OA95 Athletico Ultras - Organised & Blogging!

banner+small.jpg

It's taken a while and - perhaps - a few years. The attempt at creating a group of Ultras in the midst of all the :censored: the club is going through is almost complete. Organisation has led us to creating a fans' blog we want to share with you guys!

With that comes more - updated daily! Follow Latics & Frankfurt scores live, articles from the fans, downloads (wallpapers, etc.), videos and much more!

• See the scores live! Follow Latics weekly as we keep you up-to-date with the score in our sidebar as well as the next week's upcoming fixture.
  • Follow ze Germans! I bet that's not been said in a while. Eintracht Frankfurt and St. Pauli are battling it out in Bundesliga 1 and 2. Why not follow our German brothers?
  • Get downloads the club wouldn't dream of using! Of course, OAFC produces some of the naffest :censored:e in terms of wallpapers, etc. But we don't! Check out or Downloads page!
  • Check out our selection of videos, including Oldham chants, glory moments and music along with inspiration videos from our friends from Europe!
  • Have a real VOICE! We want fans to contribute as we will do in produce articles including thoughts on the club, the fans and general issues facing the Latics.

Want to find out more about us (or don't)? Click our

About page.

Find us on

Facebook!

Edited by GuyGermanLatic

"I need a decent wallpaper!", I hear you all cry! Well why didn't you just say?

We have a huge choice of 3 - yes, 3! - wallpapers so far for you to choose from that wouldn't make it onto the site if they were gift-wrapped by Corney himself.

From the Sex Pistols rip-off...

preview+1.jpg

to something a bit more classy...

52b60o.jpg

Great idea.Lets get behind the new manager and bring some atmosphere back to boundary park!

This man!

Really like the idea of organising a core of singing fans, getting banners and making some noise but has anything actually happened yet?

There aren't any banners in the RRE, there aren't many fans who sing and there isn't much of an atmosphere.

I'm all for schemes like this and I'm a massive advocate of safe standing and bringing back the terraces to football but I don't understand how it's 'almost complete'...other than a few flags there's nothing to say we have a set of ULTRAS or an atmosphere....

Support so far has been great :first:

Really like the idea of organising a core of singing fans, getting banners and making some noise but has anything actually happened yet?

There aren't any banners in the RRE, there aren't many fans who sing and there isn't much of an atmosphere.

I'm all for schemes like this and I'm a massive advocate of safe standing and bringing back the terraces to football but I don't understand how it's 'almost complete'...other than a few flags there's nothing to say we have a set of ULTRAS or an atmosphere....

There are already a few banners - regardless of how plain or simple - made by a few of the ones wanting to help start it up.

I get where you're coming from. The scene right now is "messy" in terms of having fans who sing here and there or just enough to have an atmosphere. The idea of this is to bind them together under one unit and give that "mess" a sense of direction and purpose.

Of course, it will take some time and work until it's "complete" - if it ever will be - but there's been a few big steps in the past weeks, mainly thanks to Everton and Liverpool, which has pushed us forward.

Two lads already made this. Of course more are on their way in the future with a bit more design than this! We always have Mark...

athleticos+banner.jpg

Also Latics or The Latics? I can always change that.

For this to work we need to spread the word and everyone needs to chip in and be aware of it

Exactly. Well we have the blog getting a lot of attention, our Facebook page and a few good connections on there.

What's next? Flyers, posters, etc.? I'll arrange something.

Exactly. Well we have the blog getting a lot of attention, our Facebook page and a few good connections on there.

What's next? Flyers, posters, etc.? I'll arrange something.

One suggestion - get rid of the 'I'm a B*$*^£d' video from the site - it somehow does not sit well with the principles of a movement that purports to take inspiration from the Sankt Pauli principled beginnings. :peepwall:

I'll chip in a bit for a banner if you promise to keep the Eintracht/St Pauli nonsense to an absolute minimum ;-)

That can be done.

:naughty:

One suggestion - get rid of the 'I'm a B*$*^£d' video from the site - it somehow does not sit well with the principles of a movement that purports to take inspiration from the Sankt Pauli principled beginnings. :peepwall:

It's one of the most famous chants but we have time to work on them. That said, the St. Pauli vs. HSV chants certainly aren't pretty... Meh, not sure.

Will be getting together with a few of the guys starting this as I'm home for a nice 2 weeks very soon. We'll sort out the direction we want it to go in and whatnot but right now, as you pointed out, we want to take inspiration from Frankfurt & St. Pauli.

Edited by GuyGermanLatic

athleticos+banner.jpg

Love this banner but it's not been in the RRE at all throughout the season.

Only time I remember anything like this, this season, the banner was ejected by the stewards for some reason. Ridiculous, I know.

I suppose the whole movement of an ULTRA helps when the team is doing well which it obviously isn't and also if stewards didn't sit the home singing fans down every time they tried to create any sort of atmosphere.

Hate to double post but what we really need is a big influx of support and ideas from other fans. We have the people and willpower - well, that's hard to guarantee - from other fans who want the idea to become a reality but have no way of going away. Hence us.

Anything you guys can suggest to help us out would be brilliant.

Cheers. Can the apostrophe be deleted from ATHLETICO'S?

Wasnt me. :coffee1:

Can we get some of those super sticky stickers so I can deface other club's grounds/service station toilets/random places up and down the country?

Yes, actually. We're gettin' all kinds of shizzle! Seriously, we are.