Dowie? OR not?

Club not confirming but Oldham have made an offer to a manager. I understand it is Iain Dowie #oafc #latics

(BBC NW sports reporter on Twitter)

FREE TIP TO FOLLOWERS - Iain Dowie will be the new Oldham manager #oafc Still 5/6 at the bookies, free money basically

(Some other sports journalist)

Club not confirming but Oldham have made an offer to a manager. I understand it is Iain Dowie #oafc #latics

(BBC NW sports reporter on Twitter)

FREE TIP TO FOLLOWERS - Iain Dowie will be the new Oldham manager #oafc Still 5/6 at the bookies, free money basically

(Some other sports journalist)

Now 2/5.

I've heard this said everytime we get a new manager its one of the best cliche's XYZ won't stand for any crap yet what happens we employ a new manager and we go round in circles. What happens when you give players instructions and they don't carry them out and lose the game give them a bollocking. Then next game you don't carry them out so what do you do drop them next game the new players come in and don't carry out your instructions give them a bollocking. Then the next game they fail and you have knowone to turn too, what do you do then?

Lets face it do people honestly assume that just before christmas Pau Dickov turned round to this squad and said tell you what lads go out and take 1 point from the next 9 games but turn up in the cup though. Do we also honestly think that after each defeat he turned round to them and said "bad luck lads maybe next time, its alright I don't care if I get sacked I didn't want the job anyway"

Its one thing having a plan its another thing executing it. My boss at work spoke to the kit man at Wigan he said the big difference between players in the premier league and the lower divisions is their ability to take on instructions. Dowie last time worked with alot of quality the likes of Eyres, Armstrong, Hall, Hill, Murray, Wyhnard. These guys had the ability and would have taken on board what was being said to them, he wouldn't have that this time it would be a very different scenario.

Now for what its worth I actually think that Iain Dowie could potentially galvanise the club and the players ceratinly if he brought in a John Harbin type character alongside him he's certainly our best post Joe Royle manager, but I'd also be very cautious as I would not anticipate the same kind of scenario this time round.

Best post on an possible Dowie appointment yet IMO.

I would welcome him back no doubt - but there is absolutely no gurentee that he'll be able to replicate what he managed last time....