Everton to get whole of Rochdale Road End?

Whilst it is annoying that GMP have had to put their two penneth in, its about time something was done to sort out the 'chav' problem in the rre. There is a minority of little cherubs who have seen football factory one to many times and think its all a laugh. I hope we dont give everton the whole of the rre as it will give them more atmosphere, but this isnt the first time we have heard about issues in that end of the ground. This also again opens up the debate about where the home fans should be and I really hope that next season the chaddy is the away end and the rre is the home end. The rre has better sound, a an unbloked view, better facilities etc.. It will also end the issue of how many tickets we give to away fans as every team will get the same

The word chav is an extremely offensive word.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In the interest of public safety, United got 11% of the ground at City in the cup last season.

In the interest of public safety United got less than we did at Anfield last season (13% compared with 14%).

In the interest of public safety Everton are due to receive 36-40% of BP. That GMP is absolute bollocks it should be Everton not Oldham missing out.

Give Everton the small section, cordon off some seats in the large section so the police don't get arsey and there will be no trouble!

It will be the biggest home game for years and there will be more trouble by giving Everton 4600 seats! Sounds like the club are standing firm already but I really hope they have a backbone in this!

What a load of cobblers GMP!........I was in the RRE against Liverpool and the atmosphere was superb. It will be a big loss to latics if we stop home support going in there.

Latics need to make a stand on this ( if it's in their hands )

We're trying to attract new or lapsed fans not piss them off!

Could the answer be a temporary stand?

Corney said that he contemplated one for the Liverpool match but the terracing where the Lookers once was is uneven which makes a temporary stand difficult to build fast enough.

Also, as with all new stands, there has to be a test where a certain amount fit into the stand so to make sure it is safe for use. We wouldn't have much time to get some sort of test before the match, it would create logistical problems, too, with ITV cameras etc.

In short, I can't see it happening.

This is a joke. How on earth was the pitch invasion caused by the smaller number of away fans in the ground or the home fans in the small section of the RRE? Two completely unrelated situations which GMP have jumped on to make their life easier. Or maybe Everton are pushing this to get a bigger allocation?

Give them the small section and be done with it. If we need to give them 15%, 1600 (is that what the small section holds?) is about right. Once we've taken out a block of seats to further segregate the fans, it'll be more than 15% anyway.

1600/15*100 = 10666.

Edited by bossrocks

Could the answer be a temporary stand?

No, the answer is the club telling GMP to shove their ideas where the sun dont shine. Last Sunday was a great atmosphere, if this stupid idea goes ahead we are going to kill it. How much trouble was there? The majority manage to watch the game and get along with a bit of banter that is part of what football is about.

All the idiots who ran on the pitch must shoulder the lion's share of the blame, was it worth it? Not only did they make us look like a bunch of knob head supporters but they also stopped the players celebrating with the fans.

The club are also culpable if the allegations that the knowingly allowed opposing fans to buy tickets in the home stands, is correct?

I would suggest that extra police and more competent stewarding will suffice, this is however an added expense that the club would have to stomach. It'd be interesting to see how Corney and co react, reduce the amount of home supporters and face a massive backlash or increase policing costs?

I still can't make any sense of it all anyway!

Do the police have any statutory powers here? Of course they can advise but can they legally force us to take a particular course of action?

They could say it's an unsafe event and cancel it. But that would be soft to say the least.

They could also charge us for hundreds of extra officers.

They need to be held to account here. Both outcomes would be taking the piss.

All the idiots who ran on the pitch must shoulder the lion's share of the blame, was it worth it? Not only did they make us look like a bunch of knob head supporters but they also stopped the players celebrating with the fans.

The club are also culpable if the allegations that the knowingly allowed opposing fans to buy tickets in the home stands, is correct?

I would suggest that extra police and more competent stewarding will suffice, this is however an added expense that the club would have to stomach. It'd be interesting to see how Corney and co react, reduce the amount of home supporters and face a massive backlash or increase policing costs?

I still can't make any sense of it all anyway!

fail to see how you can think like this, sheer jubilation is what propelled most onto the pitch. How can you expect fans not to want to run onto the pitch to hug their heroes?

I didn't go on the pitch myself but do you not understand that the pitch invasion by the fans is just an EXCUSE for the police to give Everton the full end?

There is no reason why they shouldn't give us it again because there was a harmless pitch invasion, they're taking us from the RRE because it suits themselves and aren't doing their duty of serving the people as they should.

The solutions are easy but none so easy as pushing about a small football club. That's what they're doing, they're bullying Oldham into justifying giving Everton the whole RRE.

Idiots. Surely having more Everton fans would make it worse if there was trouble.

The great Oldham:Everton rivalry, just like Leeds:Millwall. We are hardly likely to cause trouble.

We all know that, but the big knobs in their ivory towers haven't got a effing clue.

fail to see how you can think like this, sheer jubilation is what propelled most onto the pitch. How can you expect fans not to want to run onto the pitch to hug their heroes?

if I need to explain it then I guess you think it's ok to do what they did!

First of all it's illegal, lack of self restraint...kids you could kinda understand but there were middle aged men on there!

I was full of sheer jubilation but never once thought of running onto the pitch!

if I need to explain it then I guess you think it's ok to do what they did!

First of all it's illegal, lack of self restraint...kids you could kinda understand but there were middle aged men on there!

I was full of sheer jubilation but never once thought of running onto the pitch!

personally I do condone what they did, more so than what they do at the end of every season.