Ticket office should take a leaf out of TP's book

You miserable set of boogers the bloke is just happy and suffering from post birth stress syndrome, possibly sleep deprivation and nobody to cook his meals or open his beer. Geez the lad needs a break. The office staff could have said "Congratulations" and made him happy by taking his money to buy the biscuits. Get Gordon to take his picture and get more positive press and a song from the ticket Q. Everyone would still have a ticket.

Completely agree Hallam.

Nobody should be treated as a pain in the arse when they are clearly going to be a long standing customer.

If it was a general moan, fair enough, but this is someone trying to put money in the club.

And my (excellent) email this week from the club is promoting "Creating fans for the future" with an article about Connor Brown and Cliff Byrne.

Sorry Harry, 99.99% of what you write is top notch, but I disagree with you strongly on this one.

Edited by singe

You miserable set of boogers the bloke is just happy and suffering from post birth stress syndrome, possibly sleep deprivation and nobody to cook his meals or open his beer. Geez the lad needs a break. The office staff could have said "Congratulations" and made him happy by taking his money to buy the biscuits. Get Gordon to take his picture and get more positive press and a song from the ticket Q. Everyone would still have a ticket.

Good point Hallam!!!

My first son was was born Monday night, so first job was to send Grandad for his first season ticket yesterday. I was shocked (but the more I think about it it's typical Latics) to find out the ticket office were too busy and that we should try again in a couple of weeks.

Surely this goes against evertything SC is trying to achieve. If only we had two other clubs on our doorstep?!!

On reflection maybe it was a bit insensitive of you, that with all else going on at BP regarding cup tie tickets ect, you didn't hang on a few days until the dust has settled so that the office staff could give you their full attention. Enjoy the new son, dont they make you feel just magic?. Oh and make sure that he "keeps the faith".

Sorry Harry, 99.99% of what you write is top notch, but I disagree with you strongly on this one.

Singe. As a Latics fan there is nothing better than a fan coming up wanting to get their newborn a season ticket or enrolled into Chaddy's gang etc. He wasn't turned away. He wasn't refused a season ticket. He says himself that he was asked to come back in a couple of weeks when the drama has calmed down a bit.

You have to understand that the staff there are run off their feet. They are not having their days off, are working extended hours and again this week a 7 day week. Youth Developments staff are providing helping hands to try to ensure that everything runs as smoothly as possible and by and large most people are being satisfied and not having to wait in long queues (well not until after the match tomorrow and Sunday)

I'm sure that if we lose to Everton then it will be no problem to deal with a ST. In fact I'm sure it will be a pleasure. The only fly in the ointment for him though will be if we beat Everton and have a quarter final against Wigan 11 days later which would mean he would have to wait for another couple of weeks....................................

Unless of course we beat Wigan and go to Wembly for the Semi Final whcih would mean he will have to wait anitehr 3 weeks.................................. unless :first: