Nothing first 20 mins Cov grew into game we began to stand off sit deep and put in a few half arsed challenges. Smith clean through should have done better. Baxter fk straight at keeper. Second half simmo clean through makes a mess, Cov take lead the liability thatis Wabara let's his man cross after that we have a go and create a few half chances young Taylor comes on forces a couple of good saves looks dangerous and slows smith the space he needs rather than the splendid isolation of the first75mins equaliser deserved then we throw caution to the wind and it bites us on the arse. Should have shut up shop. But it gives PD the excuses he needs to cling on.

The winer you just knew was coming. Please start with Taylor and Smith Tuesdayo send Wabara back and bench Croft the right side is ocosting us goals every week

-

The winer you just knew was coming. Please start with Taylor and Smith Tuesdayo send Wabara back and bench Croft the right side is ocosting us goals every week

-

Yet ANOTHER goal from a cross from Wabara's side of the pitch. Brown in.

How long will Dickov see that Smith on his own won't work? Is he this ignorant and stubborn or is he just incredibly tactically inept? Taylor seems to have a footballing brain which is helpful when you're playing with a striker who is trying to provide flick-on's.

This system CANNOT continue for any longer.

Whatever your opinions of individuals in our defence collectively it is possibly the worst defence I have ever seen at the club!

I dont rate Grounds, I dont rate M'voto (although some do) his fault for Brentfords winner last week although hecant play in a 3 - :censored:in ball watchin again

I cant stand Byrne but at least he opens his mouth! too slow, constant hoof, with one great switch ball every now and then, too slow, more bothered about kickin his man than watchin the ball, too :censored:in slow

I actually like Wabara (others clearly dont) but I think he is learning and has great potential (maybe he needs to be moved on ubtil he fulfills it) Brown wont make any difference and in the long run will prove to be more problematic IMO

I mentioned in a previous thread but I would very much like to know how many crosses come in from either side - both for attack and defence, I think that would tell us quite a bit about us.

Brown wont make any difference IMO

PD has to go for me, we are :censored: up front but no matter what..... we are always going to concede :censored:, :censored:, :censored: goals.... today is the prime example!

Whatever your opinions of individuals in our defence collectively it is possibly the worst defence I have ever seen at the club!

I dont rate Grounds, I dont rate M'voto (although some do) his fault for Brentfords winner last week although hecant play in a 3 - :censored:in ball watchin again

I cant stand Byrne but at least he opens his mouth! too slow, constant hoof, with one great switch ball every now and then, too slow, more bothered about kickin his man than watchin the ball, too :censored:in slow

I actually like Wabara (others clearly dont) but I think he is learning and has great potential (maybe he needs to be moved on ubtil he fulfills it) Brown wont make any difference and in the long run will prove to be more problematic IMO

I mentioned in a previous thread but I would very much like to know how many crosses come in from either side - both for attack and defence, I think that would tell us quite a bit about us.

PD has to go for me, we are :censored: up front but no matter what..... we are always going to concede :censored:, :censored:, :censored: goals.... today is the prime example!

I agree about Mvoto, the man is a liability, i would play Tarky at cb alright he does make the odd mistake but by playing he will get better. I like Byrne for the fact he gives it a go and never shirks a challenge, and until we play Taylor and Smith not just Smith up front we aint going to score many goals. And finally Grounds is the best full back at the club(as i keep pointing out)

I couldn't give a :censored: how much potential Wabara has. He's not our player so it only matters what he's like whilst he's here and frankly, he's a defensive liability.

How anybody can say Grounds isn't our best defender is beyond me. Byrne is too slow and hoofs it and M'Voto is too clumsy.

I want Tarky and Brown in the team.

Do you rate any of the players at the club palmer? (genuine question). And I mean in terms of competent for league 1

Haha AM I THAT BAD?

Baxter and Furman will both play at a higher level than league 1 and within a season or 2 but no higher

I rate both keepers

Croft is on his way down rather than up but I still like him

Simpson is talanted is he ever plays in his "correct" position, he lacks confidence

Mchagangychangychagymema has some nice touched but nothing special although I do like him (wouldnt mind seeing him more)

Tarky could be player in the future is coached correctly

Mvoto has the raw talent to be very good, he needs the right coach (see Tarky) because he is getting worse

Montano has talent but cant see him going higher, need to see him more but only turns it on when he wants

Wes is no better than league 1 and if we want to do more we need more than Furman and Wes together (that will be sorted when Deanos contract is up im sure)

Smith is a big lump but if he learns he could have a good career liike a Steve Howard (no where near as good though)

Winchester is too soft and will never make it until he toghens up although he is clearly has a brain for the game

I cant see it with Grounds at all though! someone please explain that to me!!!!! because isome think he is the best defender at the club

The other I have not seen enough of to judge properly (I may have missed a few) but they are all just personal opinions at the end of the day

while the defenders are not fantastic we have much greater problems in midfield and up top which need addressing to stop us going down.

So draw level in the 89th minute from a forward more than likley supplied from the midfield and you dont think the defence conceding goals every week is not a biggest issue?

The midfield is shocking and does need addressing as does the strike force but to say we have greater issues than the defence is missing the big picture imo

we need to stop losing games ASAP and you dont lose games if you are solid at the back, the attack could score 2 or 3 but if we concede bad goals constantly we are screwed no matter who is playing in front of them

its not a matter of entertainment, its a matter of stopping the rot and you start at the base, if we keep conceding like last week and today we are going down!

teams dont have to work for it half the time

Edited by palmer1

Haha AM I THAT BAD?

Baxter and Furman will both play at a higher level than league 1 and within a season or 2 but no higher

I rate both keepers

Croft is on his way down rather than up but I still like him

Simpson is talanted is he ever plays in his "correct" position, he lacks confidence

Mchagangychangychagymema has some nice touched but nothing special although I do like him (wouldnt mind seeing him more)

Tarky could be player in the future is coached correctly

Mvoto has the raw talent to be very good, he needs the right coach (see Tarky) because he is getting worse

Montano has talent but cant see him going higher, need to see him more but only turns it on when he wants

Wes is no better than league 1 and if we want to do more we need more than Furman and Wes together (that will be sorted when Deanos contract is up im sure)

Smith is a big lump but if he learns he could have a good career liike a Steve Howard (no where near as good though)

Winchester is too soft and will never make it until he toghens up although he is clearly has a brain for the game

I cant see it with Grounds at all though! someone please explain that to me!!!!! because isome think he is the best defender at the club

The other I have not seen enough of to judge properly (I may have missed a few) but they are all just personal opinions at the end of the day

The good thing is you have an opinion, I don't think for one minute that you could agree with everything 1 person says.

As for the above, I quite like Montano and think that when he gets a few more games under his belt we could see a decent championship standard player. Do not think Mvoto can get any better. Smith I would have sacked 6 weeks ago, but the more I see the more I like, you play to his strengths with a willing runner off him there is a decent centre forward there. Grounds you most probably think i've got a crush on, but when he first came he lacked positional sense was s**t going forward and couldn't put a decent tackle in. But he gets better every game he covers the centre backs well, supports the attack, and can cross a ball, IMO we could get decent money for him next season.

The good thing is you have an opinion, I don't think for one minute that you could agree with everything 1 person says.

As for the above, I quite like Montano and think that when he gets a few more games under his belt we could see a decent championship standard player. Do not think Mvoto can get any better. Smith I would have sacked 6 weeks ago, but the more I see the more I like, you play to his strengths with a willing runner off him there is a decent centre forward there. Grounds you most probably think i've got a crush on, but when he first came he lacked positional sense was s**t going forward and couldn't put a decent tackle in. But he gets better every game he covers the centre backs well, supports the attack, and can cross a ball, IMO we could get decent money for him next season.

at the end of the day they all play for Oldham, I (we) want them all to get better and improve and peform in a winning Oldham team, its the most frustating thing in the world watching them but most of the problems could be sorted with the correct manager - PD is not that man unfortunatly

I rant about certain players but I want to be proved wrong, I hope I am but with this bunch I cant see it

Mellor was entirely out of his depth this afternoon and should've gone off earlier. Once Taylor, Brown and Sutherland came on we looked far better (although an improvement on a dreadful performance until then). Grounds did well on the left wing when called upon, though Mellor had been absolutely :censored:ing awful all afternoon.

Sutherland had a good chance to win it before they went and got the winner but it would've masked a poor performance. It was a fair result in the end but galling nonetheless.

at the end of the day they all play for Oldham, I (we) want them all to get better and improve and peform in a winning Oldham team, its the most frustating thing in the world watching them but most of the problems could be sorted with the correct manager - PD is not that man unfortunatly

I rant about certain players but I want to be proved wrong, I hope I am but with this bunch I cant see it

Well said i never thought i'd up vote you, aint life funny, (you're still wrong about Grounds though)

So draw level in the 89th minute from a forward more than likley supplied from the midfield and you dont think the defence conceding goals every week is not a biggest issue?

The midfield is shocking and does need addressing as does the strike force but to say we have greater issues than the defence is missing the big picture imo

we need to stop losing games ASAP and you dont lose games if you are solid at the back, the attack could score 2 or 3 but if we concede bad goals constantly we are screwed no matter who is playing in front of them

its not a matter of entertainment, its a matter of stopping the rot and you start at the base, if we keep conceding like last week and today we are going down!

teams dont have to work for it half the time

Sorry will have to agree to disagree, I see the bigger picture as a lack of goals, adding pressure on our defence. The goal tally for our non-forwards is shocking this season. Of course we can improve at the back but I think if you look at the goals for and against it will show the main problem for us is a lack of for and our against column is pretty similar to the rest of the league.

Byrne and Grounds have been 2 of the few positives this season. Wabara hasn't looked interested for weeks, and if he's only here until after the Liverpool game then why the :censored: are we playing him? At least Brown is OUR player.

And for :censored: sake give Daniel Taylor a run of starts. PDs insistence at playing Smithy effectively on his own up top is a travesty!

that sums up the whole season in a nutshell for me and shows the problem right away

Byrne and Grounds are seen as a positive by some, if thats the best we have...........................................we are :censored:ed!!!!

Sorry, but if you think those two are our amongst our biggest problems then I'm glad you don't pick the side.

Edited by danoafc

The biggest problem is the whole team are not working together

they are just a part of it!

I agree with that comment about the whole team not working together, but I think Byrne and Grounds are two of our better/more consistent performers. Mvoto is prone to massive rushes of blood and Wabara has coasted through games for TOO long now.

Part of the defensive problem is that our midfield, in general, offer nothing to protect the back four and are out worked and overrun way too often!!

Grounds Byrne boozy have been ok, nothing more, nothing less, Jose has been a godsend, as was derbs, smith has worked very hard.

Montano , furman, wes and croft have all disappointed hugely, a shame coz it's the whole :censored:ing midfield !

Simmo been the biggest disappointment , a waste, someone who needs carrying every game, mvoto is calamitous at times , as is tarky , ( tho I really like him ) and our other youngsters have nt had a chance.

To sum up, underperforming and depressing