Why is it?

Every club we seem to take the piss out off, goes on to have success we could only dream off!

Wigan

Blackpool

Huddersfield

Tranmere.

Think it's time we kept our mouths shut. Oh and where have all the Ronnie haters gone, it seems when we get an half decent manager we hound them out of the club, (we as in the fans and the board). i.e Sheridan, Moore being primary examples all had us more often than not at the right end of the table.

Remind me what success have the last two had in the modern era?

Well Huddersfield are now playing in the championship, i'd be more than happy with that especially in our current situation. Tranmere are sitting top of league 1 and i wouldn't be surprised if they'll be playing in the championship next year also, although that could all change, yet they're doing it on a shoe string and with a manager many of our supporters and board deemed useless.

Well Huddersfield are now playing in the championship, i'd be more than happy with that especially in our current situation. Tranmere are sitting top of league 1 and i wouldn't be surprised if they'll be playing in the championship next year also, although that could all change, yet they're doing it on a shoe string and with a manager many of our supporters and board deemed useless.

They are doing ok, but even latics have topped league one at this stage of the season - plenty of time to choke yet.... hopefully.

For those mentioning Ronnie lets not get carried away, we where :censored: when he was here, it was crap football and not many where happy

he currently manages a team at the top of the league but there is a long way to go and he was sacked twice (once by his current club) before his little bit of "success" this season

Having said that all this team needs is someone with his organisational skills who will get a team working!

Good luck Ronnie but you are still a tosser!!

*tranmere to lose in the play off semis

For those mentioning Ronnie lets not get carried away, we where :censored: when he was here, it was crap football and not many where happy

he currently manages a team at the top of the league but there is a long way to go and he was sacked twice (once by his current club) before his little bit of "success" this season

Having said that all this team needs is someone with his organisational skills who will get a team working!

I only see one tosser in your post.

Yeah the football under Ronnie wasn't the best, but if i remember rightly he came in helped us avoid relegation, then in his 1st full season we finished just outside the play offs. I thought then and i still think now he should have been given longer. Dickov has a terrible record yet he's still in his job yet both Moore and Sheridan who had pretty much decent records were sacked, although Sheridan's sacking was probably more to do with non footballing reasons.

Yeah the football under Ronnie wasn't the best, but if i remember rightly he came in helped us avoid relegation, then in his 1st full season we finished just outside the play offs. I thought then and i still think now he should have been given longer. Dickov has a terrible record yet he's still in his job yet both Moore and Sheridan who had pretty much decent records were sacked, although Sheridan's sacking was probably more to do with non footballing reasons.

not disputing any of that but people where not happy with Ronnie and thats why he was sacked, Im sure if we all knew how it would turn out then we would do it differently, Hindsights a ..........

If he could afford to sack Dickov as well as his staff, I'd hope he would. He can't afford to sack him, bring a whole new backroom team in and pay off Taggart et al., so we have this halfway house. Although he's not got much support on here, there haven't been too many dissenting voices at games yet, and therefore Corney hasn't felt forced to take the hit financially. That's my reading of the situation, but I stand to be corrected by anyone in the know. I'm only speculating but I see no reason given results and performances why Dickov would have had the time he's had over the last couple of years other than Corney's finances being stretched.

Well at least his tactics got results unlike the shower of :censored: we have now!

not disputing any of that but people where not happy with Ronnie and thats why he was sacked, Im sure if we all knew how it would turn out then we would do it differently, Hindsights a ..........

Saved us from relegation, and guided us to just outside the playoffs in his first full season, and signed quality players like Wellens, Porter, Beckett, Liddell, and gave Eardley and Taylor their breakthrough. His sacking is glossed over because Shez did actually get us into the playoffs, despite us being in free fall by the end. Ronnie on the other hand, who knows, maybe we could have got that top spot or second place under him with the team he was building, as I imagine he'd have signed Beckett where Shez preferred Maheta Malango. And between Porter and Beckett we'd have had a 40+ goals strong front two.