friend for a fiver - Turnstyle Bullshit!

I was offered a ff5 voucher by my mate for the last home game when paying to get my voucher for Liverpool tickets, I used the voucher without issue in the main stand paddock and got my ticket stub

Tried to do the same today whic was accepted but the turnstyle operator would not hand over the voucher for Everton tickets as I had only paid a fiver and according to him if I wanted my Everton stub I had to pay the full whack

Now I have mentioned on here I pay every home game but things are liitle tight at the moment so the voucher was my life saver when wanting to go to extra games such as Everton and Liverpool

Now people told me in the stand that someone else had used that a voucher today and was let in just fine and got his ticket stub, so did I just get a turnstyle hitler or has the club actually announced that ff5 vouchers can only be used when we are not playing anyone in the cup next game? I :censored:in doubt it!

The fact that the voucher was good and could be used to watch the game but not good enough to get me a voucher which only entitles me to pay another 25 quid to the club again not to get a ticket! :censored:!!!!!

After paying week in week out to watch the :censored: thats been produced this season, I am :censored:in fuming today when I shouldnt be - a day that I enjoyed the game, we played well and got the result

Edited by palmer1

no, you pay on the door you get the stub

you pick up tickets early you get a stub or whatever they say the protocol is.

Friend for a fiver is paying on the door, which they accepted but would not give me a stub, they did give them to others who used the voucher - cant see any grey areas myself.

Think I heard that conversation, can I say to the OP you didn't do yourself any favours with the "It was OK last time" (+ repeat) tactic. The operator was a bit of a jobs worth though; there are a fair few turnstile operators on here too so perhaps it was an instruction from on high.

You had time to try a different turnstile too, but can't remember if that is the only turnstile for that bit of the paddock.

Think I heard that conversation, can I say to the OP you didn't do yourself any favours with the "It was OK last time" (+ repeat) tactic. The operator was a bit of a jobs worth though; there are a fair few turnstile operators on here too so perhaps it was an instruction from on high.

You had time to try a different turnstile too, but can't remember if that is the only turnstile for that bit of the paddock.

To be fair, if it was an instruction from above then it should have been highlighted in the releases about tivketing for both the Everton and MK Dons games.

Yeah I did do a liitle of that but I was in shock that he would accept the fiver to let me in but then when I said can I have my token please he just point blank refused saying you have to pay £19 if you want one without any explanation, he just kept saying no

I did mention it a few times haha that it was ok the last time but I also asked him why as there was nothing on the website and I asked what was the difference between this and last time was? He had no answer and just kept saying no which was very frustarting especially as I was aware of the que building behind me

I asked him who said it was not allowed for this game and he told me that they had all been told by the club which shocked the old boy in the seat next to him because the look he gave was one of complete shock.

I said it was a :censored:in disgrace and wanted to say a lot more than that and bit my lip, I realise its not his fault and I regret swearing at him but I was angry

it is the only turnstyle to get into that paddock unless you are a junior (i could be wrong) I use it every week but to find out there was other supporters who had used the voucher in the same paddock and all was fine pisses me off.

I do think sometimes we are too Man United when on a cup run. Wheras we should be more Stalybridge Celtic.

Basically we tend to go a bit Billy big balls and should sort our fans at the turnstyle.

Where are the extra 4,000 who were at the game against Liverpool and who will come against Everton???

And those of you who bring them (and they won't turn up to league games) should be ashamed of yourselves!

I do think sometimes we are too Man United when on a cup run. Wheras we should be more Stalybridge Celtic.

Basically we tend to go a bit Billy big balls and should sort our fans at the turnstyle.

Where are the extra 4,000 who were at the game against Liverpool and who will come against Everton???

And those of you who bring them (and they won't turn up to league games) should be ashamed of yourselves!

Better to have 4000 empty seats or an extra 4000 Everton fans at BP?

Better to have 4000 empty seats or an extra 4000 Everton fans at BP?

Dont get me wrong daz, I would rather fill the ground.

What I mean is there are Latics fans that can be tempted back and there are UNITED fans who don't give a :censored:.

Don't let them have their 1 Latics day out each year.................... because I would much rather sit next to an empty seat!

Palmer - why didn't you just pay £20 for this game and then use the friend for £5 for your next league game?

I can't see why any regular would have a major problem with this.

On the other hand a ST holder who gives a friend a couple fo friend for £5 vouchers for the 2 games that get a liverpool & everton ticket voucher is not really doing the club many favours.

Dont get me wrong daz, I would rather fill the ground.

What I mean is there are Latics fans that can be tempted back and there are UNITED fans who don't give a :censored:.

Don't let them have their 1 Latics day out each year.................... because I would much rather sit next to an empty seat!

You know what in some ways I'd rather a semi-neutral like a red or a bitter came and admitted it was a one-off, instead of those "die hard" latics fans who go to a couple of aways on the booze train, never miss an everton away and didn't miss liverpool at home and want to get in for everton at home, but otherwise haven't been to BP for 5 years.

Maybe there's more chance of a red who doesn't go to OT seeing the value in a ST at £13 odd a game and actaully buying one?

Edited by real

Palmer - why didn't you just pay £20 for this game and then use the friend for £5 for your next league game?

I can't see why any regular would have a major problem with this.

On the other hand a ST holder who gives a friend a couple fo friend for £5 vouchers for the 2 games that get a liverpool & everton ticket voucher is not really doing the club many favours.

Because this month I bought 2 wedding rings and paid the registrar for my wedding. I was hoping to maybe save a little money and maybe miss a home game due to finances. I didnt want that to be the Everton game for obvious reasons and thats why I was there today.

It is all down to finances for me at the moment, as happy as I am we got Liverpool and now Everton its just typical that its happening in a month in which I paying out a great deal of cash eslewhere.

The club will get my money every week anyway but it would have just helped me to pay the fiver today, I will use it next game as you say but in a few weeks time money may be easier to come by for me

but..........................if it does the club no favours then maybe the club should not put them in season tickets!

Edited by palmer1

You know what in some ways I'd rather a semi-neutral like a red or a bitter came and admitted it was a one-off, instead of those "die hard" latics fans who go to a couple of aways on the booze train, never miss an everton away and didn't miss liverpool at home and want to get in for everton at home, but otherwise haven't been to BP for 5 years.

Maybe there's more chance of a red who doesn't go to OT seeing the value in a ST at £13 odd a game and actaully buying one?

Great in theory.

Please be honest here, do you know anyone who has switched from Man U to Latics in their lifetime? The sort who would queue for hours for a match ticket?

Because this month I bought 2 wedding rings and paid the registrar for my wedding. I was hoping to maybe save a little money and maybe miss a home game due to finances. I didnt want that to be the Everton game for obvious reasons and thats why I was there today.

It is all down to finances for me at the moment, as happy as I am we got Liverpool and now Everton its just typical that its happening in a month in which I paying out a great deal of cash eslewhere.

The club will get my money every week anyway but it would have just helped me to pay the fiver today, I will use it next game as you say but in a few weeks time money may be easier to come by for me

but..........................if it does the club no favours then maybe the club should not put them in season tickets!

They can see you are a fan and we are :censored: all without the few thousand who turn up each week.

They should be more than accomodating!

Great in theory.

Please be honest here, do you know anyone who has switched from Man U to Latics in their lifetime? The sort who would queue for hours for a match ticket?

Hands up time, 45 years ago I switched from red to blue (I was 7 all my mates supported United but my heart wasn't in it, dont regret it ever I love OAFC)

Hands up time, 45 years ago I switched from red to blue (I was 7 all my mates supported United but my heart wasn't in it, dont regret it ever I love OAFC)

Fair play disjointed.

I think it happened more frequently years ago when ManUre were not live on TV week in week out.

It is so much easier to be a United or City fan these days.

They can go in the local boozer, have a few beers and watch more of their team than us ST holders watch ours!

Cool. I just had a thought if you used the FF£5 from a mates ST then it should have the ST number on it. Perhaps a nice email to our supporters liaison person who is also our chief marketing person asking for clarification quoting the reference number might get you the jump in the queue that other people who paid in today got.

Sorry that was meant to be a reply to your reply of my post

Edited by rudemedic

Fair play disjointed.

I think it happened more frequently years ago when ManUre were not live on TV week in week out.

It is so much easier to be a United or City fan these days.

They can go in the local boozer, have a few beers and watch more of their team than us ST holders watch ours!

Have to agree, pop down to your local sports shop buy a shirt/scarf/teddy, then either go to the pub or subscribe to twatty Murdoch, been a fan all my life. Well get a life you tossers. (sorry irate rant)

My dad is a city fan, so I was a city fan, sort of, but he only took me to a couple of games. when i was 18 I went to latics with some mates....

oh and another mate's mum is a red. but she never goes. she supports latics instead and has a ST.