Mvoto

Grounds

Simpson

Wes

Baxter

M'Changama

Smith

Taylor

But there really should be places up for grabs, at right back I'm expecting Wabara to play but I think Brown has done enough to try and prove himself ahead of Liverpool. The biggest question is any of the midfield positions. I think Croft hasn't done enough to earn a place and while others may disagree I think Simpson played well enough on Saturday and against Forest to earn a place in the XI. Sutherland is in contention but I'm not sold on him being ready to start games yet. I've shoe-horned M'Changama in on the left because of how he played on Saturday, I'd probably rather have him in centre-mid alongside Baxter and Wes should wait his turn but not convinced about anyone else on the left side.

The most obvious move for Dickov to make is to play an orthodox front two of Smith and Taylor with Baxter pulling the strings in midfield. Failing to do this and playing Smith up on his own again will go further to proving his critics right.

Strange one this, if he picks kids in place of some of the regulars and they produce a resounding win, would he discard them against Liverpool ?

If the seniors fail abysmally does he play kids against Liverpool ?

Edited by BP1960

change of formation perhaps, never happen under wee dickie, but we could go:

boozy

wabara tarky byrne grounds

wes

changy mellor

jose

smith taylor

had enough of croft and simpson, no point playing wide players who are not natural wide players and are slow and fat!!!

3 in middle, jose free role

Bouzanis

Wabara

Byrne

M'Voto

Brown

Sutherland

Wesolowski

M'Changama

Grounds

Baxter

Taylor

M'Changama, I feel, has to play and he's much more efficient in centre mid than on the left wing (although he's still a good player there). Dickov won't change his 4-4-1-1 but Taylor HAS to start because he is a mobile striker who suits our style of play far more than Smith. If he insists on starting Smith, Taylor has to start alongside him, drop Baxter to CM and M'Changama to the bench/LW (and put Grounds LB, Brown bench) - that would also work as the two have a good potential partnership.

But PLEASE have at least one of the CMs pushing forward to supplement the attack, and the tactics made to suit the striker(s) we have on the pitch.

Boozy

wabara tarky mvoto grounds

sutherland wes changy mellor

Baxter

smith

Give smith a go with two wide men who are constantly aiming to cross the ball. sutherland should be able to beat a man for pace and hit an area with the cross... mellor doesn't need to beat a man with his left foot. With mellor on the left gives grounds chance to bomb on and try to get changy as close to Baxter as possible... wishful thinking.

We can't keep playing four in midfield, sitting deep in the centre, when we have no pace.

We have to play through our main assets at the no - Baxter and Smith.

It has to be 4-3-3 for me, Baxter behind Smith and Taylor.

If we put Baxter in centre-mid and the wide players have stormers, fair play.

But if they don't, the opposition will just bully Baxter out the game and we'll be screwed.

For me, he has to go in the 'hole' where he can drift, avoid being man-marked, and still have the cover behind him

Bouzanis

Brown Mvoto Byrne Wabara

Grounds Wes M'Changama

Baxter Simpson

Taylor

stop filling the team with defensive formations and go for it. .....can't be any worse than recent formations.

Can't believe you'd drop Smith for that lazy git Simpson.......apart from Forest and Sheff. U., he has done nothing this season........oh, sorry, got that wrong......he's wandered about trying to wind the opposition up and committing niggly fouls. If he starts tonight, he'll have a blinder just to play himself into Sunday's starting 11 and then back to tossing around on the pitch.