weren't really thought about, except maybe the priority on the cup tickets. But I'd reckon there would have been an expectation that they wouldn't get fleeced on the cost of a cup ticket. And mentioning friend for a fiver, thats brilliant! Most kids (I'd guess) friends would also be kids. So they can bring a friend to every league game for a fiver, without the voucher.

£10 for a kids season ticket is an absolutely brilliant deal. We should be attracting kids to come to games as they are the future of the club.

£20 for kids to watch the Livepool game is not a good deal or good value. £20 for a child to watch a football game (at any level) is ridiculous. And you can't even claim "yeah but they get to see Liverpool", because if it was at Anfield it would only be £5. So why should we charge £15 more than one of the biggest clubs in the country would? Thats not a good deal for anyone.

We give cheap season tickets to attract future fans, so they can watch us play the likes of Yeovil and Scunthorpe. But as soon as we get a glamour game, they can get f*****d, because we will fleece them like everyone else. This is the sort of game which could get a kid hooked on Latics for life. We really shouldn't be ripping them off.

SC said this game is not just about the money, its about the fans. But it's not really is it? They increased adult prices by a fiver (expected that and not too bothered), but increased kids prices by £15, increased the cost for pensioners, and are even making loyal club staff pay to attend. But its not just about the money... honest.

The reason Liverpool could charge £5 is because they had surplus seats so could afford lower pricing to get the extra fans. We want as many adults to fill seats to maximise revenue. It's simply supply and demand...we have 10,000 seats why would we want £10 kids tickets to occupy 4,000 of them.

The reason Liverpool could charge £5 is because they had surplus seats so could afford lower pricing to get the extra fans. We want as many adults to fill seats to maximise revenue. It's simply supply and demand...we have 10,000 seats why would we want £10 kids tickets to occupy 4,000 of them.

I understand the point of trying to milk fans for all its worth, but that doesn't make it right.

Of the gate, 3000 will be Liverpool fans. Of these, hardly any will be kids because of the way they sell away allocations (points schemes and whatnot). So of the remaining 7500, I can't imaging there will be 4000 kids. 1500-2000 maybe. Once vat is deducted, and we take our share of the gate, how much in lost revenue is that? £8k? £10k? Ok, its a fair bit of money, but when you consider we have just got £135k for being on telly and £65k prize money (none of which we were expecting), maybe we could have afforded to not rip off our future fans. But instead, its short term thinking to plunder as much money as possible now.

I don't understand the dynamics of pricing. Concessions and Under 16s can have reduced price season tickets but everyone should just pay the same on the door. The future fans argument always annoys me because it seems to disadvantage all those dedicated fans who have supported the club for more than a few years!

saying that I did take advantage of the under 16 prices until I was nearly 20...

I don't understand the dynamics of pricing. Concessions and Under 16s can have reduced price season tickets but everyone should just pay the same on the door. The future fans argument always annoys me because it seems to disadvantage all those dedicated fans who have supported the club for more than a few years!

saying that I did take advantage of the under 16 prices until I was nearly 20...

It's not hard really. Put yourself in the kids shoes, think about the money they get from the job they are not allowed to have and question why it would disadvantage the kid if the prices were the same as adults?

The parents of the kids who are doing the complaining need their heads testing. I wish when I had a kids ticket I only paid a tenner! But no I paid about £130. Latics have played this really well, it's people like these moaners who probably make corney think why bother!!

They paid £10 for 23 league games at the start of the season. The Liverpool ticket cost and the season ticket cost have absolutely nothing to do with each other. I'm guessing the other perks weren't really thought about, except maybe the priority on the cup tickets. But I'd reckon there would have been an expectation that they wouldn't get fleeced on the cost of a cup ticket. And mentioning friend for a fiver, thats brilliant! Most kids (I'd guess) friends would also be kids. So they can bring a friend to every league game for a fiver, without the voucher.

£10 for a kids season ticket is an absolutely brilliant deal. We should be attracting kids to come to games as they are the future of the club.

£20 for kids to watch the Livepool game is not a good deal or good value. £20 for a child to watch a football game (at any level) is ridiculous. And you can't even claim "yeah but they get to see Liverpool", because if it was at Anfield it would only be £5. So why should we charge £15 more than one of the biggest clubs in the country would? Thats not a good deal for anyone.

We give cheap season tickets to attract future fans, so they can watch us play the likes of Yeovil and Scunthorpe. But as soon as we get a glamour game, they can get f*****d, because we will fleece them like everyone else. This is the sort of game which could get a kid hooked on Latics for life. We really shouldn't be ripping them off.

SC said this game is not just about the money, its about the fans. But it's not really is it? They increased adult prices by a fiver (expected that and not too bothered), but increased kids prices by £15, increased the cost for pensioners, and are even making loyal club staff pay to attend. But its not just about the money... honest.

no matter what the club did for the liverpool game there would people griping and trying to stick the knife in,but i say grow up and stop :censored:ing compaining we all want one thing and one thing only,oafc where they should be winning and victorious and if that means us as fans paying for it so be it

my kids got a ST, but then again she had one last year at £50. So, this year she's had a ST and a game vs Liverpool for £30, without a moment's hesitation. It cost £55 for the same last year.

Latics get things wrong, but the kids ST deal means that the dedicated kids, instead of paying a measly £2.17 a game (which was a bargain) will end up paying £1.25 a game; but people think it's a rip off? Seriously? Really? Are they able to function with such a low capacity for rational thought?

my kids got a ST, but then again she had one last year at £50. So, this year she's had a ST and a game vs Liverpool for £30, without a moment's hesitation. It cost £55 for the same last year.

Latics get things wrong, but the kids ST deal means that the dedicated kids, instead of paying a measly £2.17 a game (which was a bargain) will end up paying £1.25 a game; but people think it's a rip off? Seriously? Really? Are they able to function with such a low capacity for rational thought?

Get ready for someone to say you are wrong, surely what you have posted puts this argument to bed once and for all.

Get ready for someone to say you are wrong, surely what you have posted puts this argument to bed once and for all.

The two points are mutually exclusive. The ST for kids is a quality offer but it doesn't mean £20 isn't expensive. The quality of the opponents has added a large amount on the price but in effect, there'd be nothing to stop league 1 away opponents charging that for a cup tie. It probably wouldn't be worthwhile but there'd be uproar if people we were playing a club that were charging 20 times the amount youngsters pay for league games.

no matter what the club did for the liverpool game there would people griping and trying to stick the knife in,but i say grow up and stop :censored:ing compaining we all want one thing and one thing only,oafc where they should be winning and victorious and if that means us as fans paying for it so be it

I always find it funny when people are complaining that people are complaining. I think I might complain that you are complaining about me complaining, but where will it all end?

We should have charged the highest possible price to sell 10,600 tickets i.e. charge the price at which demand = supply. £25 probably ain't too far off that.

We're a business at the end of the day, one which is losing money - got to exploit opportunities like this as they don't come along very often.

Edited by bossrocks