Barry..

Well said 100.. I have emailed Barry personally, for two reasons:

1. To assure him that such comments are not the view of the majority, and to enquire as to his health - he hasn't been well himself, I believe?

2. Hopefully, I constructively got my own views across

I've worked with Gordon a bit (when I used to sponsor games through my business - and before anybody says why not now, health and finances preclude it) and a nicer fella could not be found - ditto for Barry!

Personal abuse shouldn't EVER be tolerated - we all feel the frustration, find a more constructive way to vent it mcvitieman

For goodness sake the abusive remarks are well out of order. Barry can't win whatever he does and neither could anyone else. You don't have to agree with all he does none of us can manage that but do know Barry well enough to know he doesnt deserve the :censored: being vented / spouted on here everytime a bunch of failing footballers stuff up.

Thankless task but the abuse is crazy.

I agree, criticism is one thing, but personal abuse is out of order.

I thought Barry came across well in recent interview regarding the youth development scheme, and the fact is he did check the views of fans on this website.

mcvitieman, you should be ashamed of yourself, personal attacks on people who are doing their best to get the club through this extremely tough passage in our history benefits no one. What level have we sunk to when one day we have big Gordon on here upset by comments made about the coverage of the commentary from Coventry, then the very next day we have Barry Owen fending off insults directed at him. Our club is being kept alive by people such as these two, and the flack that they have to endure must sicken them to the core. I dont kid myself that things are far from rosie, but witch hunts against individuals who are doing far more for the club than most contributors on here is shameful.

Amen to all of those. I wanted to respond to mcvitieknob (sorry for the insult) last night, but was so angry that a fan's message board could be used for such a vitriolic attack on someone who the accuser probably doesn't know, I would probably have been banned for what I wanted to post.

Also, as mentioned previously, to see Gordon so upset at posts is just not acceptable. I feel for Barry, Gordon and all when all some can do is lambaste them whenever possible.

There is something rotten in amongst the hard core, genuine fans and, at times, has made me wonder about being part of OWTB. But the vast majority are a bloody good bunch with the interests and future of the club at heart. It is because of those that I stay, as most are well informed, post well and do so often with great humour.

Whilst there will always be differences of opinion on the merits/demerits of club and its personnel, for Christ's sake do it in a responsible and adult manner. There is no place on here for the attacks on Barry and Gordon. Even less so for those that post them.

I'm not sure that the abuse Gordon responded to was in any way personal.

People paying their hard earned cash for a service, branded Latics, expect that service to be delivered. Gordon was merely the unfortunate employee working his knackers off to find the best solution he could. Stuck in the middle - anybody who liaises with customers will know the feeling.

While I think Barry deserves to be challenged and should be more vocal about what he does and how fans benefit, the personal nature of the post above is clearly out of order.

There's no personal attack on Gordon anywhere on here, just the pathetic amateurish way the club conducts it's media affairs. The Media team are only as good as their tools and fair enough Coventry let them down, but what's the excuse when we're at home?

What's the excuse regarding the website? Everyone else has now got their house in order. Sick of the excuses this club trots out time and again, there was a time I would swallow it all hook line and sinker now I have no sympathy, when people are paying for a product they deserve to receive what they pay for, not a rehashed half-arsed attempt.

It's never the club's fault, if you ran an external business like OAFC has been run over the last 10 years it would have folded years ago. When is the club going to help itself to try and move forward? We need to move away from this 'can't do' attitude that permeates every level of Oldham Athletic - even the fans and try to move forward….

Sick of excuses….

There's no personal attack on Gordon anywhere on here, just the pathetic amateurish way the club conducts it's media affairs. The Media team are only as good as their tools and fair enough Coventry let them down, but what's the excuse when we're at home?

What's the excuse regarding the website? Everyone else has now got their house in order. Sick of the excuses this club trots out time and again, there was a time I would swallow it all hook line and sinker now I have no sympathy, when people are paying for a product they deserve to receive what they pay for, not a rehashed half-arsed attempt.

It's never the club's fault, if you ran an external business like OAFC has been run over the last 10 years it would have folded years ago. When is the club going to help itself to try and move forward? We need to move away from this 'can't do' attitude that permeates every level of Oldham Athletic - even the fans and try to move forward….

Sick of excuses….

Totally agree sir, I just see a lack of pride within the place.

The half finished paint job on the Chaddy roof, leaky guttering, broken seats, terrible PA system, the lack of a scoreboard.

I'm not sure that the abuse Gordon responded to was in any way personal.

People paying their hard earned cash for a service, branded Latics, expect that service to be delivered. Gordon was merely the unfortunate employee working his knackers off to find the best solution he could. Stuck in the middle - anybody who liaises with customers will know the feeling.

While I think Barry deserves to be challenged and should be more vocal about what he does and how fans benefit, the personal nature of the post above is clearly out of order.

There was no personal abuse of Gordon or Roy, we all appreciate they provide a first class commentary service while using second class technology and facilities.

There was no personal abuse of Gordon or Roy, we all appreciate they provide a first class commentary service while using second class technology and facilities.

i disagree with the personal abuse but I also disagree they provide first class commentary.

Roy might aswell be recorded - "the ref's a homer", "they're diving everywhere", "they're kicking us all over the park", "we're hard done by" repeat to fade.......... EVERY SINGLE GAME.

we never have any true idea of what's really happening.

i disagree with the personal abuse but I also disagree they provide first class commentary.

Roy might aswell be recorded - "the ref's a homer", "they're diving everywhere", "they're kicking us all over the park", "we're hard done by" repeat to fade.......... EVERY SINGLE GAME.

we never have any true idea of what's really happening.

It all adds to the excitement Harry, I think they do a first class job under often adverse circumstances.

Mind you Stuart Pyke took some beating for enthusiasm.

Edited by BP1960