Another Chance For ST Holders

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The sticking point over a membership scheme was that home fans used be able to get in cheaper than the away ans (£1.50-£2) - that was outlawed by the FL but surely a scheme that simply gives priority would work, you could charge £15 a season and give each member a voucher booklet giving them their £15 back along the lines of vouchers in ST books - spend £50 get a tenner off, spend £30 get a fiver off and a couple of 10% vouchers. Perhaps even bring back the advance purchase discount for both home and away fans. Only valid for home fans with their membership card or allow members some sort of discount on away travel....

Make the scheme viable and there will be a take up and the club wins in every way, when people want to use their money off coupons, it's all income. Thus no more excuses of 'I can't get a ticket etc...' Latics fans in London, Scotland or Canada would probably be willing to become a members to do their bit and get priority for the big ages....

+ discount with local businesses for card holders.

There are security issues why this has been changed and also the fact that we have received numerous calls from season ticket holders that many fans may be able to get hold of more tickets than themselves. This is also a better way of ensuring that Everton fans do not abuse our tickets for the game. With the best will in the world that can occur.

For those who have made special work and other arrangements for tomorrow my advice is to explain this on your arrival at the club. I do not anticipate any problems if you do this.

We can never win in these situations but have done our best given the intelligence in our possession.

Barry

There are security issues why this has been changed and also the fact that we have received numerous calls from season ticket holders that many fans may be able to get hold of more tickets than themselves. This is also a better way of ensuring that Everton fans do not abuse our tickets for the game. With the best will in the world that can occur.

For those who have made special work and other arrangements for tomorrow my advice is to explain this on your arrival at the club. I do not anticipate any problems if you do this.

We can never win in these situations but have done our best given the intelligence in our possession.

Barry

Would prefer 2 or 3,000 empty seats than Everton fans in our ends

Barry I am sure as Barry says turn up tomorrow and you will be sorted. However i think the club could have had more foresight and allowed s/t holders 2 each in the first instance .that way the tickets would have been distributed to bona fide fans and saved a lot of queuing .

They really should look to re-introduce a membership scheme from next season... not a membership book but just a card like we had back 89/90 and was hole punched to death !!

£5 should cover it, and plenty would pay that for some priority for big games and only a small figure to lose if there arent any big games.

A forward thinking non ST holding supporter could buy a kids ST for £10 that would give them all the benefits of being a ST holder without the initial outlay. So essentially it could be used as a members card.

A forward thinking non ST holding supporter could buy a kids ST for £10 that would give them all the benefits of being a ST holder without the initial outlay. So essentially it could be used as a members card.

Good idea if you have and/or know an under 16, as proof of dob is required

There was "intelligence in the clubs possesion" during the sale for the Liverpool game that tickets in the home stands were going to away fans. Mainly the pictures being taken of Liverpool fans purchasing them on the OS. Fans warned of this also and it looks like it has took a fight in the chaddy for the club to realise they made mistakes last time.

If there was supposed to be Everton fans coming over today to snap up tickets then the club have made the right decision, especially if the Latics fans that turn up without a ST wll still be allowed to get some.

Edited by NIKI1234

I think we should look at a membership scheme that includes LaticsPlayer and a few other of the ideas mentioned above including big game ticket priority.

By definition, non season ticket holders aren't likely to be able to go to every game so Latics player is of more use and as an exile I would be more than happy to pay an extra £10-30 over and above the latics player cost for a membership scheme which I know is going straight into the clubs funds

Rang the ticket office at 9.05 and said I believe season ticket holders can get an extra ticket for the Everton game to which the response was 'sorry but I don't know anything about it'

All sorted in the end though and they are being posted out.

Rang the ticket office at 9.05 and said I believe season ticket holders can get an extra ticket for the Everton game to which the response was 'sorry but I don't know anything about it'

All sorted in the end though and they are being posted out.

I went for 3 extra straight after they announced it yesterday when i asked the girl at the window if i could get extra tickets now with my ST she said urm yeah go on then. Obviously didnt have a clue about it but still gave me the tickets and didnt even look at my ST.

The club need to be wary of not giving too many perks with a membership scheme - you might get current season ticket holders deciding to do that instead of buying a season ticket - then the club is shafted come the close season.

Or let ST holders buy into membership scheme too and do priority four ways:

1) ST + members

2) ST only

3) members only

4) plebs/scousers

Seems overkill though!