No need to panic (yet)

Shrewsbury, Colchester and Scunthorpe all lost yesterday which means we're in the same position as we were prior to yesterday's defeat.

We have 2 games in hand over our immediate relegation rivals.

At -14, we have the 'best' goal difference in the bottom 6. (Bury -23, Portsmouth -21, Hartlepool -24, Scunthorpe -21, Colchester -20)

A win against Hartlepool on Tuesday night would leave us 7 points away from the bottom 3 and, if Bury win or draw, could lift us out of the bottom 4 with 2 games in hand.

Shrewsbury are away at MK Dons and Colchester are away at Coventry. Scunthorpe travel to Bury who will be fighting for their lives.

What's all the panic?

Edited by excharnwoodlatic

Shrewsbury, Colchester and Scunthorpe all lost yesterday which means we're in the same position as we were prior to yesterday's defeat.

We have 2 games in hand over our immediate relegation rivals.

At -14, we have the 'best' goal difference in the bottom 6. (Bury -23, Portsmouth -21, Hartlepool -24, Scunthorpe -21, Colchester -20)

A win against Hartlepool on Tuesday night would leave us 7 points adrift of the bottom 3 and, if Bury win or draw, could lift us out of the bottom 4 with 2 games in hand.

Shrewsbury are away at MK Dons and Colchester are away at Coventry. Scunthorpe travel to Bury who will be fighting for their lives.

What's all the panic?

Nothing, except we're not very good, don't score goals and a squad with less heart than a hamster.

Also when in TV they performed against the best and all proved they can do it ( apart from iwellumo ) which means if they carry on not giving a :censored: it doesn't matter because they will play elsewhere if we go down.

They have already played for their futures so n

On fixtures and goal difference we should scrape through and stay up but the emptiness of character in the team suggests that it will be harder that just a few simple fixtures.

Bring back the FA Cup character and we're sorted, league character and we're struggling.

On fixtures and goal difference we should scrape through and stay up but the emptiness of character in the team suggests that it will be harder that just a few simple fixtures.

Bring back the FA Cup character and we're sorted, league character and we're struggling.

This why I may not watch another game this season. I started, out this season, watching a few games with the 'lets see how it goes mentality'. Gradually, the' I couldn't give a monkey' attitude settled into the players mindset in my opinion. Then the Liverpool game, I didn't go for the reasons outlined above. A great performance and I was back on board for both Everton games. Then, the bad attitude of players gradually returned. The most annoying thing is, we know they can do it. I'll be back this season IF the majority of players start to give it their 100% again. As a fan, that is all I ask.

This why I may not watch another game this season. I started, out this season, watching a few games with the 'lets see how it goes mentality'. Gradually, the' I couldn't give a monkey' attitude settled into the players mindset in my opinion.

Jose Baxter couldn't give a monkey but he did try to sell it to Crofty for £50.

For what it's worth; I started to panic a while ago......

I actually think we're properly in the :censored:e.

The Cup run was fantastic and thank goodness we've had it for the financials and also our enjoyment as fans.

But - it's somewhat masked just how desperate we've been in the league and in what a dodgy position we find ourselves in.

We could very well go down here....I'm worried

The stats table doesn't appear to show loanees , Derbyshire , Barnard , but ....3 league goals for the second top player is abysmal.

How on earth is this is supposed to attract any new fans to our brand of ' entertainment'.

Peterborough managed their first 0-0 draw on over 100 games on Saturday ,any chance of us changing the habits of a season and banging 4 goals in on Tuesday for the first time .....no , thought not.

The stats table doesn't appear to show loanees , Derbyshire , Barnard , but ....3 league goals for the second top player is abysmal.

How on earth is this is supposed to attract any new fans to our brand of ' entertainment'.

Peterborough managed their first 0-0 draw on over 100 games on Saturday ,any chance of us changing the habits of a season and banging 4 goals in on Tuesday for the first time .....no , thought not.

I'd be happy with 1 goal and a clean sheet.