Another Chance For ST Holders

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody great. Was going tomorrow to get tickets having time of work to do so looks like we wont be going now if I cant get time off work. Why change things at sucha late date.

Were they supposed to be on open sale tomorrow?

Speak to the club, I'm sure they'll accommodate you if you've booked time off

yes they were going on open sale tomorrow.

Leaving it a bit late in the day to rearrange selling details arent they. We couldnt get the match on Saturday so was going to get them on open sale tomorrow. Looks like STH will snap up the remaining tickets.

That's bonkers. So ST holders can now get extra tickets for their friends and family (who may now be unable to sit next to them anyway because those tickets have been sold) but you can't get a ticket tomorrow if you're a non-ST holder.

I'd also expect this will cause more queues on the day for tickets as gives one day less for many to have them posted out if ordered by telephone and probably makes it not worth the risk as, if the post is one day late, you may be up against time.

Set up a scheme and stick with it. Bonkers.

Edited by jsslatic

Does having a childs season ticket enable me to buy 2 adults tickets and one childs tomorrow. Dont want to travel 50 miles and 50 miles back and have time of work if I cant. Bloody shambles again Latics. Stick to your original selling details!!

That's bonkers. So ST holders can now get extra tickets for their friends and family (who may now be unable to sit next to them anyway because those tickets have been sold) but you can't get a ticket tomorrow if you're a non-ST holder.

I'd also expect this will cause more queues on the day for tickets as gives one day less for many to have them posted out if ordered by telephone and probably makes it not worth the risk as, if the post is one day late, you may be up against time.

Set up a scheme and stick with it. Bonkers.

I think its probably because most Latics fans without ST/match vouchers will know someone with a ST and will use theirs to get a ticket, thus stopping Everton fans from turning up and buying on open sale.

Just phoned the club and panic over (for me anyway not others) I can buy 2 adult tickets and a childs ticket with my nephews season ticket book.

Still not on though for people taking time of work to get tickets tomorrow and then told they cant.

Club are damned if they do damned if they don't there's obviously been intelligence of a possible infiltration of the home ends - the club turned a bit of a blind eye to local Liverpool fans but many of these Evertonians may be a different animal. Given the trouble we've had previously with then at BP albeit years ago we need to make sure these tickets go into the right hands

Edited by oafcprozac

Either

a. Not that many season ticket holders have picked up a ticket

b. The club have thought. "only 1200 vouchers are on sale from the MK Game - lets fill the place with extra Oldham fans rather than everton fans"

I've got a day off work to get tickets tomorrow. I have one voucher from the MK Dons game but I want two tickets.

I won't be able to get there on any other day than tomorrow (as I will be at work and have only booked tomorrow off).

Does this mean I won't be able to get a ticket.

I live in Leeds and can't make Tuesday night games which is why I don't have a season ticket.

I will be pretty annoyed if I have wasted one of my holidays at work because of this.

I've got a day off work to get tickets tomorrow. I have one voucher from the MK Dons game but I want two tickets.

I won't be able to get there on any other day than tomorrow (as I will be at work and have only booked tomorrow off).

Does this mean I won't be able to get a ticket.

I live in Leeds and can't make Tuesday night games which is why I don't have a season ticket.

I will be pretty annoyed if I have wasted one of my holidays at work because of this.

Just get yourself down there with your voucher and tell them what you want.

There was a thread on here the other day linking to an Everton website encouraging Everton fans to buy tickets when they go on sale at BP. Most said the club should do something about it. They have.

Most fans know someone with a season ticket or voucher . Take some ID with an Oldham address (don't put on your best scouse accent though :naughty: ) chances are you'll get something sorted.

It's called common sense. There are less tickets available than there were at this stage for the Liverpool game. The club are obviously acting on intelligence and are taking all reasonable precautions to avoid trouble.

Help the club to help you and you will probably be ok.

Hope that helps.

Just get yourself down there with your voucher and tell them what you want.

There was a thread on here the other day linking to an Everton website encouraging Everton fans to buy tickets when they go on sale at BP. Most said the club should do something about it. They have.

Most fans know someone with a season ticket or voucher . Take some ID with an Oldham address (don't put on your best scouse accent though :naughty: ) chances are you'll get something sorted.

It's called common sense. There are less tickets available than there were at this stage for the Liverpool game. The club are obviously acting on intelligence and are taking all reasonable precautions to avoid trouble.

Help the club to help you and you will probably be ok.

Hope that helps.

I'll give it a go. If they turn me away though I'll rip a stand down brick by brick.

I'll give it a go. If they turn me away though I'll rip a stand down brick by brick.

It might be worth sending the club an email or ringing them up first.

In all honesty the club have really cocked up with this. But I'd guess the mini Latics quiz and the postcode palaver they would have to have done to prevent Everton fans getting tickets tomorrow would have taken too long.

It probably won't be all that effective either and is almost guaranteed to mean some Oldham fan goes tomorrow not knowing that they need to go on Wednesday now.

It might be worth sending the club an email or ringing them up first.

In all honesty the club have really cocked up with this. But I'd guess the mini Latics quiz and the postcode palaver they would have to have done to prevent Everton fans getting tickets tomorrow would have taken too long.

It probably won't be all that effective either and is almost guaranteed to mean some Oldham fan goes tomorrow not knowing that they need to go on Wednesday now.

Absolutely, not everyone has or checks the internet. A day before is too short notice.

Managed to sort my tickets but feel for others.

They really should look to re-introduce a membership scheme from next season... not a membership book but just a card like we had back 89/90 and was hole punched to death !!

£5 should cover it, and plenty would pay that for some priority for big games and only a small figure to lose if there arent any big games.

The sticking point over a membership scheme was that home fans used be able to get in cheaper than the away ans (£1.50-£2) - that was outlawed by the FL but surely a scheme that simply gives priority would work, you could charge £15 a season and give each member a voucher booklet giving them their £15 back along the lines of vouchers in ST books - spend £50 get a tenner off, spend £30 get a fiver off and a couple of 10% vouchers. Perhaps even bring back the advance purchase discount for both home and away fans. Only valid for home fans with their membership card or allow members some sort of discount on away travel....

Make the scheme viable and there will be a take up and the club wins in every way, when people want to use their money off coupons, it's all income. Thus no more excuses of 'I can't get a ticket etc...' Latics fans in London, Scotland or Canada would probably be willing to become a members to do their bit and get priority for the big ages....

Edited by oafcprozac