the bounce back!

There is no doubt that Sundays game was epic! The 'magic of the cup' was alive at BP. Sat in the middle of Madrid (with a load of Scouse fans) I had a smile from ear to ear, but also saddened that I couldn't make the game.

This game really needs to be the turning point. If we gave 70% of the effort we gave on Sunday in the league games, we would be a force. I honestly believe we have some of the best players in the division (Baxter, Furman, Croft, M'voto, Simpson), but we are in desperate need of some confidence. Well, sure Sunday was it!!! We all give PD a hard time because of x, y and z, but the players really need to man up now and take games to teams and control from start to finish with a passion and intensity to win.

I hope this can kick start the season. If we go down I feel there is no return!!

Like the spirited performance by a young team against Chelsea in '99, this should be the catalyst to survive. It may go down to the wire but we have shown we are good enough to stay in this league. Unlocking the home form is key as 3 wins all season at BP has been the reason for us struggling and 8 defeats already, is simply not good enough. Take off the shackles PD and show teams that to beat us at BP you'll have to score a minimum of 3 or 4 to get a draw. Most teams if they go 1 or 2 down early doors in this league throw in the towel. Let's get at teams from the off...

Like the spirited performance by a young team against Chelsea in '99, this should be the catalyst to survive. It may go down to the wire but we have shown we are good enough to stay in this league. Unlocking the home form is key as 3 wins all season at BP has been the reason for us struggling and 8 defeats already, is simply not good enough. Take off the shackles PD and show teams that to beat us at BP you'll have to score a minimum of 3 or 4 to get a draw. Most teams if they go 1 or 2 down early doors in this league throw in the towel. Let's get at teams from the off...

Is it any surprise that all 3 goals on Sunday came either directly or indirectly from crosses. We're playing a 6ft 6 centre forward FFS it's not rocket science. How many crosses do we get in during an average L1 game? Not many. Play to Smith's strengths and we've seen what can happen.

I agree if we go down it would be very dificult to return without spending money that we dont have!

My fear (and I hope I'm wrong) is that PD can't motivate his players for the league matches and that could well see us doomed to league 2.

Surely, as men, they can motivate themselves.Do they want to lose PD. There was pride there on Sunday. More of the same please

I agree if we go down it would be very dificult to return without spending money that we dont have!

My fear (and I hope I'm wrong) is that PD can't motivate his players for the league matches and that could well see us doomed to league 2.

This is why it would make sense to sack him after Walsall or possibly after Yeovil. If we drop back to our regular league form straight away then it shows that the players are only motivated to play well in the "important" games. Frankly players don't need to be motivated by a manager to play well in games like Sunday, the next 2 matches are going to be the type of games we'll play most of the time for the rest of the season, so by Tuesday at the latest we'll know if Dickov isn't the man to get us to league safety.

Of course the players have a responsibility to keep up the standard from Sunday but by this this time next week it will be much easier to sack the manager than to make wholesale changes to the squad to make an impact on our season.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

We're only 21 points off the playoffs.

Get Wellens in and a striker and we'll piss that

like it

we need another stiker who can play alongside smith if hes going to keep his place in the team for me somewith some pace who can stretch teams a little we can then play baxter in midfield and hopefully between smith holding the ball or AN Other stretching teams he will have more time to get into the last 3rd. Against liverpool Andy Townsend was encouraging us to keep the pressure on turn them round - that what we dont do enough we dont play in the oppositions last 3rd enough and we dont supply enough quality crosses

Edited by bluehobbit

The players definitely have to take some responsibility and reproduce the intensity and desire they showed on Sunday.

They should realise the predicament we're in and put in the same grafting performance in the remaining league fixtures.

I would be massively disappointed now if the performances drop back to recent efforts......here's hoping!

The players definitely have to take some responsibility and reproduce the intensity and desire they showed on Sunday.

They should realise the predicament we're in and put in the same grafting performance in the remaining league fixtures.

I would be massively disappointed now if the performances drop back to recent efforts......here's hoping!

Agreed if the players have ambition to experience more days like Liverpool then they have to show that kind of desire in every game. If they apply themselves in exactly the same way then they will pull clear of relegation with something to spare. Theyve set themselves standards and shown what they do if they really apply themsleves every single minute of every single game they can achieve pretty much whatever they want in this league.

in 2005 we beat Man City and Adam Griffin had Shaun wright Phillips in his pocket within 12 month he was out of the club and well on his to non league football he is now captain of Hyde FC. Just because they have beaten Liverpool does not mean they are going to stay up.

So lets not have a hangover on saturday boys go and show the same desire and application you did last week the Everton game will come around soon enough. Because if they don't a new manager will come in and might not show the same faith in them that Dickov has and they might be out the door and on the dole.