Tarky

MessiM'Voto

Obita

Baxter, baby

Wesolowski

Croft

Barnard

Smith

I'm not averse to Simpson getting a start alongside Barnard and Matty Smith Smith Smith coming on after an hour. But I think Smith will give us a Forest like effort, so should start.

Wes has been magnificent against both Scouse teams. So, if fit, should start ahead of Furman. Tarky has convinced me that he should be ahead of Byrne.

While concerned about Baxter's defensive frailties, I think he's going to have the game of his life and will influence the win with his passing. Keep him in the middle.

Smith all the way, and I'd play both push Baxter back up to striker and put Banard on the bench. We were over-run in the middle last week, and Baxters not influencing the games as much since he dropped back.

Spot on this. Barnard would start on the bench for

Me. Wes and furman cm with Jose off smith. Furman has permission to get forward too.

Same front six as against forest in second half with Wes for M'changama. Simmo will come narrow when required and feed off smith and baxter reading knock downs. We need wes and furman IMO perhaps with capitano narrow on left like CW against L'pool and Barnard / Simmo up with Smudge.

Can't wait, should be a brillaint encounter.

Edited by eyres_28

Same front six as against forest in second half with Wes for M'changama. Smith will come narrow when required and feed off smith and baxter reading knock downs. We need wes and furman IMO perhaps with capitano narrow on left like CW against L'pool and Barnard / Simmo up with Smudge.

Can't wait, should be a brillaint encounter.

Get at them, don't let them take the initiative, bombard them in the air where they are very weak and it's the Liverpool result again.

This is going back to PD days, surely we have learnt we are better as a team with 2 out and out strikers.

But furman gets license to go forward an join in. We're away at everton, Jose doesn't do walksthe ugly side of the game much, we need 2 people in there who will do that and allow Jose to do his stuff. It is is an attacking move as it allows your attacking players more chance to influence the game.

We're playing everton away rob!

Let THEM worry about US - and after last week and their result yesterday they won't be wanting to face us that's for sure.

Smith to start i think in place of CI with Wes in for Furman

SICK of this Dickov-esque plan of 4-4-1-1 'with Furman license to go forward' - the guy has played like that for the past 3 years with us and once every 6 months he gets forward - he HARDLY EVER gets forward as he is (and has the mentality of) a DM, which Wes is better at, so yes shock horror 'you-cant-drop-the=captain' Furman on the bench.

Baxter has had no problems attacking and tracking back defening, he has done both really well and Barnard is the ideal little shietser to be in and around Smith in the box - half a yard and he will nick a goal; rather than Smith isolated

play 4-4-1-1 and we will get overrun, purely because we will sit deep like we always did with that formation and Smith will have to hold onto it for ages for support to arrive, it wont and we will lose it time and again.

TP changed to simple 4-4-2 for a reason - we are :censored: with 4-4-1-1 and the players know how to do 4-4-2

stop over-tacticalising (word?!) and stick to what we know best and has worked great these past 3 weeks.

4-4-2

Bouzy

Brown,Tarky.mvoto,Grounds

Croft.Wes.Baxter, Obita

Smith,Barnard

Let THEM worry about US - and after last week and their result yesterday they won't be wanting to face us that's for sure.

Smith to start i think in place of CI with Wes in for Furman

SICK of this Dickov-esque plan of 4-4-1-1 'with Furman license to go forward' - the guy has played like that for the past 3 years with us and once every 6 months he gets forward - he HARDLY EVER gets forward as he is (and has the mentality of) a DM, which Wes is better at, so yes shock horror 'you-cant-drop-the=captain' Furman on the bench.

Baxter has had no problems attacking and tracking back defening, he has done both really well and Barnard is the ideal little shietser to be in and around Smith in the box - half a yard and he will nick a goal; rather than Smith isolated

play 4-4-1-1 and we will get overrun, purely because we will sit deep like we always did with that formation and Smith will have to hold onto it for ages for support to arrive, it wont and we will lose it time and again.

TP changed to simple 4-4-2 for a reason - we are :censored: with 4-4-1-1 and the players know how to do 4-4-2

stop over-tacticalising (word?!) and stick to what we know best and has worked great these past 3 weeks.

4-4-2

Bouzy

Brown,Tarky.mvoto,Grounds

Croft.Wes.Baxter, Obita

Smith,Barnard

With fitness doubts surrounding Tarky and Wes we may see Byne and Furman start.

Edited by BP1960

I have to disagree with people saying that Baxter doesn't do the defensive work in centre-mid. One of the great things about the Liverpool and Everton games was that Jose wasn't at his best going forward but put in a hell of a shift defensively. Two examples, the block from Gerrard's shot against Liverpool and chasing back Pienaar who seemed to have done him for pace before making a clean sliding tackle.

I'll admit that I'm surprised this formation has worked as well as it has but we've done so well in the cup this year by having enough attacking options on the pitch to cause teams multiple problems. Also while we got physically bruised (Smith apart) by Everton last time can anyone say we got outclassed playing on the floor? If we take them on at playing good football I see us having a good chance of progressing.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Smith has to be up top on Friday. We must stamp our mark on the game early on, get them worrying about the physical challenge Smith presents rather than letting them cruise the type of game they're used to for an hour before bringing him on.

In the League Cup final yesterday Bradford didn't get the ball up to Hanson until early in the 2nd half, when they did Swansea looked worried, but by then were leading comfortably. The problem was they didn't stamp their authority on the game and just let Swansea have it their way. We have to ensure this doesn't happen tomorrow night.

Smith in for Iwelumo - not because I dont rate CI; but because I think Smith's performances vs Forest, Liverpool and Eventon have meritted he gets the start for this one.

Wes in for Furman. Even a 3/4 fit Wes is a better option than a fully fit Furman IMO.

Other than that, same as recent games, 4-4-2 with Baxter pushing on; and Croft & Obita out wide to worry them.

Baxter will do his defensive work no worries , smith def to start, and I agree Barnard is the best at sniffing around for knock downs.

I also think we need furman and wes to start , everton are quite a narrow side in midfield so I'm thinking Baxter to start on the left with license to roam in and join the front 2 , obv crofty right side