The Lee Johnson Appreciation Thread

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because as soon as it starts goin wrong he,ll f?k off back down south or for another post as he has no connection whatsoever with us, hes 31 ffs hes not ready yet as he should still be playing

I know better than to do this, but I'll do it anyway ...

:censored: OFF YOU NEGATIVE BASTARD.

(apologies to any other readers offended by this)

I know better than to do this, but I'll do it anyway ...

:censored: OFF YOU NEGATIVE BASTARD.

(apologies to any other readers offended by this)

Agreed opinions4u. People like that I wish wouldn't support Latics. What a dickhead.

micky adams as a good example or this lads dad, will that do

I asked on another thread but, can you name a manger that we have had who was local?

can you also name another manager who ":censored:ed off" when times got tough becuase i dont recall any manager doing this to us without being pushed

just because you keep saying the same :censored: in different threads does not mean it will happen or that anyone will agree.

we all know what you think so it either time to stop posting the SAME thing or jog on please

great result but he got a reaction from the players thats all. im praying we stay up then next season spend a bit on a proper manager an have him as number 2 so he can learn what its all about

sorry but what a nonsense! By this logic, in ten-fifteen years time there will be no managers as you are not allowing anyone to join the esteemed group that includes such luminaries as Phil Brown, Dave Penney, Kevin Keegan et al.

because as soon as it starts goin wrong he,ll f?k off back down south or for another post as he has no connection whatsoever with us, hes 31 ffs hes not ready yet as he should still be playing

....I thought he lived in Cheshire? Perhaps that's what you meant by down South?

great result but he got a reaction from the players thats all. im praying we stay up then next season spend a bit on a proper manager an have him as number 2 so he can learn what its all about

he is a contracted manager for two years. An experienced number two is all that's needed.

Lee Johnson needs our full backing and yes there will be bad days, but after reading the messages on here and chatting to my dad who was one of the lucky 12 (O4U) I'm very impressed by a) his vision & B) actually putting that vision into practice. Admit-tingly it is VERY early days as pointed out above but get on board on jog on son because quite frankly the club doesn't need the attitude your displaying.

we all want the same thing here all im saying is where were at now its not the right time to thro him in yet??

True. I'd have left it another few weeks until we were in the bottom three. Give him a real test.

Edited by Twisbrogan

I know; I know - we shouldn't feed thd trolls

But just like O4U - feck it!

Sly on rant:

What's your obsession with him being Southern?

Can southern men not manager northern sides & visa versa? Better tell 90% of the league manager that then.

There's being worried about his youth and lack of outright experience........and then there's being a negative prick just for the sake of it.

Look in the mirror and see which one you're being. (I'll give you a hint - you're being a negative prick for the sake of it)

Sly off rant

His interview on Latics Player is again very revealing, most players comment that they miss playing, he seems very different. He has wanted to be a manager for a long time, doesn't appear to be an ex-player clinging on to the "dressing room banta" nor has he just put a sheepskin coat on and become a manager. Very measured, precise and knows his own mind. Interesting to hear him talk about his preparation for the Shrews game, different approach to Philliskirk and I hope it pays off.

its great reading this board and seeing points of others and no nastiness intended from me to my fellow oldham fans btw. have we not been down this route before tho with dickov? i really hope it works out with him in charge an if so i,ll be the first to hold my hands up. he would be a great manager for us on the 1st of may whatever div were in. but now and the mess were in im not convinced