Team for Stevenage ?

Bouzanis

Brown Tarkowski M'Voto Grounds

Croft Wes Baxter Obita

Smith Barnard

Tarky only because Byrne is needed to help out with TP. Does anyone else feel hard on Furman? Skipper, class act as shown when he came on against Everton, just impossible to get him in the team ahead of Baxter and Wes who have been class

Does anyone else feel hard on Furman?

No. Seems to have struggled for much of the season and whilst I hope he plays to his ability for the remainder, he (understandably) put himsekf into this position by going to play in ACON. However, I also think we've been more effective with just the one holding midfielder.

Only change I would make would be smith for iwelumo. Can't justify dropping anyone to bring furman back in.

Didn't Obita take a heavy knock ?.....and Croft seemed to be limping at the end.

If they didn't play that would that let Simpson and Winchester in ?

If everyone is OK I'd pick the same starting XI as what started against Everton and MK Dons. That is harsh on Simpson, Furman and especially Smith as I thought all 3 played well when they came on. (I think Simpson scores against a League 1 goalie when he was put through by Tarky). But Iwelumo's footballing brain and better ability is going to be a lot more useful against League 1 defenders compared with Smith's added strength/height.

Having genuine options is a decent squad situation to be in for the first time in a while.

I would maybe bring Furman in for Wesolowski but would be tempted to stick with the starting XI from the last 2 games. I dont see where all this negativity towards Iwelumo comes from at all. Thought he looked good vs MK Dons and is clearly experienced and very talkative on the pitch, something we have lacked all season.

Keep the others on the bench but if we bring them on make sure we give them enough time to get into the game not just 5 or 10 minutes at the end.

Iwelumo can talk well and his experience is obvious with his positioning, but he won't move for a ball that's not directly at him and he won't chase anything. It's this lack of desire from too many players under PD that's got us into the mess we're in.

Iwelumo can talk well and his experience is obvious with his positioning, but he won't move for a ball that's not directly at him and he won't chase anything. It's this lack of desire from too many players under PD that's got us into the mess we're in.

I'ts not lack of desire on CIs part, if your legs won't move as fast as your brain tells them there's not a lot you can do,

Bloody hell - we've done pretty well since he came into the side, haven't we?

Same starting 11 as everton, having furman, Simpson and smith as options, makes it the strongest position we have been in for a while, also is there a case for saying league one defenders will handle smith better, whatever its good that TP had options.

I have a feeling Smith will get penalised by the refs a bit more in League 1 sadly when he is up against defenders who are not so used to playing against players of that size on a regular basis.

Bloody hell - we've done pretty well since he came into the side, haven't we?

We have done brilliantly since he came into the side (more to do with TP's organisation than CI's input IMO), and I'm not disputing that his experience can help us out, but I'd start with Smith and use Iwelumo from the bench if required.