Team for Replay

Anyone suggesting that Obita and Iwelumo are dropped are completely clueless about the sport.

What has Iwelumo shown to make us rate him? He's 6 foot odd and built like a brick :censored: house and yet he doesn't use this to any advantage. He hasn't jumped for a ball since he has been with us, at least Matt Smith gives it a try.

What has Iwelumo shown to make us rate him? He's 6 foot odd and built like a brick :censored: house and yet he doesn't use this to any advantage. He hasn't jumped for a ball since he has been with us, at least Matt Smith gives it a try.

:petesake:

If you watch the games he's played in - he doesn't actually need to jump to still win the ball or make life difficult for the opposition CB. It's called experience and guile.

Watch how many times Matt Smith gives away cheap free-kicks as he barges & bangs into the defenders, leaving the ref no choice but to blow up *

Iwelumo still makes life really difficult for the opposition, and still wins the high balls, without committing obvious fouls.

.....this Iwelumo is :censored:e is getting on my nerves. He's far from :censored:e. Smith should be watching him like a hawk and learning from him every day in training. You don't have to charge around and bang into people to be an extremely effective 'big man' upfront.

.* For the record, I like the fact that Smithy has got mean and added that to his game - he could just do with reigning it in sometimes; and watch how CI still backs in, and makes himself a nuisnance without the obvious clattering about.

Currently on our best run of results of the season with him in the team but yeah, let's drop him now. Unbelievable.

I personally think that's down to TP's tactics, we lost against Walsall and Iwelumo was dire all game. Yet as soon as Dickov goes we get our best string of results

They are decent additions to the squad, but no-one is un-droppable. If you have an ineffective game as CI

did against Pompey then your position must be reviewed if there are other genuine options.

Im not too convinced about big Chris, not a carthorse by any means but for a big lad the ball doesnt stick to him to allow others into play.

Some say he's bad some say he's good, I say he's ok at best, Id rather have Smith starting.

They are decent additions to the squad, but no-one is un-droppable. If you have an ineffective game as CI

did against Pompey then your position must be reviewed if there are other genuine options.

They are undroppable for us at the moment because we have no other alternatives in the squad who are better than them.

We're playing everton away rob!

And? We played Liverpool & Everton at home and we've beaten one and drawn one so far with the current formation. Playing with the two strikers up top in the past 6 games has seen 4 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss, which is one of our best runs in recent years, especially since two of the games have been against Prem opposition.

We shall see. If they open up with fellaini, Gibson and osman and pienaar both tucking in will get over ran. My initial thinking was given that they are far superior we would gave to match them in other ways i.e flood the midfield. But your probably right let's go for it.

Edited by welshgaz

He has to play 2 strikers with Baxter in midfield. As others have pointed out, reverting to 4-4-1-1 is going back to the system under which we've lost so many games.

The big questions for me are:

• Do we play Furman or Wes alongside Baxter in the middle (with Crofty and Obita out wide)?
  • Do we play CI or Smith up top?

If he's fully fit, I'm inclined to go with Wes in the middle and bring Furman on when he starts to tire.

Smith deserves a start based on his recent performances. Distin had a fairly comfortable game until he came on and will be wary of him. CI would give us a bit of guile and experience which could be useful though.

I'd also rather be in a position to bring Smith on in the second half if we're a goal down. CI I'm not sure would make much difference if we're chasing the game.

Edited by bossrocks

:petesake:

If you watch the games he's played in - he doesn't actually need to jump to still win the ball or make life difficult for the opposition CB. It's called experience and guile.

Watch how many times Matt Smith gives away cheap free-kicks as he barges & bangs into the defenders, leaving the ref no choice but to blow up *

Iwelumo still makes life really difficult for the opposition, and still wins the high balls, without committing obvious fouls.

.....this Iwelumo is :censored:e is getting on my nerves. He's far from :censored:e. Smith should be watching him like a hawk and learning from him every day in training. You don't have to charge around and bang into people to be an extremely effective 'big man' upfront.

.* For the record, I like the fact that Smithy has got mean and added that to his game - he could just do with reigning it in sometimes; and watch how CI still backs in, and makes himself a nuisnance without the obvious clattering about.

The more I see CI the more I realise the influence he is having on the team, Always talking and encouraging, Think Smith must be learning from him if you believe what you hear. Strong case for giving CI the 1st half then letting Smithy loose for the 2nd. This could all be hypothetical as we could be out of sight at half time. Dont stop believing. There is a song in there somewhere

Smith to start, needs to batter the :censored: outta the Everton defence

Yep. :censored: sending him on to chase the game. Chase them.Scare the CBs, keep the FBs honest for fear of crosses. They won't be :censored:ting themselves for fear of our midfield play, lets surprise them with that :OASISscarf:

Think you've missed my point with some creative editing there...........

agree to massively disagree then it seems.

It was poor editing on my part I wasn't trying to do a sarcastic joke like you think, I was pointing out the fact that I'm not the only one that thinks it because you must have seen a lot of people post it if it's getting to the point where it gets on your nerves.