a precursor

Same old negative backbiting towards Dickov with everything that comes out surrounding the club!! Girl in ticket office buys new coat : Dickov needs sacking he picked the wrong cotton!!

We ve got we ve got the chairman has said he is sticking with Dickov so lets back him instead of bitching him!!!!!

But it was the wrong cotton...

and Cisak, Bouzanis, Grounds, Byrne, Wesolowski, Croft, & Wabara would get in most League One sides imo. And an in form Simpson.

these are good League One players who shouldn't be in 19th.

This, /\ amen to that.

and what O4U says below.

With what we have already, there is no way we should be 19th. But we are. Get the players we have already firing and we'll climb away comfortably. That's the catch though, the current man in charge has shown that he just can't do that on any sort of consistent basis.

I looked at the team and couldn't see any player that we desperately need to replace because it's not the players; it's the tactics. I'd love a clinical striker here but the only one that seems to have any natural finishing ability sits on the bench every week when we continue to bore fans and miss goals.

Playing a 6"6 striker alone up front.

No player runs onto his flick-ons.

Very little attacking intent from CM which pressures the wingers and nulls our attack, makes it 1dimensional.

Full backs getting forward less and less as the season progresses.

Lack of motivation and confidence.

Heavy reliance on Baxter.

Weak midfield when there are players who are more willing to put their foot in.

Leadership has gone.

There is one person who controls these variables; Dickov. The players have to take some blame of course but it's showed that when Dickov does play them in the correct way we can succeed.

Whilst he's here I'll support him but I still want him to go. They're not mutually exclusive.

that's exactly where I'm at too....and plenty on here also

You're spot on Eyresey so what do we do? No midfield and no out and out goal scoring centre forward, no effective wingers which means Zero supply line = 1 or 2 goals will be enough to beat us most weeks = relegation and by some margin

-

Well I know you're the same as me in having long since lost faith with Dickov but it does look like we are stuck with him.

I just don't see enough anger, passion, pride or whatever you want to call it in this team especially in the key central areas.

Michael Nelson just gone to Bradford, just the sort of player we are crying out for, maybe he wouldn't have wanted to come anyway but we never seem to be in the market for them.

Think we need at least 3 players in now just to get competitive again, a centre half who will push the others about and organise, a centre midfielder with some presence who can get around the pitch, and a proper centre forward who wants to be play facing the goal.

The squad is not as good as we think LS you are right. Are people still seriously believeing this line that this is the best squad we've had in years its utter rubbish and was a sound bite to stir enthusiasm amongst the fans and to be a confidence booster to the players.

That said 1 point from a possible 18 clearly isn't good enough. Dickov is being given abit of light relief at the moment as we are all caught up in the cup run but once the Liverpool game has come and gone the reality of a relegation scrap will bite and it will be make or break time for our manager. Their can be no hangover from that Liverpool game we will need to pick up straight away after that and pull clear of the relegation.

We also need to bring in I think 3 players Once Warbara goes back we need a right back to compete with connor brown for that spot. We need a left mid to cover Montano's injury I'd like Mellor given a go but I also think someoneelse in midfield competition for places I'd also like to see Winchester go our on loan to a conference side to toughen up and get football. Plus we clearly need a striker who will link up with Baxter and provide the right kind of partnership.

Plus the most important signing of the season 1 assistant manager if we are going to give that to TP fine, but then we need a reserve team coach also. Tomorrow and the Liverpool game won't decide Dickovs future Febuary will do.

If I was the chairman, I'd be telling PD that this 'best squad since he's been here' has enough in it already to comfortably get us higher up the league

The thing is, it's not, this delusion that we've got some magnificent squad is getting out of hand. It's paper thin, hence why were relying on the likes of Hughes, Tarky, Mellor, Winchester, Millar, when the injuries hit. None would get into any other league one team, I'd say the same of Matt Smith, and these are our immediate reserves. I haven't seen Brown or Dan Taylor so I can't comment on those, but would they be first teamers at another League One club?

Then there's our big players, Mvoto, vastly overrated, good, but prone to mistakes and terrible with the ball at his feet, not convinced he can play at a higher level than us. Simpson, again solid League One player, but again not playing below his level. Furman and Wes, bread and butter League One players, Furman could potentially play in a better team and become a better player.

A team that consisted of Gregan, Lee, Stephens, Taylor, Hazell, Abbott and our loan signings Sheehan, Flahavan, Guy and :censored: were better than this lot, and we struggled then.