8 , yes 8 home league defeats

We could all have gone home at 3:05 , as we rolled over yet again at home ,and let another team win at BP in first gear.

Their keeper has nothing to do ....as usual.

Back four asleep in first 5 minutes .....no change there.

Smith in their centre halfs pocket.

Winchester & M'Changama as lightweight as any midfield duo I cal recall.

Millar comes on for a cameo with the same effect as he had in the Crewe game .....how on earth does he get on the park before Brown & Tarkowski.

We are sleeping walking to relegation ...... no doubt everyone will 'fancy' the next home game ......we could be bottom 4 by then .

The cup win is masking a team with as little fight as any team I can ever recall .

This was no different to nearly every home game of 2012 .

We could all have gone home at 3:05 , as we rolled over yet again at home ,and let another team win at BP in first gear.

Their keeper has nothing to do ....as usual.

Back four asleep in first 5 minutes .....no change there.

Smith in their centre halfs pocket.

Winchester & M'Changama as lightweight as any midfield duo I cal recall.

Millar comes on for a cameo with the same effect as he had in the Crewe game .....how on earth does he get on the park before Brown & Tarkowski.

We are sleeping walking to relegation ...... no doubt everyone will 'fancy' the next home game ......we could be bottom 4 by then .

The cup win is masking a team with as little fight as any team I can ever recall .

This was no different to nearly every home game of 2012 .

that and Baxter signing which, no doubt is massive and well done to the club for pulling it off. what does it matter if we go down though? 1 player won't save a team and I fear this signing and the cup run will buy Mr Dickov more and more time. still unconvinced he will turn us round

that and Baxter signing which, no doubt is massive and well done to the club for pulling it off. what does it matter if we go down though? 1 player won't save a team and I fear this signing and the cup run will buy Mr Dickov more and more time. still unconvinced he will turn us round

I think it's fair to give him the transfer window to see how he can reshuffle the pack. We are still a striker short and were missing 3/4 of the regular midfield today. If Baxter is our only signing (as good as he is) relegation will be likely but I think we will look a better team by Jan 31st.

Unfortunately until those signings happen the next few games will be bleak.

I think it's fair to give him the transfer window to see how he can reshuffle the pack. We are still a striker short and were missing 3/4 of the regular midfield today. If Baxter is our only signing (as good as he is) relegation will be likely but I think we will look a better team by Jan 31st.

Unfortunately until those signings happen the next few games will be bleak.

tend to agree, just unfortunate that as you say we're missing people and we have a difficult run of 3 games (including today) before Liverpool. I can see us losing the next 2 which is gonna leave us in a tricky spot. hopefully he can get a striker in and when wes, furman are back we'll be more of a force

All the teams that have come and beat us at home all come with the same plan and stick to it. And all of them are up in the top half because of this type of win, it's no coincidence that we've lost so many home games to uninspiring teams in the top half.

Stevenage, Coventry, Tranmere, Doncaster, Brentford, Swindon have all come to keep compact, keep tight, win the midfield, play it safe and to be direct. Even Bury made us run around and play to their terms! It's like watching the same game and in those seven games we've scored ONE goal!

The next home league game is MK Dons and I can safely say that they will be safe in possession and each player will know exactly what to do. At the rate we're going we'll probably try our best and then get undone when they wait for us to make a mistake. It's too predictable and it's not surprising.

agreed , the home games are like Groundhog Day.

Opposition teams look like ....a team , well drilled , everyone doing his job & confident in knowing their team mates will.

85 minutes to get back in it today & not one did we ever look like scoring, it is pathetic,

Getting Liverpool in the FA Cup has bought Dickov time that he doesn't really deserve, in my opinion. What ever happens against Liverpool, I suspect it'll be deemed a 'brave' performance buying Dickov more time still. Then, more than likely, we'll be right in the :censored: with only a handful of games left.

I actually think Baxter staying on will be the difference between staying up and relegation. But I reckon it could be a bit too close for comfort.

The cup run might provide Corney with the funds to fire Dickov.

I'm all for breaking in youth.

But Kirk ain't gonna turn a game around against a top six team.

or any team.... hes the weakest of a current youth players by a long way. He has some speed but never finds a blue shirt with a pass

we are a poor side with one ultra basic way of playing and down to the bare bones. Its time for someone to come in with some fresh ideas.

Smith did OK today some good flicks and lay offs but most of the time no one near him to pick them up.... Other than Wabarra we have 0 pace in the first 11 so opposition defenders dont have to worry about balls in behind. and no wingers who can put decent balls into the box. on the other side of the coin Smith has no pace yet today Baxter and a few others tried to play balls down the channel for him...hes never going to get them.... 30 year old shot to hell Cliff Byrne is probably faster than Smith.....

The midfield were poor and couldn't string passes together Winchester had a good couple of minutes before half time but he is still so lightweight and gives the ball away too much...but i don't mind him getting a few starts and then we can see what hes made off, Mchamgama gives you some work rate but he was knackered after an hour.

This is a relegation battle we have to get some points quickly. I cant see us doing it with this team.

Edited by bluehobbit

well done in getting baxter to sign a deal which means we will be able to get something back when he moves on . wabarra also a good short term deal .Now get rid of Dickov tonight and get Keith Hill in . Dickov has good contacts and is a nice bloke but his results are awful . the cup game won him a reprieve and the liverpool draw has been a lovely diversion but Dickov needs to go .this is relegation form .

As soon as we went 3 at the back they overran us. Kept possession to easy, we had 5 blokes who didn't know where they should be. They would not have scored again if we had still been 4 at the back. Clueless absof*****glutely clueless.

to be fair, we went for it at that point by putting an extra attacker on for a defender. it backfired with us conceding but i'd prefer he went for it than we didn't change it and lost to a depressing 1-0

or any team.... hes the weakest of a current youth players by a long way. He has some speed but never finds a blue shirt with a pass

we are a poor side with one ultra basic way of playing and down to the bare bones. Its time for someone to come in with some fresh ideas.

Can he be classed as youth anymore? He's 21 this summer. He wasn't good enough last summer and still got a deal.

to be fair, we went for it at that point by putting an extra attacker on for a defender. it backfired with us conceding but i'd prefer he went for it than we didn't change it and lost to a depressing 1-0

If you are going to go 3 at the back the players need to know their roles, they didn't, it was like watching headless chickens. Im all for attacking intent but you still need shape.