Team for Everton

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going for "A winning one" whoever plays should give everything and hope we click on the day. Everton are a good side but beatable. Even a draw is no disaster. Nothing to lose a lot to gain. Wondering if the manager situation will be left till after this game?

A draw would be a great result!!

The biggest questions over team selection for me are whether Furman comes back in and whether we stick with Tarky.

Tarky has the makings of a good player, he is vocal and he can spot a pass, sometimes it doesn't come off but i can live with that, he picked up a great run by i think it was Obita, 40 yard right on the money, a work in progress. The plus side to starting him is Byrne on the sidelines coaching, and if we need him to come on he can cover CB or RB.

Never change a winning team.

Unless you can make it better.

To be honest, starting with Barnard and Iwelomu, getting a goal up, and then switching them to a fit Smith and Simpson would be great.

Still got concerns around Connor Brown, but I prefer him at RB to Byrne.

My instinct would be Bryrne ahead of Tarky at CB but Tarky's display yesterday deserves consideration.

Midfield four unchanged. Sorry Dean.

I'd replace brown with furman . Furman to link up with croft down the right and nullify baines . Calming influence also .

I don't recollect Furman ever playing right back before and his sideways passing would put the team in a lot of trouble around the penalty area, besides why would TP show faith in Brown then drop him after a decent performance ?

Was it decent? I didnt think it was. Far from it in fact. Baines and Pienarr are going to have a field day against him

Yes it's only my opinion, but I thought he was decent and he improved as his confidence grew, and in fact it could be the opposite - Croft and Brown might cause them problems going forward.

I suspect some of the Everton players are getting a bit jaded as they have played virtually the same team all season, and maybe now is just the right time to have a go at them.