Liverpool tickets - online? or over the phone?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone has the time to email you, can they not pop to the ticket office to answer the phone or call you back?!

Credit where it's due, Judith from the club did call me - by which time I'd gone into a meeting!

I called 0161 624 4972 option 3 and got through pretty much straight away. Tickets sorted.

Nice one, Judith. :chubb:

Emailed the club earlier and just got a reply. Main Stand is gone, apparently; only RRE and CRE left. They are happy to post tickets out which is good but have asked me to put my card details in an email, which isn't going to happen!

Would you have been happy to pay via PayPal? As a PayPal account is relatively easy to set up IIRC and perhaps the club should set one up in time for our next big game- which could be in a couple of weeks.

Would you have been happy to pay via PayPal? As a PayPal account is relatively easy to set up IIRC and perhaps the club should set one up in time for our next big game- which could be in a couple of weeks.

Are there not quite a lot of fees associated with withdrawing money from paypal accounts?

Are there not quite a lot of fees associated with withdrawing money from paypal accounts?

Yes. The club would likely have to add a % on top of the cost to cover paypal fees. Although I'm sure for the convenience it'd offer, most wouldn't mind.

Similar to the e-ticketing site letting you buy a season ticket using a credit card.

Just called this number 0161 785 5152 and finally got through to someone, and apparently they have to deal with the queues first and are not accepting telephone bookings, so Stevie_J I don't kno how you managed to get the tickets because I got told we are not selling them via phone flat out!!

Unbelievable! I asked what time are the offices open until, she said 5pm I won't get home until gone 6.30pm so annoyed now!

Just called this number 0161 785 5152 and finally got through to someone, and apparently they have to deal with the queues first and are not accepting telephone bookings, so Stevie_J I don't kno how you managed to get the tickets because I got told we are not selling them via phone flat out!!

Unbelievable! I asked what time are the offices open until, she said 5pm I won't get home until gone 6.30pm so annoyed now!

Exactly the same response I got Rob.

Unfortunately I can't get to the ground either and fear I won't get a ticket now, will be especially peed off if Liverpool fans are going to get in the home end over latics fans!

If we are correct in our assumption that the club will not sell out you would think that the staff would be insructed to sell by whatever means possible!

You would also think that the club would stay open later than 5.00pm as some people may find it difficult/not be able to get out of work during the day.

Perhaps the tickets are selling faster than we thought!

I have to say it's pretty poor service to just not answer the main ticket office phone line with no mention on the fishal that they're not taking phone orders at the moment. Irrespective of the possibilities of having someone on the phone, how difficult is sticking an automated message on? I'll stand corrected but I'm sure the club have a switchboard that the ticket line could be diverted to if needs be to let people know.

If we are correct in our assumption that the club will not sell out you would think that the staff would be insructed to sell by whatever means possible!

You would also think that the club would stay open later than 5.00pm as some people may find it difficult/not be able to get out of work during the day.

Perhaps the tickets are selling faster than we thought!

Agree with what your saying and you would think that anyone who wanted a ticket (with exception of few going after work) would of got one or made arrangements to get one by now.

Is it still only 1 ticket per person?

Yes. The club would likely have to add a % on top of the cost to cover paypal fees. Although I'm sure for the convenience it'd offer, most wouldn't mind.

Similar to the e-ticketing site letting you buy a season ticket using a credit card.

Just worked out how much it would cost and its £1.05 per adult ticket for the Liverpool game as the most it can be is 3.4% + 20p but if used a lot could be as low as 1.4% + 20p which is 55p per ticket. Not exactly a fortune and might pay for itself if it saved people like Stevie and carlos from ringing the club constantly on days like this. See https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-receiving-fees-outside

Do you get some form of PayPal receipt with the transfer of money, from both a selling and buying perspective? As that could be used as a form of verification if required.

Edited by rudemedic

Suprised at all the people now saying they can't order by phone. I e-mailed and was eventually told that I could order via e-mail. I then lost internet access on my phone en route to work, so just rang up at half 12 and ordered via phone instead.

But that was after 3 1/2 hours of trying and also being told by a snotty woman in the club shop that you could only buy tickets if you went down to BP.