Atmoshpere

As good as the atmosphere was on Sunday (and it came across great on TV)....just how rockin' would the Lookers have been if still up. For those of you who never watched from there, for all its frailties......it was a place of fantastic atmosphere for the most part. I miss that part of Latics......looking back, something much bigger than the stand was lost the day they decided to pull it down.

As good as the atmosphere was on Sunday (and it came across great on TV)....just how rockin' would the Lookers have been if still up. For those of you who never watched from there, for all its frailties......it was a place of fantastic atmosphere for the most part. I miss that part of Latics......looking back, something much bigger than the stand was lost the day they decided to pull it down.

You're dead right there Tony....going to the match has never been quite the same since they knocked down the Lookers. I've been in all the other stands since and honestly haven't seen many of the old familiar faces. For a lot of fans it was a final excuse not to go anymore and I just hope that if and when the new stand is built they will all be tempted back.

Our cup exploits of the late eighties were the springboard for the best period in our history and although we'll probably never reach those dizzy heights again, with a good result against Everton and a few more kudos in the kitty who knows where we'll be this time next season.

Row A45 with some fat bloater sharing my seat, pushing me into the aisle! Brian Batty was the steward, if I remember correctly? I can remember him getting so excited in a cup game once (against Notts County), he had a bloody heart-attack! Can't really go now cos of my health problems, but I do miss it - look for the red-circle around the Latique sign - photo appeared in one of the Stewart Beckett books.

latics-stand.jpg